Max8

Personal-development is Scam

121 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, AminB501 said:

@Max8 

Let's take a person who is lazy and doesn't have a career, he can apply some techniques to get courage, maybe he decides to go into graphic design, studies the principles, studies great pros, practices and get's better until people reach out to him.

Then he grows whatever deficiencies it has that stand between him and his goal, this could be social skills, discipline skills, persuasion skills, productivity skills... He gets all those skills and finally, he has value, he has muscle. This would be a real personal development journey.

that how it works in theory but in practice it's a different story 

there are many obstacles that would easily make it impossible for you to successed  in that filed (GD)

living in a third world country

huge competition 

zero marketing skills 

you have no time to work long hours 

nobody is hiring you  

now u might say i could work on fixing those and yea thats possible in theory but working on fixing one  of those would take years and would have great challenges in their own 

such as moving into a new country 

how could u even do that when u have zero money ? or no visa ? 

or with competition 

how could u compet against exerprts who are far better than u by decades and are dominating the industry 

or learning the makreting skills which is again a whole new challenge in its own 

and you are in harsh situation and u barley able to feed yourself and pay the bills and have time to work 

thats how it is in real life for most ppl

thats the challange we are facing 

NOT that we are lazy 

some ppl have real challenges such as mental health problems: depression, severe anxiety/stress , no money and in a poor country where most servicers are quit bad. 

20 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

personal development has completely changed my life beyond anything I could ever imagine.

like what,  would you share some examples?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

This is why you aren't not getting results.

Nothing surprising here.

It's like you're listening to people talking about doing push-ups but you never do any push-ups. Of course then you won't get results.

If you don't enjoy self-improvement then maybe stop reading/listening/watching about it and go do whatever you enjoy.

People who are into self-help have a passion for self-help itself even more so than its fruits. If all you want is the fruits but you don't enjoy the process and don't want to do it, then yeah, it will be a grind.

Personal development is not a scam. You can evolve yourself a lot in many ways.

i did enjoy doing mental masturbation with self development  

but thats about it,  it's just a hobby for fun like jerking  off or smoking or playing video games and watching movies.

thats why 99%  hasnt really gotten tangible results from doing it

they just feel the illusion of real success. 

31 minutes ago, Max8 said:

but thats about it,  it's just a hobby for fun like jerking  off or smoking or playing video games and watching movies.

Speak for yourself

32 minutes ago, Andyforreal said:

Speak for yourself

go ahead then  list the progress of your PD journey  

@Max8 Bro, I'm not lying. The list is too long to write or remember. It's basically everything promised, and more. The levels of happiness and satisfaction that I experience right now alone instead of the hell I was living in are enough for me. Yet I have gotten a lot more, and more is yet to come.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

37 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@Max8  The list is too long to write or remember. It's basically everything promised, and more. The levels of happiness and satisfaction that I experience right now alone instead of the hell I was living in are enough for me. Yet I have gotten a lot more, and more is yet to come.

lol as i expected.

sounds exactly how i thought a year ago when i was under the illusion .

4 minutes ago, Max8 said:

lol as i expected.

How did you awaken?

24 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

How did you awaken?

when shit hit me,

it's as tho i  were doing MMA and after all those years i had a simple street fight and i  got completely destroyed  thats when you realize what im talking about 

@Max8 ?

Come on, man! It can't be that bad.

Although, it's one thing just imagining doing MMA, and it's another thing entirely actually doing MMA.

Leo has a video on balance between theory and practice. Theory should take only like 10% max of your focus and time. You become better through practice only. But the theory is necessary and can be quite powerful.

I'm currently learning Front-end Web Development, and I can verify that that rule is correct and applicable. All the theory is useless unless it's followed by a lot more practice.

Edited by Gesundheit2

"Personal development" is extremely broad. Depends on the type you are talking about.

Using tools to improve your life is not a scam. Expecting something for nothing is. 

Real personal development helps guide you toward a better life and clears out all the shit there is inbetween. All the responsibility and work is on You, and only you.

It becomes a scam if you mentally masturbate about it and never actually do anything. You can do it without talking about it. It's as if you're holding a map but never actually walking toward the destination. 

There's levels to this shit mate

Edited by QandC

2 hours ago, Max8 said:

lol as i expected.

What is your definition of progress or results from personal development? What answers are you hoping people will give you?

4 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@Max8 ?

Come on, man! It can't be that bad.

it is quit bad for me bcz my life is on the line this is no hobby for me i need it to survive 

Self-Actualization, Self-Improvement, Personal Development...it's one of the hardest possible things in life.

It's ultimately challenging. It's framed as the "hero's journey" for a reason dude.

Even so. Minor improvement happens for many people. Most basic self-help is about finding a job you like, learning more about yourself, time-management etc. Easy stuff.

But you don't have to do this work. You can just try and create a comfortable life and be a normie. But that would probably be much less fulfilling.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

12 hours ago, Max8 said:

Be careful projecting your own lack of seriousness onto others.

Just because you enjoy mental masturbation does not mean that everyone is treating personal devlopment that way. Some people actually do the work rather than sitting around watching videos and daydreaming.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Self help has helped me with:

limiting belief systems - understand how what you believe influences everything. Every action begins with a seed and your thoughts make up reality ( psychedelics also made an impact on this).

understand value and how to prioritize what is good - became introduced to different templates of organization of time, the importance of defining goals, and also defining how bad habits are serving a need.

communicate more effectively - how our words have power in our mind and on others.

start and receive value from journaling, meditation, and contemplation.

take more action and responsibility - The only way to help yourself is to do this.

Understand nature - masculinity, femininity, God - which is connected to my well-being.

I think it also depends on what you define as self-help. Reading the Bible or Plato's republic is self-help to me.

At the same time, I understand where you are coming from though.

Edited by SgtPepper

7 hours ago, Max8 said:

it is quit bad for me bcz my life is on the line this is no hobby for me i need it to survive 

We all need to survive.

Start Simple, and baby-step your progress. Get a job first, learn another skill on the side, save some money, then start upgrading your lifestyle. Then you will have a foundation to create real success. That's my blueprint, anyway.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just because you enjoy mental masturbation does not mean that everyone is treating personal devlopment that way. Some people actually do the work rather than sitting around watching videos and daydreaming.

ok but so far not a single one of them has mentioned a practical results,  all they have is nice feelings and some belief change which is what i have had, 

which  is what i call mental stuff, but where is the practical stuff? such as money who doesnt want money? 

so why none of them so far dont mention  a killing business they made? why none of them has had a pretty  girlfriend bcz of PD?  

where are the practical results ?

feeling nice and changining your beliefs is pure mental masturbation and is placebo BS  bcz u think u are doing better with ur time of ocurse u will feel nice etc,

but when u achieve tangible results thats when u know u are doing it right  bcz that shit cannot be faked !

it's not just the audience here 

many i talked to are saying the same thing that they feel nice or that they have a little bit of this or a little bit of that but no major change really it's just self deception or what  i like to call placebo .

that made me question this whole thing 

6 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

Self help has helped me with:

limiting belief systems - understand how what you believe influences everything. Every action begins with a seed and your thoughts make up reality ( psychedelics also made an impact on this).

understand value and how to prioritize what is good - became introduced to different templates of organization of time, the importance of defining goals, and also defining how bad habits are serving a need.

communicate more effectively - how our words have power in our mind and on others.

start and receive value from journaling, meditation, and contemplation.

take more action and responsibility - The only way to help yourself is to do this.

Understand nature - masculinity, femininity, God - which is connected to my well-being.

I think it also depends on what you define as self-help. Reading the Bible or Plato's republic is self-help to me.

At the same time, I understand where you are coming from though.

thats all pure mental stuff which is extremely easy to aquire and every newbie including myself had all of that and more but never helped me tbh

and when u actually achieve psychical practical  results u know u are doing it right otherwise it's just  mental masturbation. 

but good luck with ur journey and wish u all the best