Vido

Please recommend Books on chakra and energy

8 posts in this topic

Apart from books from Leo's list, is there any other book you guys know which helps in understanding and manipulating energy?

I feel stuff in my body and want to understand and master it.

Any help will be highly appreciated 

This is not a book but an excellent resource for energies and chakras. Sign up on Sadhguru Exclusive, it's a minimal fee.

After that watch the three different series called "Prana", "Chakras" and "Enlightened An Inside Story".

He goes really in depth into these topics and you can't really find this info anywhere else in his books or YouTube videos.

The videos on that platform are from intimate meetings he had with close groups many decades ago.

Edited by Chi_

Tara Springett - I haven't read her books yet but have seen her mentioned on this forum before 

Here's an interview 

I suggest reading the source materials.  Most modern treatise on the subject do not square with the original texts, which are freely available.  I recommend such works as the following, in no particular order:

Hatha Yoga Pradipika

Siva Samhita

Yoga Bija

Dattatreya Yoga Sastra

Goraksasataka

Hatha Ratnavali

Gheranda Samhita

...and the Yoga Upanishads

The goal is not actually to master prana or chakras, which does happen in due course to some degree or another, but to dissolve them.  If your only interest is mastery, then the process would look no different from what is generally taken for self-development.  Eat a proper diet, exercise, develop a positive mindset, and avoid harming others.  If you are seeking enlightenment, then all of this must be transcended, but not necessarily excluded.

16 hours ago, Trayambakam said:

Tara Springett - I haven't read her books yet but have seen her mentioned on this forum before 

Here's an interview 

I actually read her works! Nice recommendation!

On 10/25/2021 at 6:17 PM, Shambhu said:

I suggest reading the source materials.  Most modern treatise on the subject do not square with the original texts, which are freely available.  I recommend such works as the following, in no particular order:

Hatha Yoga Pradipika

Siva Samhita

Yoga Bija

Dattatreya Yoga Sastra

Goraksasataka

Hatha Ratnavali

Gheranda Samhita

...and the Yoga Upanishads

These are great resources! I have read a few and they go into great depth. I do however recommend not to practice anything out of books. They are very potent stuff, dont wanna do it incorrectly and screw up anything energetically.

11 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

These are great resources! I have read a few and they go into great depth. I do however recommend not to practice anything out of books. They are very potent stuff, dont wanna do it incorrectly and screw up anything energetically.

@Chi_ I agree; the practices should only be performed under the guidance of an experienced and knowledgeable teacher.  While these texts are invaluable, they are not complete, or at least not completely explicit.  Much of the information needed for practice is only revealed "behind closed doors" as part of the oral tradition or the language used is coded so that it must be explained by the teacher.

On 26/10/2021 at 11:47 PM, Shambhu said:

@Chi_ I agree; the practices should only be performed under the guidance of an experienced and knowledgeable teacher.  While these texts are invaluable, they are not complete, or at least not completely explicit.  Much of the information needed for practice is only revealed "behind closed doors" as part of the oral tradition or the language used is coded so that it must be explained by the teacher.

Precisely, yes!