SQAAD

The Sun Rising Tomorrow is Not an Assumption

76 posts in this topic

Leo said in his last video that ''you assume the sun will rise tomorrow''. I am not sure i understand the meaning behind this statement. But i think this is not an assumption. Because it is based on proof & past experience.  It is similar to aging. You see everyone getting old eventually. So saying that you will get old (if you live enough) is not really an assumption.

You dont how long this particular universe will exist so IT IS an assumption, the universe could explode tommorrow from an unknown outside force. You dont know.  

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@SQAAD your confusion is hiding your fear of death...you don't want to contemplate that the sun might not rise for you tomorrow, because deep down you know that anything is possible in this life...and that it's not guaranteed.

Admit your fear versus trying to debunk the insights from the video.

Edited by Terell Kirby

9 minutes ago, Rilles said:

You dont how long this particular universe will exist so IT IS an assumption, the universe could explode tommorrow from an unknown outside force. You dont know.  

What about "death"? ;)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

If you die tonight, the sun will not rise tomorrow. IT WILL NOT. This universe doesn’t go on without you being conscious of it. So literally, if your not conscious of the sun rising tomorrow, it will not rise. This goes for if you sleep for the next 48 hours too. You would have assumed it rose, and set, whilst you were out, but it didn’t ??‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What about "death"? ;)

:D I remember that thread. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

12 minutes ago, Dazgwny said:

If you die tonight, the sun will not rise tomorrow. IT WILL NOT. This universe doesn’t go on without you being conscious of it. So literally, if your not conscious of the sun rising tomorrow, it will not rise. This goes for if you sleep for the next 48 hours too. You would have assumed it rose, and set, whilst you were out, but it didn’t ??‍♂️

This is just as much of an assumption as the assumption that the sun will rise again. Your assumption here is that there is no material universe that continues to operate without your perception. Well, surprise, both of those are assumptions. Universe, no universe... they're both just beliefs. Words. Leo's words, to be more precise ;)

The sun only rises according to the flat earth model. In the round earth model, the sun is in a static position relative to the earth, which revolves around it while revolving around itself.

So, basically, the sun had not risen even once. How about that? Do you see how subtle assumptions are?

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

15 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

This is just as much of an assumption as the assumption that the sun will rise again. Your assumption here is that there is no material universe that continues to operate without your perception. Well, surprise, both of those are assumptions. Universe, no universe... they're both just beliefs. Words. Leo's words, to be more precise ;)

No. This is verifiable. It doesn’t continue! In a paradoxical way it’s always happening. But the only thing that will be perceiving it is you. If it continues for instance without the finite self that you are, seeing it, then it’s only because You, with a capital Y is seeing it from a different perspective. I.e maybe mine, or @SQAAD ‘s, or Leo’s, or whoever’s. Whatever’s. There’s no rising of the sun if you don’t witness it. Sorry to break that to you but is what it is. Not arsed about Leo’s words when it comes to that. It is what it is. See ya when I be ya???

Edited by Dazgwny

2 minutes ago, Dazgwny said:

No. This is verifiable. It doesn’t continue! In a paradoxical way it’s always happening. But the only thing that will be perceiving it is you. If it continues for instance without the finite self that you are, seeing it, then it’s only because You, with a capital Y is seeing it from a different perspective. I.e maybe mine, or @SQAAD ‘s, or Leo’s, or whoever’s. Whatever’s. There’s no rising of the sun if you don’t witness it. Sorry to break that to you but is what it is. Not arsed about Leo’s words when it comes to that. It is what it is. See ya when I be ya???

It sounds like a nice story, I will grant you that :)

It seems like the people advocating for the sun rising being an assumption are assuming that they haven’t taken their understanding of what assumption is too far ?

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

1 hour ago, OneHandClap said:

It sounds like a nice story, I will grant you that :)

It’s all a story mate. That’s the beauty of it. When u awaken, if you ever have, I’ve no idea if you have or not. Maybe you have. But all’s you’ll find is us, me and you in the exact same place. You’ll laugh at me and I’ll laugh right back at you, as you?. It’s painfully humorous. But again as I always say, I’m not conscious of this now. Next time I am I’ll give you a wave ? haha. As I hope you do me too??. Love ya’s all in that state. In this state, I’m still argumentative and full of shit. Looking forward to the sun rising tomorrow ???

If you've gone deep enough you can see that literally any thought is an assumption.

Even emotions and sensations from the body are assumptions, cause they only reflect what you believe and imagine currently as God.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Because it is based on proof & past experience.

You can't use past events to make absolute statements about future events. This is called "the problem of induction", formulated by David Hume (1711-1776). You can use past events to make probabilistic statements about future events, but not absolute statements. The statement "the sun will rise tomorrow" is therefore only an assumption that is likely to be true.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Dazgwny said:

It’s all a story mate. That’s the beauty of it. When u awaken, if you ever have, I’ve no idea if you have or not. Maybe you have. But all’s you’ll find is us, me and you in the exact same place. You’ll laugh at me and I’ll laugh right back at you, as you?. It’s painfully humorous. But again as I always say, I’m not conscious of this now. Next time I am I’ll give you a wave ? haha. As I hope you do me too??. Love ya’s all in that state. In this state, I’m still argumentative and full of shit. Looking forward to the sun rising tomorrow ???

Hahaha, right back at you. I've had many "oneness" experiences and Godhood terror and all the rest, so no worries there. I just like busting balls. What fun would life be without a little bruising? Love ya. 

@SQAAD

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Leo said in his last video that ''you assume the sun will rise tomorrow''. I am not sure i understand the meaning behind this statement. But i think this is not an assumption. Because it is based on proof & past experience.  It is similar to aging. You see everyone getting old eventually. So saying that you will get old (if you live enough) is not really an assumption.

Definition of assumption:

assumption

noun

a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

"they made certain assumptions about the market"

Similar:

supposition

presupposition

presumption

premise

belief

expectation

conjecture

speculation

surmise

guess

theory

hypothesis

postulation

conclusion

deduction

inference

thought

suspicion

notion

impression

fancy

guesswork

guessing

reckoning

guesstimate

the action of taking on power or responsibility.

"the assumption of an active role in regional settlements"

Similar:

acceptance

shouldering

handling

managing

tackling

taking on

Read the above carefully, and contemplate what is an assumption, and the similar ideas to it, and maybe also it's opposite, for a week or a month until your confusion settles down. If you are confused, that's ok. The claim he made came from a list of examples that are a mix of metaphysical and practical implications for how assumptions effect reality and have real world consequences. If you don't have similar experiences to Leo, or a level of intuition he has, most of those epistemic and metaphysical claims will be confusing at first.

I like the second definition, it has a lot of practical value and hints at how assumptions are also survival, you take on action and responsibility, regardless of how much or how little you know of the situation beforehand. 

Edited by Danioover9000

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Because it is based on proof & past experience.

That only improves your chances of being right. Anything not happening right now in front of your eyes is an assumption.

All stories and explanations are false.

Dude it is straight up an assumption lmfao. It's even an assumption that if you drop something it will fall.

These are called extremely well educated guesses. If something's happened 10000 times before, to think it will again is a VERY safe bet in many cases.

But it is an assumption to at least some degree. Always.