Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monkey_in_suit

Digestion problems when trying to maintain or gain weight

2 posts in this topic

I am trying to gain weight eating healthy but I still have problem with mushy and painful stool, felling bloated and going to toilet multipule times per day. I try to eat 3000 calories per day.

This problems are only reduced when I eat less calories, something like 1000-2000 per day and I was doing that last 18 months because I was tired of dealing with all kind of digestion problems but ofc that meant that I started to loss weight drasticly and I lost 16kg in last 18 months and now I have only 69 kg and I am 190 cm tall.

And here we are in situation where I don't really like how I look but gaining weight is really painful.

It's worth to mention that my health problems were reduced but not totally gone when I was eating less. I would still have problems here and there.

And interesting thing was that last summer I took vacation and I didn't work for few months and I was eating unhealthy but my digestion was better compared to  when I was eating healthy. As I have really stressful job it made me think that stress is main reason for my problems but it's still hard to believe to me that it's only reason.

Any advice would be helpful.

The "painful" bit is something you should probably have investigated. The first line of your treatment should be to get an appointment with a generalist and ideally get a referral to a gastroenterologist. You may need some testing & investigation. That diarrhoea could be down to many things. 

A rapid weight loss like that is probably also something that should be mentioned.

Please speak to your doc and see what tests they would be willing to do. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus