Max8

Personal-development is Scam

121 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Max8 said:

ok but so far not a single one of them has mentioned a practical results,  all they have is nice feelings and some belief change which is what i have had, 

I never had a gf before I got into personal development. My relationships in general have improved like 500% or more. Now I have charisma and confidence and I rarely feel shy or anxious. These are results at the inter-personal level.

1 hour ago, Max8 said:

which  is what i call mental stuff, but where is the practical stuff? such as money who doesnt want money? 

I have never thought of personal development as a money maker. I think you're confusing it with get-rich-quick schemes.

For me personally, even if financial improvement accompanied this journey, I wouldn't give credit to PD. Money is a completely different topic imo, almost unrelated to PD. If I wanted to be rich 5 years ago, I probably would have gotten rich by now, and that would have had little to nothing to do with self-help. My life was different and my priorities were different 5 years ago when I started this journey. I only started to desire money this year, so it's early for me to expect results. But again, if I got rich 5 years later, that would be a result of hard work and persistence, not of PD.

1 hour ago, Max8 said:

so why none of them so far dont mention  a killing business they made?

Not one of my goals. I have other plans, and I'm on my way to achieving them.

1 hour ago, Max8 said:

why none of them has had a pretty  girlfriend bcz of PD?  

I did just above.

1 hour ago, Max8 said:

where are the practical results ?

Your hyper-focus on money is not letting you see them. I have achieved practical results, but I consider them minor compared to happiness and satisfaction. My life has changed drastically, from deep suffering to unmatched happiness, and it's still improving. If I don't count that results, then I'm ungrateful. Ultimately, I'd rather be feeling good and be poor than rich and feeling miserable.

1 hour ago, Max8 said:

feeling nice and changining your beliefs is pure mental masturbation and is placebo BS  bcz u think u are doing better with ur time of ocurse u will feel nice etc,

but when u achieve tangible results thats when u know u are doing it right  bcz that shit cannot be faked !

it's not just the audience here 

many i talked to are saying the same thing that they feel nice or that they have a little bit of this or a little bit of that but no major change really it's just self deception or what  i like to call placebo .

that made me question this whole thing 

Call it placebo or whatever you want. Watching videos and reading books will not make you rich. Anyone with common sense knows that. If you want money, go work. It's as simple as that.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

2 hours ago, Max8 said:

which  is what i call mental stuff, but where is the practical stuff? such as money who doesnt want money? 

so why none of them so far dont mention  a killing business they made? why none of them has had a pretty  girlfriend bcz of PD?  

where are the practical results ?

We'll I've made over a million dollars, I've attracted some really hot girls, I've lost 65 pounds, and many other practical things.

But the most important gains were not material, they were in how I perceive myself and reality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

We'll I've made over a million dollars, I've attracted some really hot girls, I've lost 65 pounds, and many other practical things.

But the most important gains were not material, they were in how I perceive myself and reality.

what mindset u have adopted that made you super productive ?

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

and you created useful content like this forum

9 hours ago, Max8 said:

ok but so far not a single one of them has mentioned a practical results

Lol. Just look at people who are doing what they love in life. Study them.

I'm currently working really hard towards this myself. I've been able to get my degree more quickly and take many months off to find and work towards my Life Purpose. I'm also working towards becoming more financially independent. Can't say I have achieved it but I'm on the right track.

My understanding of life, and specific things like marketing and business have also grown a lot this year.

An important point is also that true understanding is not "mental masturbation." It will serve you for the rest of your life.

9 hours ago, Max8 said:

Also study materially succesful people if money is so important to you.

9 hours ago, Max8 said:

but when u achieve tangible results thats when u know u are doing it right  bcz that shit cannot be faked !

Sure. Set some goals and do whatever work you need to do to achieve them. Nobody to fool but yourself.

Edited by ItsNick

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

Why is everyone placating to @Max8 ? They clearly are not courageous enough to embark on the journey of personal development. Stop wasting your breath on these nonsensical topics. Huge waste of time.

Edited by Terell Kirby

37 minutes ago, ItsNick said:

Lol. Just look at people who are doing what they love in life. Study them.

I'm currently working really hard towards this myself. I've been able to get my degree more quickly and take many months off to find and work towards my Life Purpose. I'm also working towards becoming more financially independent. Can't say I have achieved it but I'm on the right track.

when you actually get the tangible results you think u would have then say it's working until then it's just mental masturbation and placebo effect in my opinion.

My understanding of life, and specific things like marketing and business have also grown a lot this year.

thats really  an opinion of yours we cant verify if you actually have the right understanding of life. 

An important point is also that true understanding is not "mental masturbation." It will serve you for the rest of your life.

it really wont, i have had them for 5 years nothing really changed if any it made it a little worst bcz now your mind thinks it knows better and it is more clever with making excuses

Also study materially succesful people if money is so important to you.

good point 

Sure. Set some goals and do whatever work you need to do to achieve them. Nobody to fool but yourself.

agree

45 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Why is everyone placating to @Max8 ? They clearly are not courageous enough to embark on the journey of personal development. Stop wasting your breath on these nonsensical topics. Huge waste of time.

ok u are the courageous one here good for you bud.
now why u r wasting your time with my posts ? go spend it elsewhere pls.

What do you mean feeling nice and stuff doesn't count and is placebo?

Would you rather have 1 billion $ in your bank account but still feel bad or just the same as you have now and feel good?

42 minutes ago, universe said:

What do you mean feeling nice and stuff doesn't count and is placebo?

Would you rather have 1 billion $ in your bank account but still feel bad or just the same as you have now and feel good?

im not very good at expressing myself especially through writing. 

what im trying to say that the mind is very tricky so maybe that feelings  or emotions are based on beliefs and brainwashing rather than actual fundamental change in your body or psyche.

this is an interesting example of how our minds can often be wrong about very basic stuff. and how it tricks us despite knowing. 

by the way those are really the same size try testing in with photoshop its really mind blowing 

Table_shepard.preview.jpg

Edited by Max8

What else are (desired) fundamental changes to your body and psyche other than having a stable feeling and being able to deal with your emotions in a healthy way?

It would be like saying that light is very tricky so maybe the fact that your desk light works is based on ants rather than actual energy :P

Of course your beliefs are important too, and so are your results.

Have you seen Leo's video on "Fake growth vs real growth"? Maybe it will help you.

@Max8

On 30/10/2021 at 5:20 PM, Max8 said:

that how it works in theory but in practice it's a different story 

there are many obstacles that would easily make it impossible for you to successed  in that filed (GD)

It absolutely works in practice, the problem is your mind comes up with tons of negative thoughts that are consuming your energy. You have to develop yourself from where you are, if that’s where you are, (depressions, believing competitors are dominating you, believing you can’t execute anything…) that’s where you need to start.

The problem is you don’t make those subject of your personal development, your mind is coming up with this so fast that you even forget is the minds thought.

one thing you need to take by heart to heal this is that your mind quits first and your body follows. Don’t underestimate the power of this simple idea. And have more vision, whatever vision you have will determine what thoughts you get later. Since you’re so discourage that’s why you tell me all those things.

And you have openlibrary.org, millions of free books to lesrn how to do any skill you want, and YouTube, I built my e-commerce business learning from free YouTube videos and books from that website, searching “top books about x” in Google and searching if they are on openlibrary.org. And you need to do the stuff for yourself and save the work una portfolio ( in the graphic design example I gave you) and when you practice by yourself and the work becomes good, based on you studying the good works then show it to people and they’ll listen. I’m a business owner and I can recognise for example a good copywriter or graphic designed based on them showing me a notebook, I don’t need more evidence.

Edited by AminB501

@Max8 I recommend you to order yourself mentally by listing all those objections you have and not allowing your mind to be all over the place. Try to know your mind more and this will allow you to predict it’s moves and work on improving it in a more organised way. When you know your mind and it’s thoughts very well it starts to fix itself automatically, almost as your breath goes on automatically.

@Max8 A physics degree is tangible. I also have tangible savings and tangible free time to be creative and work on myself and business.

As well as tangible increases in my satisfaction with life and my health (thanks to a healthier lifestyle).

But one last time: This work is that hardest thing in life and requires you commit 100%. It's ultimately challenging.

Obviously if you work on yourself and your life hard enough you can improve it (a lot).

If you're not interested in that because you believe it's all nonsense then just leave this forum.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

On 10/30/2021 at 6:37 PM, Max8 said:

go ahead then  list the progress of your PD journey  

How is this going to help you directly? If u had a bad luck doing PD or lack of work to accomplish anything.

I tend to think that PD is 30% mental work and 70% going out and doing the work, it seems to me like ur stuck in 100% mental work and blaming others for it

10 hours ago, Max8 said:

what mindset u have adopted that made you super productive ?

I explain that for over 25hrs in my Life Purpose Course.

And also in many of my free videos.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I built a real estate investing company starting at 22 mostly thanks to PD. The business went from $60k invested to $180k net worth in less than 4 years working on it about 1 hour a month average. Money is a hollow goal for the most part. When you get into the deeper stuff money is seen for what it is. I’d rather be homeless with the spiritual/perceptual gains than rich without them. Downplay the higher tier stuff if you want. Shooting yourself in the foot is fun to some people I guess? But really you’re probably not meant to be pursuing those “higher” goals right now if you’ve got this mindset. Go get some money and relationships and see that it doesn’t ultimately satisfy. Or maybe it does satisfy for you. Either way, it’s a win for you. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Max8 just because you are talking to a screen claiming self-development, actuality, truth or being meta, does not mean you are meeting actual intelligence. maybe sometimes, but most of the time the screen is rather the illusion - ofc its a pyramid scheme.

ask yourself what self-development and actuality means for yourself and you will probably get different answers than a huge percentage of people writing in this forum depending on your visions and goals. 

self proclamation doesn’t make true actualization, i‘d say 80% of your conversation here will be ego fights or the attempt for survival of opinion rather than helping you in the field of your own life purpose. if it has to do with helping others, forget it. if you are already asking the question if selfactualization is limited to what you encounter here, be wise and find out what it means for yourself, rather than what others make you believe it might be. 

although you can achieve a lot of insights and maybe social competence writing here, maybe finding some 20% of growth – it‘s only if you make changes regarding your real development, and might realize what 80% of non communication makes your life sth advanced (still doing it a 100%).

6 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I built a real estate investing company starting at 22 mostly thanks to PD. The business went from $60k invested to $180k net worth in less than 4 years working on it about 1 hour a month average.

How did PD help you with that? In what ways?

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Leo Gura Why do you say there will hardly be people who reach to your stage of development, you'll never be able to communicate insights and you'll be the only one in the Universe to know? Coming from 'The Root Solution To People Pleasing & Loneliness'