siasatmadar

Is it worth it to pay 1k to be coached?

4 posts in this topic

I'm struggling with finding a girlfriend and I lack experience with girls in general. I want to take a 3-month online coaching with a guy for fixing my dating life which costs 1000$. But I'm afraid of spending that much money. Any thoughts?

How is your self esteem and overall self image? How conscious would you say you are about yourself, past, beliefs and emotions? I ask his because the money may be better put towards working with a therapist, joining a men's group or working with a life coach. Basically putting the money towards raising your self esteem and consciousness about yourself rather than practicing practical, raw techniques. The pick up industry prays off guys like this because they have deeper issues they need to sort first, and then the practical stuff just sort of works itself out on it's own or with watching a youtube video or two or having a chit chat with a guy friend. Pick up stuff can become a bandaid for a much deeper issue. What kind of coach you are looking to see exactly? What are their ideologies and world view and beliefs about women? Be careful not to fall into this trap. They may have some sort of red pill dogma that will stunt your growth. How conscious or holistic is this person's approach? I can only speak from my experience but I put some money towards pick up products several years ago but it totally wasn't what I needed to get good with women. It did very little to help me. It was a necessary stepping stone so to speak. You will learn a few things about yourself and women here and there, but it's unlikely huge / radical changes will come about. They could though, I don't know you. You know yourself best. I realize there are potentially very different paths than mine. I can't say focusing on pick up is what got me to where I am today. I can see it was an important first step so to speak though. You may be able to take these firsts steps without spending so much money. There is a ton of free content and @Leo Gura made a thread for finding guys you can practice with. Pick up isn't all bad and there are some genuinely holistic and conscious coaches out there but you have to be very carful cause there are some incredibly hard traps to get out of going down this path as well (see video bellow). 

Edited by Lyubov

It's more than worth it. You'll get skills that you will wish you paid more.

Maybe you can find something cheaper. I would just go with my intuition. I mean it got you this far...

@siasatmadar It depends on the guy that will train you, 1000 bucks is not even that much money. 

Going to a therapist or life coach is fine if that's the route you want to choose, however, you will not learn how to pick up women by going to a therapist, you will learn how to pick up women by picking up women, just like you learned how to ride a bike by riding the bike. 

Very logical, right? Exactly.

Edited by Harlen Kelly