WokeBloke

Need Some Advice

11 posts in this topic

Been thinking about the Descartes's Demon problem for a while. Trying to prove to myself that I am the source of my body's actions. I still continue to generate this idea that my experience could be generated by a malicious God. Essentially the thought is I am not in control of my body but rather I am being controlled by an outside force. Just want to hear your thoughts on this. Hopefully it will help me think about it more deeply.

@WokeBloke

What’s one of your favorite things to drink? And eat? What’s your favorite place to go? Notice a reaction arising to answer but don’t. Relax, and respond instead with something completely unrelated. 

You can do that. Nothing else can do that. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

All those things you described are things (per definition if they can be described). The nature of absolute truth is that it is true by it’s own accord, and not like relative truth, which is a causal set of different parts interacting in some “true” way. In your case the demon, the world and “you”. 

The matrix analogy is a better analogy to describe it which basically works the same. What im trying to say is even if the matrix were true, you are now living a simulation, in the absolute sense the world would be just as real as if it were not the matrix. Absolute truth is by definition infinite formlessness. All structure to reality is ultimately content because structure and content is duality.  Its just a matter of zooming out or in. This means the demon could never be the ultimate structure to reality because the structure of reality is structurelessness.

I think grounding yourself in bodily sensations could help you in the short term.

Wouldn’t the possibility that Jesus Christ is the one operating things be just as plausible as a demon btw? Maybe you’re an angel spiritually blessing all of existence with radiant love forever no matter what experience you’re having. Do you see where I’m going? What you don’t know is simply not known. Rely on direct experience to know what’s going on, and realize that even direct experience itself doesn’t explain itself fully or mean you 100% understand what’s going on. 

You’re going to have to make peace with the unknown at some point. Even a legit enlightened person has more unknown things in life than known things. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

19 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@WokeBloke

What’s one of your favorite things to drink? And eat? What’s your favorite place to go? Notice a reaction arising to answer but don’t. Relax, and respond instead with something completely unrelated. 

You can do that. Nothing else can do that. 

But maybe the devil is giving me the illusion that I can change my mind :o

Also, if the demon theory would be true, what would be true for the demon? Would the demon be deceiving itself by creating a soul to deceive a world for? Would the life of the demon be a lie or not? Why wouldn’t the demon care for whether any other higher level entity was imagining the demons reality in the same way as the demon is imagining the soul?

Edited by Intense

26 minutes ago, Intense said:

Also, if the demon theory would be true, what would be true for the demon? Would the demon be deceiving itself by creating a soul to deceive a world for? Would the life of the demon be a lie or not? Why wouldn’t the demon care for whether any other higher level entity was imagining the demons reality in the same way as the demon is imagining the soul?

Well from my perspective I have no idea what the demon is doing since it would be infinitely more powerful than me and I only have my own experience that it is creating for me. Presumably it would care about not being controlled by a higher God. 

6 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Well from my perspective I have no idea what the demon is doing since it would be infinitely more powerful than me and I only have my own experience that it is creating for me. Presumably it would care about not being controlled by a higher God. 

I am the demon.

@WokeBloke Experience can be contextualized and recontextualized to a crazy degree. I think you would want to awaken to some truths about reality, god, consciousness to answer this question confidently and certainly.

In the mean time, you can consider the perspective, does it matter if that is the case? What has changed? If you can't prove or experience the difference between living under the control of a demon and living under your own control, does it matter? Perhaps if there is any difference or change it could clue you in to what is the truth. You could also maybe use Occam's Razor to cut out "out-there" hypotheses that could be much more simply explained.

Edited by AlphaAbundance

13 minutes ago, Intense said:

I am the demon.

Now what?

Is it the demon or your own mind creating these undesired feelings?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"