kray

Dealing with weed withdrawal symptoms

5 posts in this topic

Been smoking weed constantly (with breaks here and there) for 5 years now, and I am stopping for good. I've been experiencing symptoms ranging from increased anxiety, loss of appetite, feeling of constantly being on edge, irritability, and the craving of going back to the habit. What can I do to help quell some of these symptoms? All my loved ones in my life (girlfriend, parents, family members) have urged me to stop, and me not stopping has effected some of these relationships, so I know for a fact I need help.  

There are no quick fixes.

Face that which you use weed as a tool to escape from, befriend that, slay that demon.

The numbing is you coping skill. First step is to stop numbing to you can stand face to face with that which you fear. 

This has nothing to do with weed. Any coping skill hold the same problematics, it just shows up at different severety and withdrawl degrees. 

What are you escaping from?

That anxiety is telling you something. Over time it turns more general, grow in strength and is harder to decipher. 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

What is your reason for quitting? Your reason has to be so good that youre willing to go through any hell, a heroin addict is willing to go through horrible withdrawal because he knows that he will probably overdose and die if he doesnt, so whats your reason?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

anxiety, insomnia, discomfort with life. In my case, the solution was to go on a trip by myself in South America without a fixed idea. I left the weed and entered a kind of depression from which I saw no way out. making that trip symbolized a before and after, a break

Edited by Breakingthewall

I had a hard time with quitting weed. One thing you have to consider, over and over, is... what do I gain by quitting? The fact is, people telling you that you should quit (and even telling yourself that) is not enough for us hardcore, addictive personalities. My own "real quit" came naturally, from just noticing (over time) the negative effects that smoking weed had on my life. 

Pay attention to the time wasted sitting on the couch. Pay attention to grocery bills from munchies. Pay attention to the cost of the weed. Pay attention to the anxiety from smoking.

Pay attention to literally everything, and the choice will make itself. Voila.