Leo Gura

Leo's Practical Guide To Enlightenment

616 posts in this topic

On 11/08/2017 at 0:34 AM, Ilya said:

I watched Part 3 of leo's vid of enlightenment with the practice. was it meditation or was it self inquiry? that experience was much more powerful than the most of the self inquiry that ive done, mainly because i came to the conclusion that i am the presence (not the idea, nor the feeling) and it seems that i know for sure "i" am not an entity yet im not enlightened, questions dont seem to do anything for me and im stuck.

Well, just keep being this presence.

Try to be it whatever you do, and it will all unfold by itself :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I meditated for 4 hours a day for 4 weeks. The first thing i did was lay on my bed and painstakingly neutralized all my thoughts which i accomplished 2 weeks in or so. Then i began thinking again and flexed all my muscles and joints each time i meditated. I gave that another week. The final week i began to desire to be given the gift of contact with an alien or form of energy. At about the third or fourth hour of the last day i went into a heavy wonderful trance. The trance lasted for 15 minutes or so and i felt i was out of my body incredibly fast as i saw muliticlusters of quadrillions of galaxies flash by me. I ran into the unmovable and invisible wall of this universe and seemed to bounce off of it and went to the other side and bounced of of that in a different angle. Then bounced of another wall and returned to my body. Then the trance was over and i felt terribly horrified. I felt the presence of a being that boggled my mind. I had enough courage to jump off my bed and open the door. Outside in my back yard in a dark Alaskan winter i looked up into the night's sky and saw the stars above me not knowing why i was looking up almost like i had forgotten I'd been meditating on contacting a being from deep space. I noticed a small light seconds later coming down through the atmosphere. It was very very fast at first but it was strange because it appeared small but since it was so far away at first (and it was a blue orb of light the size of a basketball when i saw it hovering outside the door window, making the snowy trees behind it glow) it must have changed its size as it came down! As soon as i saw it in the window i completely lost my fear and was in a mesmerizing and utterly peaceful awe. I ran upstairs and told my dad about what i saw but he didn't believe me. Ugh.. so i ran back downstairs and was super happy it was still there. This time i opened the door and reached out my hand but i suddenly hesitated and withdrew my hand and closed the door. My theory is that all objects in existence aquire data/knowledge as they travel through space. Since i traveled outside my body several times, the paths i took in trails gave me insight about the nature of things. No object can collect all of the information and is blessed in the eternal quest for learning. Had 15 years of psychic abilities from the age of 15 until the age of 30. I prayed/ willed my abilities away to keep me safe from insanity because i experienced too much truths and it felt too much of a task for my body to endure. 90 percent of the abilities led me to astonishment and joy but i felt like i wasn't designed for too much of that world while being in my body and i learned to be happy about learning of those things and felt satisfied completely to wait for death to continue my journey. Another of my many theories is when the mass of all things is spread out to the point of an inner shell of the circle of the edge of this universe the force of gravity in the center will be like that of the largest black hole that's ever been and the remaining matter is drained into another zone. I thank the drug ketamine in a gas form for giving me a near death experience which led to my awesome experiences at the age of 15 for a doctor and an anesthesiologist to break my arm bones back into place due to a wrestling accident in practice at my high school. Whatever the trigger and how ever you attain enlightenment is up to the individual like all spiritual physics.

20170728_133856.jpg

Edited by K-light--orb

@Leo Gura

Leo ! Congrats on finally experiencing and remembering your essence.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

One piece of advice. Instead of using a drug to reach that state, change your vibration. Become pure love and pure light and you will return to your essence.

Sorry i am a new member. My name's Matt. The ketamine was applied to me over a decade before my experience and it wasn't recreational but medical. I wasn't on any drug at the time. But i truly believe it's application rewired my body and spirit. It was so facinating all the time using my abilities.

Edited by K-light--orb

The things i experienced are as follows:

Telekinesis (twice: empty can of red bull and an emtpy bottle of gatorade)

Biotelikanesis/telepathy (the mind and respiratory system of my dog)

Past reading (estimated 8 people)

Communication of the dead (8 times)

2 Close encounters of the 5th kind

2 close encounters of the 1st kind

Telepathy (once)

Empathic abilities: i worked in a grocery store at night and there was a woman who was completely deaf. I always felt bad for her as i worked and one night i walked past her at the end of an aisle. I felt extreme sadness for her this time and then i walked down the aisle and felt extreme pain and felt knocked in each ear with heavy objects. I was in fact deaf for about 10 minutes.

Empathic/ hypnosis

Once i was hospitalized at a psych ward and i had a vision that i would meet a christian man named Jacob. I returned to the hospital several times and one time i met a guy named Jacob but i knew it wasn't him. The next time i was there i woke up and saw my new roomate sleeping in his bed. I waited until he woke up and when he did i asked him his name and he said Jacob. The first thing he wanted to talk about was the 10 commandments and the new testimate which "coincidentally" i had a book for those 2 things next to my bed! So we talked for a couple hours when suddenly i noticed he had epilepsy and he had some shocks every now and then. One day i decided to ask him if he'd like to be hypnotized. He said yes and i began praying and chanting. I don't remember what i had said but i told him to wake up when i snapped my fingers. I snapped my fingers and he woke up. At the same exact time we were both in each of our beds and i felt a shock from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. I saw him jump as i did.

Empathic

Another time i was in that hospital in the cafeteria and i was talking to my roomate John. He was deaf in the left ear. As we were eating i felt terrible pain in my left ear and was deaf again!

Empathic

Another time at the hospital i was in my room and i suddenly felt agonizing pain and nausea in my stomach. I seemed to know there was someone i was feeling. I almost crawled out of my room and saw a woman in the same pain because she had alcohol poisoning. I told her i felt her pain. When she said she believed me my pain went away slowly.

Premonition/warning

September 10th 2001 of course the day before the titled: NYC terror attack in the middle of the day, i called my mom screaming and crying that something very bad is going to happen to the world. She understood me but had to get off the phone. After the phone call i paced back and forth in the middle floor of my parent's house for hours and hours. Then i stood in the kitchen and stared at the stove clock for 6 hours. By then it was well into the morning about 6am. Then i walked into the living room and sat down on the sofa. I stared at my parent's blank tv for over 3 hours when suddenly i walked up to it and turned it on. There was an infomercial on for about 30 seconds and then i saw the news of the towers. I took a look at it and told myself it was a demolition and finally went to bed. 911 was defiantly the thing that made me eerily scared even the day before and all throughout the night. 911 was also an inside job. There are tens of perfect reasons it had to have been set up by our government and over 2,000 experts that disagreed with the 911 commision report as well as myself and millions of people all over the world. But that is another story. Btw 911 happened and it's over yes, but it's repercussions are everywhere, you just have to be aware and know the truth. But im 100% sure that aliens won't allow the new world order to be succesfull but it defines good vs evil and the madness of money, power and war.

Hundreds of premonitions throughout 15 years.

Visons in my sleep of the future. But most of my dreams only predicted small insignificant things like tv and movies and other small things about my life when i was at school or home or on vacation. lol

Out of body experiences several times.. i can no longer do anything i was able to do before except the occasional physical empathic feelings but nothing more. I do still meditate on occasion but it really feels like my whole existence as a human is satisfied with things like this. Correction! Well, sort of, i saw a cloaked UFO last week. And oh yeah the first of two times i saw a UFO/UFOs i was arguing with my at the time finace about the existance of UFOs. We were arguing for like 2 hours lol. So i said look out the window and we'll see some. 5 minutes later 5 different triangular, bright, neon blue spacecrafts appeared in the sky where we looked out the window. The big one traveled from there to a great distance to the right instantly and the smaller ones followed them!

The UFO i saw last week: i saw a bird flying about 500 feet away at about 600 feet in the air right? Then i saw it gliding (totally normal) then it seemed to freeze and it's wings were wide open. Then the whole bird shiftef downward still NOT moving its body. Then it normalised and then collapsef it's wings and 'froze' again and moved perfectly upwards and then perfectly upwards/left. I grabbed my phone to record it and as soon as i touched my phone it disappeared!

Saw 4 different ghosts with their identities

The ketamine trip took me to a black ocean and i saw microscopic things all around me and even felt microscopic myself! I saw a very bright light above the water. I swam upward but could only seem to reach 6 feet below the surface. Then a golden angel dove into the black water and lifted me into the warm beautiful light! When i reached the edge of this universe a 2D ceiling touched my head and then i woke up.

Demonic attacked several times but defeated them all by praying on water in Styrofoam cups and spilled the water in a circle around my bed.

Hello!

I have been doing 30-60 min of self-inquiry every day for a month now. I would appreciate if some could tell me, if i'm on the right path or not :)

1. I start with my eyes open and look at my body. Am I the foot? Am I the leg? What if I cut of the leg? Will that leg still be a part of me?
2. Then I start to open og close my eye for at few times. With closed eyes the body doesn't exist, but I am still there? So why do I think that I am the body?
3. Then I sit with closed eyes. And I ask: Who am I? Am I some of the remaining phenomenons? The changing colour in my sight? The sounds? The feelings? And how can I know that I am these or not? Or maybe I am the sphere within the phenomenon is occuring? I have been stucked on this level for at good time.
4. Then yesterday I sat with closed eye and was asking again frustrated What is left? Sight? Sounds? feelings? maybe awareness? For fuck sake there is "nothing" more. Then it hit me that I have always thought that nothing was the opposite to phenomenon... Like something that is between phenomenon. But maybe nothing is a phenomenon/object that is just non-existing? So I tried to sense the phenomenon of nothing between my thoughts, behind the feeling of my back and under my butt. And then I asked: if this emptiness/nothingness is not the body or mind, where does it end?

I would be glad for any input :)

For one thing i don't believe in nothingness. And theories are not distractions. Theories= thoughts and everyone has thoughts. Without theories it wouldn't be possible to inquire about anything including meditation and enlightenment. Also, in less than 60 seconds I'm going to prove to you that everything is a miricle, then explain time etc. The true nature of time is very confusing, but we have 2 different perspectives that we use for all of knowledge and of thought. The perspective most of us use is a whole lot easier! It consists of the present, the past and the future. But if we take quantum physics and include the big bang in it we see that time somehow is not made up of now, then and ahead of us. So everything we know is either wrong or miraculously correct. Since we are able to have a concept of reality and we learn things as we go it is apparent that a very powerful force allows the learning to happen but only at the will of that force at the same time we are also each a piece of that force and the force is one, AND everything we can imagine happened in zero seconds. Without time. The continuous big banging going on creating new universes is how time is made in the 3rd demention. Time exists in the 2D world in a fashion unknown to us until we leave the 3d world and return to the outside of each universe. Our spirits are 2D located in the pineal gland in your brain. When the mind is partially unconscious, asleep, under a drug, encounters any chemical it affects the body or (vessel) the brain, and the spirit in unique ways all at the same time. The spirit travels or (out of body) at all times. When the body dies the spirit is cut off and naturally goes to it's origin. The outside of this universe and im not sure but i imagine u go to a sort of "checkpoint" and then you are taken to a new body. The easier way to think of time isn't necessarily exactly the same as we think but it's ok! Our perceptions are always at least grasping it's reality only in a small amount or a larger amount depending on the permission of itself, oneness and the greater force. Assension happens continuously as the object or (body) changes into a greater force until it and all others become one. The oneness that exists is perfectly solid until it explodes into the next universe. We won't know all things of each universe until it becomes one in a newly formed place. Alive not alive things are always learning or collecting data and each have their own perceptions/reactions.

As far as enlightenment goes, meditation seems to be the way most people do so, but the individual is king of the path.

Edited by K-light--orb

Yesterday I did 3 hours of self-inquiry, I didn't wake up but my mind became segnificantly quiter, I felt like I'm more in touch with nothing, couple hours after that I went to jog and after like 20 minutes of jogging I became a little sad and thought that I lost that connection to nothing, right after that I'm like "WHAAAT?? WHO THE HELL HAS LOST CONNECTION TO NOTHING? WHO IS THINKING THIS? WHO IS SAD? HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO LOSE CONNECTION WITH THE VERY PLACE THAT YOU ARISE FROM?" damn, that shit is so obviously simple, closer than your own face! HOW CAN WAVE BE SEPARATE FROM WATER?

Also this revealed me once again how experience is different from knowledge, I have heard a million times all that I experienced yesterday, but man, that understanding is like nothing compared to the real deal, like how recipe is different from dish, how picture is different from reality. Understanding is just another thought that is happening in the field of awareness that you are, any time you think you understood something try to play that thought in you mind again "I understand" and be aware of it, it's just a thought! Not what you are looking for! Who is thinking that thought? Who is aware of the voice in your head that is reading this text?

Edited by Privet

@Alex90  How about awareness muscles, do you work on noting/mindulness too? It seems to me that you lack noting of your thoughts, thats the key, it's impossible to think of who you really are. You need to shut up in order to EXPERIENCE who you are, you can only shut up by noticing that you think first, you are the one that is noticing thoughts. Shut up and notice noticing, listen to the silence that happens when you don't think. That's you! You are always there! Right fucking now! Stop for a minute and try right now. Listen harder! As hard as you can! SHUT UP AND LISTEN!

You can develop this capacity of noting your thoughts and not get tricked by them by meditation/mindfulness. When mindfulness muscles are good you can shut up and listen who you are faster, thoughts don't trick you, you clearly realize each of them as a thought. If you didn't work on this you probably don't even notice that you are lost in thinking, believing your thoughts instead of noticing them as temporary disappearing objects.

Edited by Privet

@Leo Gura Hello, I've been pushing my concentration practices and meditation practices but some doubts arose:

1. You say concentration practice has a synergetic effect on meditation. But by concentrating on an object, we're forcing our minds to be still and not letting everything be as it is. Meditation, on the other hand, is about letting of control and manipulation. If I'm doing concentration followed by meditation, isn't the synergetic effect an illusion? Isn't it because our mind is very tight and controlled by our previous concentration practice? Isn't this the very opposite of what should happen in meditation?
  2. Teachers like Rupert Spira, Mooji and Adyashanti indeed don't talk about concentration practices. Why is this so?
  3. What happens when prolonged meditation starts giving you huge headaches? The more I meditate the more intense headaches I have. I want to meditate for hours and hours, and I'm pretty comfortable doing it from the neck down. From the neck up it's an entire different story. I've tried changing my posture (laying down usually helps). But is this recommended?

Thank you 9_9

Edited by Afonso

@Afonso

1) By training your mind to focus, it will start to become much more natural and then it will be easier to be still without manipulation. They definitely synergize. But probably not until you do 100s of hours of practice. Disciplining the monkey mind seems very manipulative and forced for the first 1000 hours.

2) It's not their style. Remember, there are many ways to skin the same cat. Also, often they just assume you're already capable of it. They can easily underestimate how much modern media has rotted our focusing muscles. The prerequisite for self-inquiry is concentration skill. You cannot self-inquire effectively when your mind jumps around to various subjects.

3) Not sure. I never get headaches unless I physically over-strain. Learn to make the whole process relaxed and effortless. Don't strain any muscles. Just sit there as you would if you were waiting for a bus. But of course some people might get headaches and various energies might build up in your head over time. Try to release them or massage them out.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 21/8/2017 at 7:53 AM, Privet said:

@Alex90  How about awareness muscles, do you work on noting/mindulness too? It seems to me that you lack noting of your thoughts, thats the key, it's impossible to think of who you really are. You need to shut up in order to EXPERIENCE who you are, you can only shut up by noticing that you think first, you are the one that is noticing thoughts. Shut up and notice noticing, listen to the silence that happens when you don't think. That's you! You are always there! Right fucking now! Stop for a minute and try right now. Listen harder! As hard as you can! SHUT UP AND LISTEN!

You can develop this capacity of noting your thoughts and not get tricked by them by meditation/mindfulness. When mindfulness muscles are good you can shut up and listen who you are faster, thoughts don't trick you, you clearly realize each of them as a thought. If you didn't work on this you probably don't even notice that you are lost in thinking, believing your thoughts instead of noticing them as temporary disappearing objects.

Thx for the input, Privet! :) 

When I am in quiet environments I can see that I have nothing to do with thought. Furthermore I can see that thoughts consist of inner voices, inner images etc, and they come and go from nowhere. I hope it makes sense, cause english is not my first language as you can see.

But I will try to improve my noting! :)

Should I also try to notice the nothing between my thoughts? And what about awareness? the "nothing" occurs within my awareness? or?

1 hour ago, Alex90 said:

I hope it makes sense, cause english is not my first language as you can see.

Yes it makes sence, English isn't my native language either, I'm russian :)

1 hour ago, Alex90 said:

Should I also try to notice the nothing between my thoughts?

Sure why not! Notice everything that grabs your attention, it's like watching a film on the screen, if there is no picture on the screen - notice that.  Watch this video: 

1 hour ago, Alex90 said:

And what about awareness? the "nothing" occurs within my awareness? or?

This is tricky. I have read that awareness happens in nothing and aware of it at the same time. But this is some vague intellectual shit, I prefer to not conceptualize that much, practically in meditation it just feels like nothing, you just aware of nothing. I didn't go that deep yet so I can't tell you precisely, @Leo Gura maybe you can?

Edited by Privet

@Privet There is no such thing as "my awareness".

There really isn't even awareness. There is only one substance making up everything. It cannot be named or defined. It's what the visual field is made out of for example, and all the other sensory fields. Although calling it "visual field" is misleading because then people think of it as happening inside a brain or body, which isn't the case.

It really helps to completely destroy the notion that there is an external world of any kind, or that you have a brain. There is no external world or brain. There is only phenomena afloat in nothing, nowhere, nohow.

What you see is exactly what there is. Except notice that there isn't a "you" seeing it.

It's important to realize that the question, "But how is that possible?" isn't a valid question. This isn't science. This is mysticism. There can be no mechanical explanation.

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Except notice that there isn't a "you" seeing it.

Although "you" are still there, just not different from anything else.

You are really real, but not really. - Don't remember who

Edited by Privet

On 12/20/2016 at 4:00 AM, Leo Gura said:

Do you feel infinite, without boundaries or location?

Hey @Leo Gura, how can one feel infinite without boundaries or location in a small finite body? 

Edited by Truth Seekah

5 hours ago, Truth Seekah said:

Hey @Leo Gura, how can one feel infinite without boundaries or location in a small finite body? 

You are not the body.. It is just phenomenon.

You can not feel infinity, because it is just another phenomenon.

you ARE infinity!

10 hours ago, Truth Seekah said:

You'll have to drop the belief that you are a small finite body.

Do you own your stuff or does your stuff own you?