Holygrail

i just randomly doze off and stop thinking, what is this?

13 posts in this topic

in a way, it feels good because it feels kinda euphoric, but it scares me and im constantly trying to avoid this because it makes me feel like im losing my mind or as if my mind is broken. Some people even tell me that i seem hyper aware because im trying to avoid dozing off and shutting off my mind... what do you think this is? depression?

You're definitely not broken. The mind does all kinds of weird things. What does it feel like when you stop thinking? Maybe it would help to write about it? 

"You Create Magic" 

Dissociation. Dissociation ranges on a scale from 'dozing off' or 'zoning out' all the way to complete dissociation from experience like a 'black out' you get when you reach a certain level of drunk. 

It happens to me sometimes when I'm tired or doing something boring or monotonous. Doesn't happen much anymore though, probably because I am not involved in such activities now. It almost seems like a way of tuning out of reality in order to save yourself the pain of doing something boring or annoying.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

6 hours ago, Gianna said:

Dissociation. Dissociation ranges on a scale from 'dozing off' or 'zoning out' all the way to complete dissociation from experience like a 'black out' you get when you reach a certain level of drunk. 

damn, finally a word for this, im going to look more into it, thanks!

7 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

You're definitely not broken. The mind does all kinds of weird things. What does it feel like when you stop thinking? Maybe it would help to write about it? 

i agree that the mind does weird things and its probably a lot more common than i think it is. It sorta feels like my mind is just resting because i do tend to overthink a lot and maybe its the minds way of processing my thoughts or resting from all the thinking since it feels enjoyable when i doze off. Journaling would probably help me a lot, I will be trying it thanks..

Edited by Holygrail

5 hours ago, Osaid said:

It happens to me sometimes when I'm tired or doing something boring or monotonous. Doesn't happen much anymore though, probably because I am not involved in such activities now. It almost seems like a way of tuning out of reality in order to save yourself the pain of doing something boring or annoying.

I think i have ptsd which is why my mind like to dissociate and "rest" from my stress at times.

Narcolepsy? I dont quite understand your post.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Put meditation and or conscious breathing breaks into your routine. The body will resort to less pleasant tactics when you don't give it what it needs. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Are you sleeping enough?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Add/Adhd ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

16 hours ago, Holygrail said:

damn, finally a word for this, im going to look more into it, thanks!

:x:x let us know what you find!! I would love it if you made a thread on it with your findings and contemplations related to PTSD! I think it would be super helpful for those of us with ptsd.