Leo Gura

Leo's Practical Guide To Enlightenment

616 posts in this topic

Some of you must also realize that they are not ready YET.

If there is huge functional issue(s) in your life, work on that first.

You might get an awakening experience and totally pissing your life away after that (or maybe you're doing it right now ?),

by simply thinking there is nothing else to do in life than to realize your enlightement.

You would be like these spiritual seekers, chasing experience after experience, doing nothing else from their gifts, not even trying to be a benevolent force (which is very egotistical if you are conscious that you could).

There is a term for these kind of people, junkies.

That's exactly what you're doing right now if you feel you absolutely NEED to be awakened, which is not suprising, since the ego is a infinite void seeking to fill itself (which he cannot).

Don't stop meditating, it has too much health benefit, but stop the search, STOP THE SEARCH,

If your mind isn't rock solid, and if you don't have total independancy in your life, just stop.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin I think most just mingle it with some spiritual stuff in sense of new age movements. Misunderstanding that Enlightenment is for people that are tired of addiction to life. Even when it comes to spirituality and its new age variants.

Then they find out that some have knowledge, true knowledge about enlightenment, and are not satisfied, because they get a mirror in front of their nose that is crystal clear. Of course the mirror gets the blame, not regarding to what they see as the reflection in that very crystal clear mirror, and start trying to break the mirror in stead of changing the source of the reflection.

Enlightenment is for people that are tired of running away from themselves and eventually completely stopped running, remaining in the eye of the storm. You understood this well Shin, I have seen your comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBDIoLi3C4 Ahayah Ashar Ahayah, chant and be free!

The irony is that by telling them to stop the search, it could lead them to it xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

21 minutes ago, Shin said:

The irony is that by telling them to stop the search, it could lead them to it xD

YES! In that case we should motivate them to run faster, and if enlightenment wasn't around the corner, we should advice to run faster, they did not ran hard enough, and at the end of the day they may find enlightenment.

Edited by Aware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBDIoLi3C4 Ahayah Ashar Ahayah, chant and be free!

On 26 december 2016 at 10:16 PM, Leo Gura said:

The essence of you is Shiva

I doubt this. Where did you get this information?... Maybe I do not have my information right on this case, however, that which I know so far, its in the case of Shiva, that Shiva is the end of you, the destruction of you. Essence of you is Vishnu. The supporter (Awareness), and Brahman is everything. Or I do have my information right, and Leo has an update now.

2 hours ago, Aware said:

I doubt this. Where did you get this information?... Maybe I do not have my information right on this case, however, that which I know so far, its in the case of Shiva, that Shiva is the end of you, the destruction of you. Essence of you is Vishnu. The supporter (Awareness), and Brahman is everything. Or I do have my information right, and Leo has an update now.

Same thing.

The end of you is YOU!

There is nothing but YOU.

Don't get lost in the semantics.

No self = Self = Emptiness = Infinity = Zero = EVERYTHING = God = Nothing = YOU = Brahman = Atman = Shiva = Shakti

But for the purposes of this self-observation exercise, you're looking for Shiva (empty awareness) because you're already full of yourself ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Same thing.

The end of you is YOU!

Its all Me. I am aware of that. As well as for the used therms.

Edited by Aware

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

But for the purposes of this self-observation exercise, you're looking for Shiva (empty awareness) because you're already full of yourself

YES! Funny ways of explaining Me, finding me, through Me.

The end of you is YOU!

YES! 

Reminder! You've got me!

@Aware @Shin Enlightenment is for everyone. If someone asks for your help, help, be direct, specific and truthful about it. Creating lies is bad for us all as we are all one.

@Leo Gura I'm just a beginner at this work. You always tell that any theory or believe should be dropped. I believe very strongly that I'm - an udentifiable presence a.k.a. awareness - just a special program in my brain and thus all the self inquiry seems a profanity as the answer is "obvious" and my motivation floors. So please elaborate how exactly to drop it? Should I resist it? Or ignore it and just go on "Who am I?"? Or let it be as in do nothing? Or constantly recite that "Leo told us to drop it" or "This is a false idea" like in positive affirmations?

Edited by Alex K

@Alex K Right, so you're stuck because you think you know something which in fact you don't know. This is the problem of your cup being already full. This is the problem of failing to enter a state of not-knowing. This is the problem of conceptualizing and believing.

This is why Zen masters usually never tell you what you are. Because they are afraid that whatever they tell you, you'll believe it. But all beliefs are symbols, and thus not the real deal. You cannot symbolize what you are.

So drop this idea that you are awareness. You don't actually know that. And you don't actually know what awareness is.

It should be standard operating procedure whenever you sit down to self-observe, to THROW ALL IDEAS OUT THE WINDOW! Pretend like EVERYTHING you ever heard from ANYONE, including Leo, is total bullshit. Observe completely from scratch. Imagine you were just born 5 minutes ago and know nothing about reality. ZERO!

Don't use any words, models, or symbols to represent yourself. They are all not you.

In this self-observation process, what's you're looking for is a direct experience, not an idea or a word.

It can be helpful to apply skepticism and doubt. Why do you believe you're awareness? Maybe Leo lied to you? Maybe this whole enlightenment thing is just a scam? Maybe you're something else? How do you know what you are? This kind of doubt should empty your cup and open your mind.

Also, get real! You're not really identified with awareness, are you? You're identified with your body or The Voice, if you're honest. Take a look at what you're ACTUALLY currently identifying with. Get clear about that. "Awareness" is probably just some bullshit word you picked up in a New Age book.

Here's another good line of questioning for someone like you: "Why do I believe I'm my body? What is it that owns this body?"

ALWAYS look for the answer in direct experience. No theories, no speculation, no guess-work, no philosophizing. The answer is an experience. Imagine you are mute or dumb like a retarded child without any language. Now observe reality and find what you are.

2 hours ago, Alex K said:

just a special program in my brain

Notice, that is a point of identification for you. And what is that? What is "Just a special program in my brain"? It's a THOUGHT!

Notice, "my brain" is a THOUGHT!

There is no brain in your direct experience.

There is also no "special program" in your direct experience.

Become mindful of what is THOUGHT, and what is direct experience.

Notice that there is a Voice in direct experience that keeps talking and won't shut up. That Voice supplies you with all kinds of intellectual answers. All of those answers are wrong because all those answers are just sounds. And you are not a sound.

How can you know if you're a sound or not? Well... just take a good close look. Are you a sound? Maybe you are. Don't believe me. Look!

@Schuchti11 you can't teach enlightenment because they are happy living their lives and you are worrying about this enlightenment bullshit. 

9 hours ago, Alex K said:

Enlightenment is for everyone. If someone asks for your help, help, be direct, specific and truthful about it. Creating lies is bad for us all as we are all one.

There is never stated that its not for everyone the same manner as how you understand it. Let me explain myself right now... (Lets pretend you are someone else or are Me after all).

However Alex, We ARE one after all. So, if one is attached, surely if not getting tired of everything, its not his direct experience. This IS however his game!

9 hours ago, Alex K said:

@Leo Gura I'm just a beginner at this work. You always tell that any theory or believe should be dropped. I believe very strongly that I'm - an udentifiable presence a.k.a. awareness - just a special program in my brain and thus all the self inquiry seems a profanity as the answer is "obvious" and my motivation floors. So please elaborate how exactly to drop it? Should I resist it? Or ignore it and just go on "Who am I?"? Or let it be as in do nothing? Or constantly recite that "Leo told us to drop it" or "This is a false idea" like in positive affirmations?

Alex,

And as I am not speaking to someone different, I am well aware of this, as well as Leo is just yet another animation of the same coin teaching the same Me that we are... Are you getting it?

If you won't get tired of me, you, Leo, your mom, dad, you name it, in the sense of all these identifications that you truly think are set up outside of you, then you are at the moment helplessly playing your own little game of pretending you are someone in this vast ocean of reality, that in truth is not to be justified ever that actually is you.

There for I state it: Let them run, run harder and harder, until tired, and in the end of the day they reach enlightenment. Or better said, he experiences enlightenment directly without the pretending games. Which basically means that enlightenment in the end is no experience at all. Its the end of your pretending game experiences.

Enlightenment is not for all, its for One, without attachment to ones desires. The way is you, yourself, that must become extremely unbearably tired of yourself. And if not?

Well Alex, GAME ON!

Oh, and, for the record: Become tired of society, that is just yourself+Thirst... Become tired, seclude. Become tired of all your own little games of pretending through speech, acts and livelihood. Seek one, and not "Others" through seclusion from the you that conscientiously seems to be needed in order to operate. In one word: Society.

If you are not really getting tired, and help yourself becoming more tired.

Well Alex, GAME ON!

Edited by Aware

@Aware Very nice speech, I begin to understand and thus feel all this nowadays. I begin to stop feeling something special about any people thus starting to stop viewing anything as separate. It's all zero sum fuss. I have a strong dichotomy of when I'm alone and practicing and when I'm in "normal" situation though which I need to start to be gone. But this is all offtopic so no more.

1 hour ago, Alex K said:

@Aware Very nice speech, I begin to understand and thus feel all this nowadays. I begin to stop feeling something special about any people thus starting to stop viewing anything as separate. It's all zero sum fuss. I have a strong dichotomy of when I'm alone and practicing and when I'm in "normal" situation though which I need to start to be gone. But this is all offtopic so no more.

Alex,

I shall pretend once more you are someone else, that is Me after all. (for in case I misunderstand it again)...

Be honest Alex... Are you not getting tired of yourself? And when you do get tired, look around... Don't you see?

All these masses playing their own little game of being someone they never were and shall become? 

Here Alex, if you do get tired of yourself, get tired of me at this very moment... Watch, how family you think is family, friends, you think are your friends, how most of them, seems not willing to go with you, when you grow tired, incredibly tired of yourself and wish to seclude and end all the silly beliefs that has been put upon yourself through society.

No, because they are not tired yet right? You must keep pretending, may it be in your family life, your job or anywhere else you go, you must be someone, that you cannot, never was, and never shall become... And don't you DARE Alex, Don't you dare getting out of line of family traditions or the rules of society... Because I shall do anything to get you right in line, because I am not yet tired of my own little game of pretending, and you just happened to be willing to get in my way... (not sounding familiar?)

Yes, I have compassion, because I can and have not to write you this... ... Remember Alex, you won't win the Game you wish to win, by fighting it... You win it, by spiraling out of it. Detach from it. Become Balanced.

Remember, both light, or dark polarized, that is the absolute root of identification games... They both, NEVER prefer Balance (which they are in essence already).

I gave now some critical Keys for your own little game of pretending Alex, being separated from One that is you. IF not using it, that is up to yourself.

Therefor I stated: Let them run, run harder, and if it wasn't around the corner, advice them to run harder and harder, so they might find enlightenment at the end of the day

In the case you are not using the Keys presented here:

Happy Thirst-Games!

YOUR key: (Oh. And even then Alex, Trust YOURself. Experience consciously,  to see for yourself, experience yourself... Play your game consciously, consciously pretending to be someone is one with tiring yourself from yourself).

Edited by Aware

@Leo Gura hey Leo, do you still stand by what you said in your how to become enlightened video, that it takes about 2 years? Does 5 meo speed that up?

@Will Bigger That was a rough guideline, so you don't have the silly expectation of getting enlightened after 1 week of doing this process. It can take anywhere from 1 second to never. For most of you, it will probably take longer than 2 years simply because you're not doing it with single-minded focus. I'm focus on business and doing research, for example, so it's taking me longer.

5-meo can speed it up because it will change your priorities, if nothing else.

change your priorities,

can you elaborate on this, do you mean it can shift your world view so much that it could halt you pursuing your passions/LP for example? I know this is personal but could it be that radical?