Spideymon77

You Can Overcome Mental Illness

3 posts in this topic

This was originally going to be a reply to someone but I decided to make it a full blown post.

I was first diagnosed with Schizophrenia which later changed to Bipolar Disorder with psychotic symptoms or whatever they call it. I didn't believe that I had Bipolar Disorder and I was angry because I wasn't seeing any of the symptoms happening to me. However, if you examine your emotions during an episode you can really see your diagnosis in full throttle. Although it was hard, I managed to recognize all the emotions I was having during one of my most recent episodes and became convinced of my Bipolar Disorder diagnosis. I believed I was going to go to prison because of unforeseen circumstances and I felt all the emotions I possibly could. Sadness, anger, depression, peacefulness, happiness, jealousy, and probably more. It really grounded me to recognize my emotions were more of a Bipolar nature and instead of feeling one, two, or three emotions during the episode, I felt more than a handful in the span of 30 minutes or so.

I read the symptoms of Bipolar Disorder now and I'm left speechless. I have at least 90% of the symptoms.

It's not easy to just tell yourself "you're not actually going to prison tomorrow" when you are fully convinced that you're going to prison. Because of this, you feel spiritually devastated. With enough practice, you can become one with the present moment and let go of these manic thoughts simply because it's not happening. The only thing that's happening is the present moment. All of your ideas about the future are meaningless. There is nothing to look forward to. Time doesn't even fucking exist. I was blown away once the veil of time was lifted from my eyes. I had no idea that the veil even existed.

It's a lot of hard work and it may feel like a total waste of time or that you're not ready, but there's a good reason you're here. You're here to discover your true nature. You're here to discover that you are God.

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion." - Parabola by Tool