Tanz

Animal Testing Ethics?

12 posts in this topic

Fauci, the US government, and science has been torchering dogs in the name of science, what are your thoughts on the ethics of "science"
Human life has been enhanced in the name of experiments that are morally ambiguous.  I'm a dog person so I'm horrified but mice and rats I don't have the same emotional charge.  Could this pandemic just be karma? despite of the billionaires have multiplied their wealth.  

What about vegans that support medical science?

Edited by Tanz

well obviously it's f'd up what they do to rats and also primates etc.

generally i'd like it to stop

but then let's say you have a child or a sibling who has a disease which can be cured because of animal testing/experiments then you'd probably be very thankful for said medication/treatment

i guess we're stuck with it 

also i eat meat 

It's very inhumane to the animals, but it's also inhumane to the diseases it hopes to solve -- great for humanity, it seems. It's a double-edged sword, of course.

Edited by The0Self

4 hours ago, cookiemonster said:

????

Why?

Thats a good question.... I was thinking it should be a law against this type of treatment to dogs and furthermore, whatever products we consume, there should be a disclaimer on what kind of experiments were conducted to produce it so it is "safe" for us to take.  

Washington Post and other legitimate news sources covered the story with the puppies so it probably isn't fake news that puppies are being tested on.  

"drug beagles & lock their heads in mesh cages filled with hungry sand flies"

I reject this. There's no possible way that this can be true, unless God decided to create/incarnate into Beagles doomed to be eaten by sandflies.

It's not impossible. But, meh, I'm sure God is like.... I could have done this on PS1.

Tell me this is true, and I will fight you with all kinds of sorcery and magic, and you'll know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

1 hour ago, cookiemonster said:

I reject this. There's no possible way that this can be true, unless God decided to create/incarnate into Beagles doomed to be eaten by sandflies.

When there is an area in our lives that we are not empowered in, someone else takes power in ways we are unaware of.  They act out of evil for us.

On 27/10/2021 at 10:49 PM, cookiemonster said:

Fake news. 

"The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said that it did not fund one of the studies, which produced widely circulated photos showing dogs’ heads in mesh cages full of sand flies. The journal that published the study that erroneously claimed support from the NIAID has since issued a correction. So, the claims that Fauci funded a study that sedated and let beagles get eaten alive by flies are inaccurate."

https://www.politifact.com/article/2021/oct/28/unpacking-noise-around-dr-anthony-fauci-and-beagle/

4 minutes ago, Opo said:

Fake news. 

"The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said that it did not fund one of the studies, which produced widely circulated photos showing dogs’ heads in mesh cages full of sand flies. The journal that published the study that erroneously claimed support from the NIAID has since issued a correction. So, the claims that Fauci funded a study that sedated and let beagles get eaten alive by flies are inaccurate."

https://www.politifact.com/article/2021/oct/28/unpacking-noise-around-dr-anthony-fauci-and-beagle/

I mean... I was more concerned about the fate of the beagles, not so much about whether Fauci was funding it.

55 minutes ago, cookiemonster said:

I mean... I was more concerned about the fate of the beagles, not so much about whether Fauci was funding it.

I think that picture is them letting insects transfer some virus to beagles. 

So they are probably ded.