HypnoticMagician

Meditation done properly for all sort of handicaps

15 posts in this topic

Whatever problem you have, there are necessarily a cure for it. When it comes to mental illnesses, I believe most of them are not so related to genetics apart from obviously pretty genetic disorders like down syndrome or autism. If you examine the mentally sick people carefully enough, most of them loose their mind at a later stage of their life. Be it in puberty or in adulthood, or even at older ages, they were all born happy when they were kids. So most probably, something wrong happened during the process of growth. I don't mean basic growth babies go through by the way. Learning continues until you die. It is very likely that something that mustn't happen happened to you or you yourself did something else wrong you are not aware of, which caused you to set up various wrong connections or dopamin addictions in your brain. First of all, you need to increase your awareness regarding those wrong habits. Once you reach this kind of a awareness, the next step is focusing on the solution. After that, you need to take good care of your heath. Most basic brain disorders consist of distorted dopamin receptors and inflammation. If you masturbate a lot or have sex regularly, do yourself a favor and stop indulging in such activities completely. If you smoke, stop smoking( Of course, easier said than done except that you have such a thing as willpower. Make good use of it. Once upon a time, I too was where you are coming from but finally got out of this situation -at least, I am about to, very close to eventually getting rid of all of my unnecessary thinking patterns. I started to be able to pick up a good book and finish it cover to cover ). Dopamin addiction also bidirectionally makes those unnecessary connections stronger. So do not hesitate to target most basic part of the problem. After that comes the issue of inflammations. Inflammation inside your brain may slow down the communication between your neurons which yields to things like depression or slow wit. To reduce inflammation I highly recommend that you do intermittent fasting. What else? What about the connections unrelated to sex or food addiction? Maybe certain traumas, accidental negative thinking which transformed into obsession. What are you gonna do for these? I highly recommend meditation.Make it a daily habit. Meditate, at least, one hour a day. Half hour non-reactive meditation and half hour concentration exercise. Let me explain what each of them means.

In non-reactive meditation, you'll carefully observe your thoughts without reacting to them. As soon as you recognize your mind is trying to understand something or find a solution to a problem, gently stop the thought and keep watching your thoughts. Each time you notice an interesting subject or extremely distressing thought, resist the temptation to engage in these thoughts. This way, you'll have weaken those unnecessary connections even if you haven't completely severed those connections.

Now, I assume you have learnt to not be affected by the wrong programming in your subconscious mind.
At this stage after that, you have already succeeded the pretty essential part of the mental development process. You'll be more present. You'll be able to use your prefrontal cortex responsible for your conscious thinking skill much better since you will have learnt to not engage in irrelevant automatized thinking patterns.

Let's pass to the concentration exercise. Since you have already weakened those not-so-needed associations,
now, we can pass to truly pruning these. In concentration meditation, you'll simply say "beep" from your mind each time a thought appears inside your mind to cease it completely. You can also pinch yourself to stop the thought. Since your brain is more receptive to pain, this will increase your presence. This will truly teach you to pay attention to Now instead of a lot of worrying or fantasizing without taking initiative at all.

This way, you are constantly disabling your brain's default networking mode. What is the brain's default networking mode for? It is just random chattering which usually makes no sense. It was given to us, to regularly use the previously learned information or algorithms(known steps leading to the solutions we face) without having to think consciously. Quite automatic. Still serves a purpose yet our mind is not all about it. It is usually comprised of the track of your previous thinking. And it is very dangerous if you program it wrong either deliberately or due to the things you can't control that befall you. Do these exercises regularly, you'll recover. Your brain's default networking mode will end up closing down. Thus, you'll decide which predefined algorithm you will use with your conscious mind as if yourself have put it with your hand. You can program your subconscious mind faster and more easily instead of constantly having to rely on automatic thoughts that serve no purpose. Your subconscious mind will be the servant of your conscious mind instead of the other way around.

And final warning : You will necessarily have setbacks from time to time. This is pretty normal. Just do not give up. And keep trying different methods the times when you understand that the systems you are using do not work anymore. As Albert Einstein said, definition of insanity : doing same things over and over and expecting different results. Hope this helps Wink

Note : This is a post I have already written. I just don't want to constantly have to talk about the same subject over and over so thought it would be a good idea to open a separate topic regarding that. I need to be able to refer people to the same article with a more regular format which I will also constantly edit and share my new findings.

Do you have some examples of illnesses you think are not as genetic as people think? In my experience with bipolar disorder, it’s known to have a large genetic component. Spiritual progress has both helped it and made it worse in many cases for me. Overall,  spiritual practice has made it mostly worse from the eyes of others who do not understand spirituality and even for some who do, and from my perspective spiritual practice has made it much better although my life is more unstable in a sense than when I started. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

On 10/25/2021 at 10:53 AM, BipolarGrowth said:

from my perspective spiritual practice has made it much better although my life is more unstable in a sense than when I started. 

More unstable how? I kinda feel the same way. ?

6 hours ago, Adodd said:

More unstable how? I kinda feel the same way. ?

It has triggered many manic episodes and some deep depressive episodes. My bipolar disorder basically flipped on hardcore after I started meditating, doing psychedelics, and studying spirituality. I already had been diagnosed and had multiple episodes, but the episodes became stronger and more frequent once I was spiritually focused. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

@BipolarGrowth Do you chalk that up to a sort of ego backlash? I THINK that's what is contributing to my similar issues.

I'm sorry that's how it's been working out for you man.

On 24.10.2021 at 11:03 PM, HypnoticMagician said:

If you examine the mentally sick people carefully enough, most of them loose their mind at a later stage of their life. Be it in puberty or in adulthood, or even at older ages, they were all born happy when they were kids. So most probably, something wrong happened during the process of growth.

So you're saying if you push a ball a certain way, it will fall a certain way. What if not all balls are the same? Does a balloon fall like a golf ball?

Let's use me as an example: my dad has bipolar type 1 and my mom is not diagnosed with anything. I could make a good case for my early childhood to early adulthood being much more stressful than my dad's ("stressors"; life event predictors of mental illness), but I didn't get diagnosed with anything, even though I'm supposed to have some of his genes. The vast majority of people with psychotic illnesses get diagnosed before they're 20. Not coincidentally, my life was the most stressful at 20 – my life was shit, but no diagnosis. Now I'm 24 – still no diagnosis.

I'm not going to lie though, I would probably have ended up with something if I kept spiraling down, but I was lucky. Still, my dad's life was not nearly as shit as mine if we look at the presence of stressors. That could just be a reductionist analysis though. Maybe there are some deeply seated traumas that nobody is aware about.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

14 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

My bipolar disorder basically flipped on hardcore after I started meditating, doing psychedelics, and studying spirituality. I already had been diagnosed and had multiple episodes, but the episodes became stronger and more frequent once I was spiritually focused. 

There seems to be a synergistic relationship no doubt. My dad becomes a somewhat holistic thinker when he is manic even though he isn't conventionally "spiritual" (doesn't meditate). He talks about the arbitrary and relative nature of arriving at and deploying interpretative frameworks ("are we actually just drawing connections that don't exist?"), the importance of presence ("being, here, now"), that the knowledge of the world is evolutionary and progressing exponentially etc. ("our kids know so much more than us").

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@BipolarGrowth I dont fully know this fully but your unstability can help you achieve mukti I guess. I was listening to sadhguru and he said in one of his vidoes that you need chaos in your system to achive mukti but that chaos has to be controlled . He said  that the human body is kind of like a prison . If you have control over your body or your prison you will remain trapped in this prison .You need chaos to break the prison . But if you dont have this chaos under control you get manic .

9 hours ago, Adodd said:

@BipolarGrowth Do you chalk that up to a sort of ego backlash? I THINK that's what is contributing to my similar issues.

I'm sorry that's how it's been working out for you man.

It’s rather neurochemical for me although it’s also closely related to the stages of insight. Pretty much everyone experiences what I do to a partial degree if they go deep enough into insight, but I also have an illness factor which amplifies a lot of the process. The arising & passing away and dark night of the soul are especially intense. 

@BipolarGrowth take care man , I would also like to get 500 experiences dont have access to psychedelics now gotta use meditaton for now

Edited by Manas

4 hours ago, Manas said:

@BipolarGrowth take care man , I would also like to get 500 experiences dont have access to psychedelics now gotta use meditaton for now

Best of luck ? This reminded me of an old Vin Diesel movie scene which seems a bit related about getting to 500 fights to be a tough guy lol 

Do you have some examples of illnesses you think are not as genetic as people think? In my experience with bipolar disorder, it’s known to have a large genetic component. Spiritual progress has both helped it and made it worse in many cases for me. Overall,  spiritual practice has made it mostly worse from the eyes of others who do not understand spirituality and even for some who do, and from my perspective spiritual practice has made it much better although my life is more unstable in a sense than when I started. 

I am a person who has used psychedelics and meditation and the spiritual realm (and even some occult methods like tarot cards) to cure and cope with symptoms of a brain anomaly (essentially congenital brain damage). I have a malformed amygdala, hippocampus, medial temporal lobes, and cerebellum, with fused hemispheres and a missing cerebellar vermis. I was lucky to have been born in the functional condition that I was, lucky to have my intellect, because this damage left me with various psychological, emotional, and physical problems. I spent most of my life not knowing the majority of this info (until the age of 19; I am now 21). Ever since, I've been intensely putting in daily neuroplasticity (psychs, meditation, herbs, tarot, and magick have been most helpful for facing blind spots, healing the trauma, and overcoming biological obstacles)

Still, I blame my nurturing far more than my biology for that reason. The problem wasn't that I was born with anything incurable that doomed me. My problem is that we have such a narrow understanding of neuroscience that my neurologist and parents chose to keep this from me over telling me. I agree completely with this guy's thesis. 

Time alone with oneself, any break from the capitalistic rat race, any break from the rigid norm-- this is where windows of intense biological opportunity are unveiled. The level to which a being can analyze itself and become self-aware and harness that as a superpower is surreal. In fact, I am going to eventually make several YouTube videos about my process. Spirituality and esoterica completely change the game of neuroscience and healing.

100% this is because facing a biological blind spot can cause a thrashing backlash from the ego. The truth is that facing these corners of the soul can be brutal. Sometimes, it's only a matter of tragedy plus time. 

1 hour ago, The Rainmaker said:

Time alone with oneself, any break from the capitalistic rat race, any break from the rigid norm-- this is where windows of intense biological opportunity are unveiled. The level to which a being can analyze itself and become self-aware and harness that as a superpower is surreal. In fact, I am going to eventually make several YouTube videos about my process. Spirituality and esoterica completely change the game of neuroscience and healing.

I totally agree. Most people without these tools who have my conditions to a similar level of severity are doing far worse with things such as meaning, purpose, ability to handle intense emotions, and so on. Making YouTube videos on stuff like this is a great way to help others with similar challenges which is quite meaningful work.