Tyler Durden

Why are people who had God realisation considered crazy by society?

38 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@OneHandClap

Clappiness. 

When  clappiness happens -> happiness 

Language magic :D

Plus, if you are saying "I am God" you are imputing a Self to this "entity" which you are conceptualizing as God, and conceptualizing as "you."  So many errors here.  Someone truly realized is like a tree growing in a forest... the tree doesn't tell you it's a tree, it just is a tree.  It would be ridiculous and very un-tree-like for it to tell you it's a tree.  If it tells you it's a tree, chances are it's a dude wearing a tree costume believing it's a tree.  Which doesn't mean the dude isn't a tree, but he sure as heck isn't realized about it. :D

5 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

Plus, if you are saying "I am God" you are imputing a Self to this "entity" which you are conceptualizing as God, and conceptualizing as "you."  So many errors here.  Someone truly realized is like a tree growing in a forest... the tree doesn't tell you it's a tree, it just is a tree.  It would be ridiculous and very un-tree-like for it to tell you it's a tree.  If it tells you it's a tree, chances are it's a dude wearing a tree costume believing it's a tree.  Which doesn't mean the dude isn't a tree, but he sure as heck isn't realized about it. :D

Fullllyyyyyyy agreed on all counts. Hit it out of the park as usual, mr Flyboy

2 hours ago, Tim Ho said:

How can a teacher go full distance and keep their mouths shut at the same time?

Part of going the full distance may actually be realizing the hard way through experience  that you cannot "give" someone else Absolute Truth.  They must discover it themselves.  When it first happens it is OK and even normal to have a burning desire to want to share it with everyone and "awaken" the world.  This is the initial stage after enlightenment...But it is quickly realized that this is a fools errand.   And as others have said on this thread - other beings are figments of your own consciousness at the highest level anyway so there is no "need" to do anything.   

Most people are not even ready for spirituality, let alone awakening....you can gently nudge them along but to do anything further will backfire in your face.   When Galileo tried to tell the Catholic Church that the Earth revolved around the sun he was imprisoned.  He was right- but society at large was not ready.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

If you publicly say that you are God, most people will think that you are crazy and if you insist on it, you'll probably end up in a mental hospital.

Why is that the case? Shouldn't that person be praised because he/she discovered the Truth? Is that a way in which God keeps itself inside the illusion for longer?

How would you feel if I came to you 10 years ago and tell you that you're stupid to think you're a human being and not God ?

That you can just take a psychedelic and realized you're everything, that you're imagining everything, and that science is just a joke you create to believe the world is made of solid stuff ?

You probably would think I needed to be in an asylum, or at the very least go see a psychiatrist and take some heavy medicament to stop being so deluded.

You would call my mom nasty names If I insisted on that :D

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Yeah, that seems like a good description of the situation ?

Why do you think God made people that way? Was he trying to keep the illusion of reality alive as long as possible? Labeling awakened people as crazy or putting them into asylum seems like an effective method to discourage them from exploring the metaphysical stuff and finding out the Truth.

Edited by Tyler Durden

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

@Shin Yeah, that seems like a good description of the situation ?

Why do you think God made people that way? Was he trying to keep the illusion of reality alive as long as possible? Labeling awakened people as crazy or putting them into asylum seems like an effective method to discourage them from exploring the metaphysical stuff and finding out the Truth.

It has nothing to do with God "choosing" to make anything—it's a survival instinct that plays out in the human realm. Humans are threatened by "strange" ways of thinking and behaving. The "will of the Absolute" has zero to do with it. It's a human notion, through and through. There's no dualism between humans and the infinite, in which humans are struggling "against" something by design. It's just the way it is. If you lived in a tribal culture, you might be seen as a holy mystic for having these kinds of experiences. It all has to do with culture, programming, and social norms. 

1 minute ago, Terell Kirby said:

Simple: God realization is unpopular to mainstream society.

Do you think God programmed that reaction into the fabric of reality? 

@OneHandClap Interesting explanation. I was thinking that maybe, before forgeting who it was and starting a human life, God made sure that remembering would be as hard as possible.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

@OneHandClap Interesting explanation. I was thinking that maybe, before forgeting who it was and starting a human life, God made sure that remembering would be as hard as possible.

I think there's plenty of ways/explanations we can come up with, but ultimately those end up being stories. As Nahm often says, they only occur as thoughts. We have to imagine that such a thing is true for it to be true. So in that sense, the best thing to do is forget the stories, the beliefs, the reasons, the logic. All we know for sure is that there is THIS experience, right now, right here :)

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Do you think God programmed that reaction into the fabric of reality? 

Very wise question. I believe the answer is, yes.

God wants the beauty of Truth to come at an extraordinary cost. It wants to make sure you really want it.

Basically whatever you do , that is outside of the norms of your society and culture, you will be called crazy for doing that thing. People are like sheep, they have this innate need to belong, to be part of the tribe. And also the fear of not fitting in. It takes enormous courage to be yourself in a society of low consciousness chimps who will demonize you and ridicule you if you act differently.

I believe that you are not a true spiritual seeker if you haven't been called crazy at least a couple of times in your lifetime. It simply means you haven't gone outside your comfort zone enough and you're paralyzed by fear.

Edited by SQAAD

Because of the ideas they have about God and themselves. How could a mere human be GOD. Well technically it can't because only God is God and there is nothing other than God appearing as something other than itself. When God realizes itself as it is, and not what a conditioned, finite mind full of beliefs and assumptions imagined it is, it sees itself as it truly is. As the only reality.

Vested interests from so-called higher authority also have an agenda to maintain the status quo. What are the implications of God,who exists in and as every self-aware being, realizing its true nature? Realizing one's true nature is a threat to any so called "established" society whose establishment is, by purpose, based on misinformation and control.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

because the word 'god' has too many associations to it that have nothing to do with what you're actually talking about when you say 'I am God.' To correct this I use the word 'Mystery', 'Truth', etc.