Michiryoku

I'm scared of enlightenment

22 posts in this topic

I've heard that enlightenment feels like waking up from a dream. I'm scared that my life will loose meaning once I become enlightened once. I feel like my goals will become meaningless just like my dreams I have in life. Can anyone help me out on this one because I realy want to become enlightened but I dont want to loose meaning in my life.

Edited by Michiryoku

You ever had those dreams where you are conscious that you are dreaming?

Don't those dreams become more enjoyable knowing their true nature?

The way I see it, there is no "end state of enlightenment" bam and you are done.
Its a gradual and Infinite process of self-realization, and everytime you awaken to some
aspect of yourself. One part of you will try to fall asleep, and the other part will try to stay awake.
Its your experience and duty to yourself to integrate every stage and become comfortable with it.

If anything, I would say that "your" life will become more meaningful, the higher/deeper/further you go.
The more conscious you become, the more meaningful things will be.

At the end of the day, its your expereince, if you feel scared, then be with yourself in that state, until you taken
your time to accept, integrate and embrace it.
Time is dualistic, but its as they say: "Time is the healer", maybe in this case, further unfoldment is the healer.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

enlightenment is getting out of jail, to remove your neck strap. the question is not if you want enlightenment, it is: can you live in jail? if you can, you will.

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Michiryoku Are you more likely to discover meaning by hiding from yourself, or by realizing your true identity?

As I see it, the meaning of life is love, and love is who you ultimately are. It is already here, within you, waiting to be realized. There is nothing to fear about love.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

15 hours ago, Michiryoku said:

I've heard that enlightenment feels like waking up from a dream. I'm scared that my life will loose meaning once I become enlightened once. I feel like my goals will become meaningless just like my dreams I have in life. Can anyone help me out on this one because I realy want to become enlightened but I dont want to loose meaning in my life.

18 minutes ago, Michiryoku said:

It sounds cool

Which particular part of what you shared sounds cool?  Seems a little conflicting. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

18 hours ago, Michiryoku said:

Waking up as God means taking back your authority as God.  This is a lot of responsibility.  To know directly that you are creating all of reality also allows you to then go back in play in that creation and create your own meaning.   You are the source of meaning.  See how this works?  But again, with that requires taking back your authority as God.  It seems to me you aren't ready for this yet or you wouldn't be making this thread.  

So for now don't worry about enlightenment..I think right now your focus should be ego development no?  When you are ready for spirituality you will know.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

19 hours ago, Michiryoku said:

It’s ok to be attached. Just know it will continue to lead to suffering in your life.

You can live in comfort while the suffering consumes you (and it will), or you can face your fear and come out of the other side in permanent state of bliss. This path requires you to choose one or the other. There is no judgement in your choice..only Love.

Edited by Terell Kirby

That sounds like a slave fearing freedom. I don't judge you so much since I came from where you are coming from.

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

Which particular part of what you shared sounds cool?  Seems a little conflicting. 

The part where I become god and I realize something other people dont know about. Just a typical stage red/orange/green person

@Michiryoku

Thanks, pretty sure I get what you’re saying, but enlightenment isn’t really like that. That’s just how some market it, but it’s actually very much the opposite. It’s more like everyone else knows all kinds of stuff but you don’t know anything at all. 

Some distinctions which may or may not be helpful… 

What would be the difference between a lucid dream, and there right now not actually being a past, just a believing of arising thoughts (which only ever arise now), that there is a past? Likewise, identity. Maybe the I is much like a dent indeed, something which seems to be there yet is only implied, by what’s around it. An implied id (identification) which is really the whole entity, or, that which appears around.  Maybe the word is straight forward, just as it appears. Heck, maybe all words are.

Meaning in such a case would be the ‘around’, vs being your’s, like a possession which you have and could lose. So, maybe it’s just seen that meaning was never really yours - vs any actual experience of ‘losing meaning’. That other spin imo can be attributed to having been contributed via a mixing of spirituality & marketing (ambition), and not any actuality at all really. Just someone experiencing thought attachment, and a lot of desire & drive. Meaning could even be seen as your creation, as strikingly beautiful really. Maybe that meaning is you, and of course from your perspective it’d be me, being that ‘around’, or simply me-ing. And not a problem at all. Just a misunderstanding, misinterpretation, which became misinformation, via that marketing of ‘I know something you don’t’. Just like a weight loss commercial. 

On the dreams for your life, they’d still be arising as thoughts, and without believing them, they wouldn’t be ‘yours’ per se, wouldn’t be experienced that way anymore, and rather than anything worrisome it’d be the exact opposite. Clarity, freedom to focus on what feels good, aligned, inspires you to create. Also though, with daily morning proper meditation, and a dreamboard, this attachment to & believing thoughts is soon realized by the relinquishing of it (via the practice), and the dreaming. Then there would not necessarily be the having of the thoughts, of the dream… there would instead be the actuality, or, the living of the actual dream, which first arose, as thoughts. That’d be pretty beautiful to, no? Unthinkably, unbelievably brilliant really. 

Maybe to become enlightened is less about enlightenment, and more of a emptying (again, through the practice) of the I which wants it, and what the experience of ‘scared’ really boils down to. Without believing thoughts, just logically speaking it’d be pretty hard, impossible really, to experience ‘I’m scared’. 

I don’t have any way of knowing if this finds you as helpful & pragmatic, or woo woo spiritual crap, but thoughts arose that it could be helpful. 

When the Buddha was asked what he attained in enlightenment, he said nothing. But smiled really, really big. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Michiryoku said:

The part where I become god and I realize something other people dont know about. Just a typical stage red/orange/green person

When you become God, you realize that you never become God xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 10/23/2021 at 7:04 AM, Michiryoku said:

Imagine waking up from a dream but you still have to take part in it. You will lose all sense of meaning for a while, only to then expand and realise existence itself which encapsulates everything is infinitely meaningful equally so to a degree so deep it transcends the very notion of "meaning". What seems so special right now is a mere joke in comparison, yet what you will find will include those things whilst going beyond it.

TITLE: Scared to transition to enlightenment, nonduality, awakening, etc.? (PNSE)

Edited by Raze