Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peo

Normal job for financial security before LP?

9 posts in this topic

My life purpose is art, i really want to use my creativity to paint paintings to the world, but its hard. My ideal life purpose would be to be able to paint home and maybe have my own gallery for the world to see and earn six figures. Although being able to create a painting that is worth millions of dollars is not an easy task. According to statistics 90% of artist will not be able to make a living out of art and only 10% will be able to make a living from art. And maybe only like less then 1% makes billions of dollars from art. The statistics are very harsh when it comes to art. According to my research to be able to get a nice income from art, you need to be very good at marketing so i would have to focus on both my marketing skills and my art skills. 

Although this not me making any excuses, but i do think it is important to be honest about the challenge i will face. It will be a hard challenge to make six figures or more from art. Therefore i think it wold be wise to spend 5 years getting a master degree in something else then art to give me some financial security and trying to improve my art skills over years in my free time. I would also have to spend some years doing trial and error trying to market my art to become financially comfortable to being able to just create art home while quitting the normal job.

Do you guys think it would be wise to just spend like 5 years getting a master degree in something else so i can gain some financial security and spend my free time on actualizing my life purpose? I am still not sure what this normal master degree job would be yet tho. 

It's tough for sure. Sometimes the pragmatic bullet of life has to be bitten though, like you said most artists statistically just won't make it doing it as a full time career.

Ideally you would get a job that is creative and gives you a roughly similar sort of satisfaction that art does, related to the field of art or it's periphery. Something that would allow you a reasonable amount of time and resources to do your LP. The less related they are the more imbalanced your life will feel, you'll be getting torn both ways kinda thing. It would feel super incongruent and you might get resentful lets say, investing 5 years and all that money and time into a super secure tech job or something. You'll be slaving away on a computer wanting to be looking at a canvas.

It's probably the opposite of what you want to hear, but I would focus on finding work or schooling that is towards the practical side, but something you would still be happy doing that gives you a stable income. Then use your spare time to slowly build your art skills and ramp up a small lower investment side business.

You might never be able to go full time with it, but you will be spending a lot of time ideally enjoying yourself and making some money from it. Which is a great place to be.

hrhrhtewgfegege

10 hours ago, Peo said:

5 years getting a master degree

By the time you are so loaded with debt (depending on country) and get things stable, you are looking at like 10 years. You could probably just land a decent job and work your way up, while doing all of your art on side. 

You can get creative with how you monetize the art too. You can make tutorials, teach, coach, etc.

@Peo

Have you researched people who have already done what you desire to experience?  What did you find? How did they do it? 

Is purpose something experienced in your life so to speak, or is life something experienced in your purpose? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Have you researched people who have already done what you desire to experience?

Not a lot, but i do know some people was able to sell their artwork becuase they had rich friends that wanted to buy their art. Other people just had good markeding skills. Social connection to the right people did enable them to make a living from creating artwork. I dont have that much sosial connection, i am very introverted. Although the good news is that my brother does have a lot of sosial connection.

Leonardo da vinci did die poor, but today his paintings are worth billions of dollars. 

@Peo

There are introversive thoughts, but there are no introverts or introverted people. Likewise, no one has rich friends, no one has marketing skills, and no one has social connections. Leonardo Da Vinci died more wealthy than most can even imagine or comprehend, and his paintings are worth nothing. 

Are you going about this life & purpose thingy ‘in your head’ or on a dreamboard?  When the ideas, insights & inspirations spontaneously arise to fill in the gaps, are you writing those insights in the literal gaps on your board? Are you visually seeing your vision on the board, working backwards, and googling the insights & information where any gaps still remain? 

Also, how does Maslow’s pyramid jive cohesively with your life & purpose? 

@Nahm Bruh

I don't really understand what you are talking about. Why are you talking in riddles? Not really sure what you are trying to communicate here bro.

@Peo

The more you take, the more you leave behind… what am I? 

(That’s what talking in riddles looks like.)

What was said is perfectly accurate and there is no riddle involved at all. Beliefs, yes, but no riddles. 

Di Vinci had no access to or use for statistics, understood the emotion of doubt with a near absolute clarity, and never whitewashed excuses.   

On 22/10/2021 at 8:42 PM, Peo said:

My life purpose is art, i really want to use my creativity to paint paintings to the world, but its hard. My ideal life purpose would be to be able to paint home and maybe have my own gallery for the world to see and earn six figures. Although being able to create a painting that is worth millions of dollars is not an easy task. According to statistics 90% of artist will not be able to make a living out of art and only 10% will be able to make a living from art. And maybe only like less then 1% makes billions of dollars from art. The statistics are very harsh when it comes to art. According to my research to be able to get a nice income from art, you need to be very good at marketing so i would have to focus on both my marketing skills and my art skills. 

Although this not me making any excuses, but i do think it is important to be honest about the challenge i will face. It will be a hard challenge to make six figures or more from art. Therefore i think it wold be wise to spend 5 years getting a master degree in something else then art to give me some financial security and trying to improve my art skills over years in my free time. I would also have to spend some years doing trial and error trying to market my art to become financially comfortable to being able to just create art home while quitting the normal job.

Do you guys think it would be wise to just spend like 5 years getting a master degree in something else so i can gain some financial security and spend my free time on actualizing my life purpose? I am still not sure what this normal master degree job would be yet tho. 

Getting a masters degree is not future oriented, as the salaries will be lower according to rising inflation. Experts speculating about hyper-inflation right now. Moreover, more than 30% off all jobs will be replaced by automation in the next 10-20 years. And 6 figures is not much even currently and it will probably like 4-5 figures when you are ready for it using the above mentioned part.

In the future, developing not only a skill but also the necessary business and investing skills will become more and more important. Working at companies no matter what kind of will become unattractive to most people. Even people working at Facebook or Google are more or less average.

You should concentrate on an area with a high market capitalization.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right