Raze

Huma Abedin says she was sexually assaulted by a US Senator

13 posts in this topic

In her forthcoming book, Huma Abedin — Hilary Clinton’s longtime close aide and the ex-wife of former representative and convicted sex offender Anthony Weiner — writes about an incident in which she alleges a U.S. Senator sexually assaulted her. Per The Guardian, Abedin says she attended a dinner with “a few senators and their aides,” not including Clinton, sometime in the early 2000s. “I ended up walking out with one of the senators, and soon we stopped in front of his building and he invited me in for coffee,” Abedin writes in Both/And: A Life in Many Worlds, which comes out November 2. “Once inside, he told me to make myself comfortable on the couch.” Abedin claims the senator then took off his blazer, rolling up his sleeves as he made coffee and they continued to talk.

“Then, in an instant, it all changed,” Abedin recalls. “He plopped down to my right, put his left arm around my shoulder, and kissed me, pushing his tongue into my mouth, pressing me back on the sofa.” She says that she was “utterly shocked” and “pushed him away,” adding, “All I wanted was for the last 10 seconds to be erased.” Abedin says the senator seemed taken aback but did apologize, saying he had “misread” her “all this time.” She was contemplating how to leave “without this ending badly” when the senator asked if she wanted to stay. “Then,” she writes, “I said something only the twentysomething version of me would have come up with – ‘I am so sorry’ – and walked out, trying to appear as nonchalant as possible.” Abedin says she soon “buried the incident” with the senator, wanting to forget and erase the memory from her mind “entirely.”

https://www.thecut.com/2021/10/huma-abedin-sexually-assaulted-by-us-senator.html

That's what happens when you don't learn proper physical escalation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Sounds more like an "autistic male" action rather than a malicious assault. Maybe he was a big-shot senator that normally gets all the girls so he doesn't register properly when girls are not into him. Like good-looking rich and famous people that end up raping. But again the guy apologized and backed down after the kiss and after the clear protest of the women. The situation is of course highly unfortunate and uncomfortable but is it really that traumatic for the women?  (genuinely asking)

More like an akward kiss. Sexual assault would have been if he kept going against her will. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

This world really scares me

People will make sexual mistakes with one another.

Not everything needs to be considered assault.

Isn't inviting someone in for Coffee sexual innuendo? 

I understand he didn't ask for consent and everything. It's a difficult situation. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

11 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

This world really scares me

People will make sexual mistakes with one another.

Not everything needs to be considered assault.

Isn't inviting someone in for Coffee sexual innuendo? 

I understand he didn't ask for consent and everything. It's a difficult situation. 

It also puts everyone in the same category, Harvey Weinstein and a man who kisses someone who didnt expect it are miles apart. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Thought Art  Dude... 

That's not a healthy attitude for living life.

Nobody owes you love nor do you want to be (overly)dependent on others for love. First and foremost love needs to come from you, build love for yourself and for your life (I recommend spiritual practice/psychedelics and discovering some passions). 

Women are not some vindictive fragile feathers, they will not destroy your life because you touched them in an uncalibrated "autistic" way. Just don't grab them by the pussy(;

@Vrubel Good recommendations. That isn't the problem.

The problem is being socially ostracized and having my career ruined over something. I don't think this will happen but I feel it as a deep fear. 

It's just a fear I have.  I love myself, but I am also not willing to stick around being some hated person. I don't need to waste time in this life doing crappy things.

I am here to love and spread love. But, I am still early and overcoming the fears of becoming successful. 

This fear isn't just around sex, but anything people cancel people for. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art

3 hours ago, Thought Art said:

The problem is being socially ostracized and having my career ruined over something. I don't think this will happen but I feel it as a deep fear. 

The fear of being socially ostracized is very common and even universal. It's our primate programming. Though you must see that it's highly irrational and out of touch with 21st-century life. We envolved living in small herds and tribes but now live in cities with endless people and complex social structures that are generally forgiving and not giving a shit about you. For example, approaching a girl in cavemen times could have gotten you killed, ostracized, or result in you being perceived in a damning way. Now that possibility is pretty much non-existent though the fear programming is still there.

Your fear of being canceled and having your career destroyed is even more irrational. F*ck those people that want you to fall in line with their worldview. Whether it's politically correct snot, pressures to repress your sexuality, some crusade of contempt or ideology. Be you. Learn to respect your own worldview and values. Stand up for what you believe in, be edgy, be polarizing. Express your self with honesty and fully within your integrity. That's not opposed to being open and introspective but is a prerequisite for personal development. 

Society is hell but you are a man, you carve your own path trough life, fearlessly, authentically and independently. You lead the way!

Men take risks, men fight wars, men get injured and men die. That's what a man does. 

If you get cancelled for stating something you believe in, so let it be. you're a man.  

Edited by Vrubel

@Vrubel I am not going to quit. I am a person of honesty and integrity and I am here to serve others. 

If I fail, I will try again.

◭"89"

You shouldn't be doing this type of thing period in a work environment. This isn't just some awkward kiss, it's a violation of professional boundaries. 

And lets' not label this type of thing as "autistic male behavior." I know people with autism and while they maybe a little awkward, they still get basic empathy, social conventions, and boundaries.  

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

I think inviting someone over coffee is okay. I wouldn't normally consider it to be something romantic or sexual. Maybe I'm low in picking social cues. But If someone invited me over coffee I would simply consider it as a friendly gesture for some friendly discussion, nothing more than that. 

If someone said something romantic, I would let them know that I have no such intention. 

I think Huma probably thought the same way. She didn't think too deep about it and simply went along not realizing what he had in mind. This is where I think clear boundaries are needed. It's not okay to violate someone's feelings. He could have asked her for a kiss instead of forcing it on her. She was clearly surprised and taken by shock. 

She didn't have to suffer needlessly. I think the guy learned his lesson and probably won't do that again. 

Personal opinion - I get this itchy feeling that this man could be in a higher position where he constantly feels like he doesn't need to ask a female out, like Trump, he thinks he can simply get away with it because he is in a higher position so the power dynamics are at play, just my hunch. Generally such scenarios are typically found with men who are Trump-like and tend to automatically assume they can get their hands on a woman in a subordinate position and she won't mind. And often the women stay silent out of fear. And sometimes a woman speaks out and it backfires big time. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's what happens when you don't learn proper physical escalation.

Someone get this guy on some RSD videos :P