Leo Gura

Leo's Practical Guide To Enlightenment

616 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Shin said:

You will have to go through this fear sooner or later, so might as well go for it now.

It's not going to magically disappear, it's only going to get worse if you don't take care of it.

To the point you won't even consider doing the work because it is too painful to even think about it.

Hi Shin,

thanks for the reply. The idea of having this on-hold is that I had a severe meltdown and then raise of the awareness couple of months ago.

I'm still feeling kinda funky, I can't say I'm grounded and mentally stable enough to go for it and I'm still in the process of realising all of this, in a way. 

I'm not ready to take the biggest dive as my first one. I need to build up on it. 

@Samurai Y what do you mean by "dive"? do you think you can make a shitton of progress in a day? this process takes years, you already started it by being curious.

@Ilya No, but I think I should neutalize my insecurities, fears, victim roles and all that stupid things that go on repeat first. Those basics before I really tap into non-duality. Do the homework, educate more, declutter and gradually set the cybernetics for the final destination. 

@Samurai Y and how much time do you think that it will take you?

how are you planning to do it?

what if spirituality Is the solution to these problems?

15 hours ago, Samurai Y said:

I got so scared, I had to put the lights on and I slept like that. What is this, is it ego being scared from the void? It was a true sense of fear.

Imagine your entire life ending. Like you woke up from bad dream.

That is enlightenment. It is the end of life as you knew it. So yes, "you" will fear it. It is the mother of all fear. You entire life is designed around NOT finding enlightenment. Because that is what "life" is, unenlightenment.

This is only a path for people who really care about truth, at the cost of death.

This is hardcore stuff. It's very radical. This is not some feel-good Tony Robbins motivational mumbo-jumbo. This is deadly serious. You pretty much have to be willing to throw your entire life away to see what lies beyond. Which requires enormous curiosity and wisdom.

Once you discover what lies on the other side of life, it will be so shocking, it kills you. The whole point is that you will not survive this process. But then again, you aren't gonna escape life alive no matter how you slice it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 hours ago, Samurai Y said:

@Ilya No, but I think I should neutalize my insecurities, fears, victim roles and all that stupid things that go on repeat first. Those basics before I really tap into non-duality. Do the homework, educate more, declutter and gradually set the cybernetics for the final destination. 

You don't understand yet that this is just an excuse.

You can go on for an entire lifetime telling yourself things like that.

And then when death will come you will be like "oh shit, I was lying to myself this all time".

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin It crossed my mind several times it might be the case. But then, when you have a tumor that needs to be operated, you make sure your blood tests are ok, you're not underweight, you do the preps and you make sure you can handle it, and then you go under the radical treatment, right?

I am 31y/o and I had my first introspective three months ago, where I realized I was pretty much on auto-pilot for my entire life. Psychology was never a point of my interest, not to mention spiritualism, and here I am now. Doing transactional analysis on daily basis, reading it, absorbing it and connecting the dots for myself. One of the first ideas with my journey now is actually to stop lying myself. I don't think I'm justifying myself or finding excuses when I say - I'm learning how to walk, and you're asking me to run marathon. I really feel I'm telling you the truth. 

@Ilya depends on the amount of work I invest into it, but I think it will take me about 2 years to master my psychology and to trully understand everything behind it and get back to the guide.

@Leo Gura How to throw your life away without throwing the people that are part of it as well? This gives me the same feeling as when I think about the universe - everything else seems so pointless afterwards. How to maintain your motivation for 'ordinary life things' afterwards and balance it all, keep up with your job you love, let's say, and not maybe talk about enlightenment all the time? Is it even possible to keep up with daily things without seeing them absurd, when you know 'the secret' and when you're so aware of everything?

Apologies if I sound ignorant. I'll comfort myself with the idea it's perfectly normal and allowed at this stage of self-development. :-)

@Samurai Y Well, you have to be wise enough to care more about truth than you do about people.

Then, one day, you may discover that that will come full-circle ;)

Don't frame ordinary life as separate from truth. Rather, align your ordinary life with truth so that one reinforces the other.

Talking about enlightenment all the time is not necessary. That's what I do because that's my job. For you, just do the self-inquiry and go about enjoying your ordinary life as best you can.

Feel the Is-ness, Spaciousness, Beingness, Background Awareness, Great Silence, the space between thoughts. Feel the "I am". That's all you have to do...

Come back to it all the time everyday every single moment. Every thought is a resistance. Stay as the silence beneath.

If you take this guidance your Ego has its days counted. Peace.

It's so amazing there's so much stuff to Life.

Dimensions, vibrational energies, energy and synchronies, psychedelics, spirituality, Absolute Infinity, Nothingness, No-Self, auras, holographic universe, consciousness.

It makes me want to penetrate Life's vagina and have a cosmic orgasm! It's so greaaaat, how could we have missed all of this before?

This is AMAZING, this is Life!

And still many people spend lives scratching their nuts and smelling their own shit (I know I did).

Edited by username

Im confused..one minute im hearing self enquiry is the most efficient way to realisation and the next minute im hearing that im already realised and just be and "starve" the ego until it dissolves.

Self enquiry seems to inflate the ego like a ballon until it bursts where as just being seems to let it die down automtaically until it dissapears ..would using both techniques cancel eachother out causing stagnation?? 

On 12/26/2017 at 0:47 PM, Danny M said:

the next minute im hearing that im already realised

Stop listening to that nonsense. You ain't remotely realized. Those are just word-games some people like to play.

There are hundreds of different techniques with various levels of effectiveness for various people.

As I practice more it seems to me that self-inquiry is just an organic final stage of other techniques.

If you practice concentration when you become very concentrated you naturally start to wonder 'what is attention?'.

If you practice mindfulness you become very mindful and naturally try to understand 'what is awareness?'.

Self-inquiry be like: your car has only gas pedal, you are trying to stop the car by pressing that pedal...

..?!..

>:(!!!

19 hours ago, Privet said:

As I practice more it seems to me that self-inquiry is just an organic final stage of other techniques.

Being/Truth is the ultimate end of all legit spiritual techniques. So of course it feels that way.

It's like you're saying, "You know... I'm starting to suspect that Lemons taste a lot like Limes and Oranges and Tangerines." Yes, of course, they are all citrus fruits.

@Leo Gura I’m kind of happy that this big rush of existential fear came over me recently. It made me realise that indeed this is not some game or something nice to have, this changes everything completely.

What I discovered with my reaction towards this fear is that I am not radically open-minded enough,since I couldn’t fit the experience into the box of my concept of awakening/enlightenement. This brought up a ton of resistance.

What would you say are the best ways to open your mind? Currently I’m reading the outlines of Pyrrhonism as your video on skepticism pointed towards this philosophy as helping with me this. I also watched your video on Radical Openmindedness and I continue to do the visualisation.

I also realised how attached I am to the things I view as my character and behaviour and my way of perceiving. It hurt so much to see that I had to let all this go to get further, unimaginable. 

So I guess I will have to take this process much more serious and contemplate why I want to awaken/ find out who I really am in the first place. My determination to find Truth was not nearly strong enough. I was only looking for it because it seemed like a ‘cool’ experience, as a means to relieve suffering.

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus