SQAAD

Conor McGregor: A Cautionary Tale

23 posts in this topic

I have been watching mma a decade now and i have noticed many different patterns. Conor McGregor is a great example of what happens when you are underdeveloped psychologically and suddenly you get tons of fame, money and power. His huge ego is part of his success but it will also be his demise. He is not gonna have a good end for sure. Unless he changes his old ways. 

He has attacked a grandpa at a bar for not accepting his drink. And few days ago he apparently punched a DJ in the face. This is a great video of Conor's psychology and his huge narcissism.

Edited by SQAAD

Every rockstar in history.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Tim R

4 hours ago, Tim R said:

Stage Red Examples Mega Thread? ?

He is not stage Red. He is deep Orange.

5 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Tim R

You can be both. Its a mix.

A CEO who throws pencils at employees and yells at them I would consider having alot of Red.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

8 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Tim R

Logic bro wouldn't go around punching people. 

I haven't watched the video, but Mike Tyson's example comes to mind. He was also unhinged in his younger days, and now he's completely different - the 5meo trips helped ;)

So there's still and always time to turn things around. It could go both ways.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Opo

8 hours ago, Opo said:

Logic bro wouldn't go around punching people. 

I tend to disagree. Hitting someone in the face is pretty logical at times. X causes me lots of suffering. I hit X. Suffering goes away. It's not the best most sophisticated solution. But it has a logic behind it for sure.

Sometimes you get so hurt by another person, that the quickest solution to get rid of the pain, is to hurt them back. The hard solution is to work through it the next days. Many people would choose the quick solution rather than suffering through an insult for days or weeks. It's a torture for most people to suffer through an insult without attacking the other person verbally or physically.

Edited by SQAAD

28 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Opo

I tend to disagree. Hitting someone in the face is pretty logical at times. X causes me lots of suffering. I hit X. Suffering goes away. It's not the best most sophisticated solution. But it has a logic behind it for sure.

Sometimes you get so hurt by another person, that the quickest solution to get rid of the pain, is to hurt them back. The hard solution is to work through it the next days. Many people would choose the quick solution rather than suffering through an insult for days or weeks. It's a torture for most people to suffer through an insult without attacking the other person verbally or physically.

What I meant is that orange people can see the consequences of punching someone and it's usually not worth it. 

What you described is red. 

Doesn't mean it's bad it's just less emotionally mature. 

34 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Opo

I have never punched a person in my entire life, guess I am pretty illogical.

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

Or weak. ;)

2 minutes ago, Opo said:

Or weak. ;)

The strong thing to do is to not punch someone even though you hate their guts. That means you have a certain distance from your emotions, you are not impulsive, Conor is clearly impulsive if he goes around beating people up.

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

The strong thing to do is to not punch someone even though you hate their guts. That means you have a certain distance from your emotions, you are not impulsive, Conor is clearly impulsive if he goes around beating people up.

Of course, but when you're a kid you usually don't do the strong thing. 

Just now, Opo said:

Of course, but when you're a kid you usually don't do the strong thing. 

Because kids havent learned emotional regulation. What are we even discussing anymore lmao.

@Opo

10 hours ago, Opo said:

What I meant is that orange people can see the consequences of punching someone and it's usually not worth it. 

What you described is red. 

Doesn't mean it's bad it's just less emotionally mature. 

I don't know if its red or something else. I see many stage green anarchists attacking fascists in my country. There are stage green people who would even murder people for a greater cause.

You have to also consider that someone might be stage orange or green, but not have much prefrontal cortex control for whatever reasons. Especially an older person. So he can be prone to doing stupid shit.

Edited by SQAAD

@Rilles

10 hours ago, Rilles said:

No, you just grew up in a good comfortable environment & you didn't get physically bullied at school. Your parents didn't abuse you that much. And thats it. If you were constantly getting slapped at school by others, you would probably start punching someone in the face, so others don't mess up with you no more.

Edited by SQAAD

1 minute ago, SQAAD said:

@Rilles

No, you just grew up in a good comfortable environment & you didn't get physically bullied at school. Your parents didn't abuse you that much. And thats it. If you were constantly getting slapped at school by others, you would probably start punching someone in the face, so others don't mess up with you no more.

Quite alot of assumptions about me there, have you watched Leos new episode, its perfect for you!

@Rilles

12 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Quite alot of assumptions about me there, have you watched Leos new episode, its perfect for you!

xD Lol  these assumptions are based on my life experience. I personally have suffered from bullying when i was younger. And have witnessed how other kids became aggressive, including myself.

Once i began punching some bullies, they stopped messing with me. 

We all have this animal inside us and are always willing to hurt someone else if needed. Violence is part of our DNA. All it takes it some terrible events and reaching a breaking point.

Edited by SQAAD

17 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Rilles

xD Lol  these assumptions are based on my life experience. I personally have suffered from bullying when i was younger. And have witnessed how other kids became aggressive, including myself.

Once i began punching some bullies, they stopped messing with me. 

We all have this animal inside us and are always willing to hurt someone else if needed. Violence is part of our DNA. All it takes it some terrible events and reaching a breaking point.

Not everyone will hurt someone despite how pushed to the limit they are, have you seen Squid Game, some people just arent made for survival and get squished like a bug when push comes to shove. I would probably be the first to die if a plane crash in an isolated place lol. It all depends on how well you have learned to be a good boy and how socialized you are. If you grew up in a place where violence was encouraged/normalized you are more likely to be okay with it. I saw alot of domestic violence as a child that hurt my family and it taught emotionally me to never want to throw a punch so for me it was the opposite of encouraged since it hurt the ones I loved.

Edited by Rilles

@Rilles

12 hours ago, Rilles said:

Not everyone will hurt someone despite how pushed to the limit they are, 

I agree with that. I have seen that also. For me what did the trick were some movies i've watched as a child. I remember watching a 50cent movie. Where 50 got bullied by some bigger kid, and attacked back. That made me change my ways in some weird way. Also i suffered a LOT from letting someone else abuse me. I developed the mindset to not let anyone fk with me because otherwise i will suffer a lot.