Leo Gura

What Do You Love The Most About Life?

136 posts in this topic

The experience of observing, processing and ideally understanding, reality.  Observing reality.

soo much unexpected turnarounds in positive and negative directions which leads to a new way of living 

The vanishing, etheric quality of each moment: right now thinking about the question What Do I Love The Most About Life? that vanishes into nothingness as it it thought about.

Beautiful responses. Keep 'em coming.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, TheAlchemist said:

The feeling I get when travelling alone without any plan or objective in mind, going to a totally new place, totally new culture, somewhere I have never been before. 

It's just the actual experience of being on an adventure into the unknown. Just me, my mind, and an unpredictably changing environment. This sense of mystery & exploration. It makes me feel alive in a raw way I can't possibly explain in words.  

I envy the explorers of the past who discovered new lands, and the astronauts who will go on to explore the depths of the universe. 

But it all ties down to this sense of exploration, this raw feeling of aliveness while on an adventure. That is what I love.

Was scrolling through the thread looking for a response like this, and you wrote it better than I could

Same for me

I love taking spirituality to its limits in my own unique way. Teaching is also something I love. The bodhisattva vow is incredibly close to my heart. To impart something of tremendous value to people who desire it and are ready to work toward it is huge. My ultimate goal is to explore Divinity, teach the methods to reach it, and live in better and better accordance with what is discovered in those unfathomable realms. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Death.

(Death is a part of life. The moment you have life then you also have a death-guarantee. They go together.  It wouldn't be nice to live forever.)

Or in other words: the best thing with life is that it wont last forever.

Edited by Blackhawk

Creating art is the best feeling in the world.  It's the only time I really feel at ease in the moment is that breath holding minute when you're making a thin line on the paper with a pen and muscle memory and the line just flows so nicely.  That's the best.

meta-funposting within layers upon layers of ironic multiverses nobody really cares about

434e272c0026ca64087c645e8dcd2ddba52b8e42_00.gif

I love the beauty and intelligence of it. I think both of these qualities go hand in hand. And then also, being able to create that beauty and intelligence through your own mind and intellect, whether it be through music, videos, etc. Expressing yourself in that way is great. 

You also don't necessarily need any logic or reasoning for something to be beautiful. Just the experience itself can be beautiful. Take music for example, just these random sounds zipping about can make you feel like you're in heaven. The perception of beauty when it comes to music is completely intuitive, there is no prior logic or reasoning necessary to enjoy it. But also, in order to even appreciate how good the music is, you need to have bad music to contrast it, and so you need the bad and good all together in order to actually appreciate its beauty fully. I love how reality coincides with itself in this way, which is part of its intelligence and beauty. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

I seriously doubt that I love anything at this point. Though, I don't really hate anything, either. I feel mostly neutral about most things. I can lie to myself and others and tell them that I feel positively about something, but in the end I have the recognition that a lie is just a lie. I can feel appreciation and grace and a bunch of other rare feelings from the esoteric realm, I can even feel high, but I wouldn't say I love these experiences, because I can feel okay without them. One thing I might have hatred for is disease/pain/suffering. But I can get around it most of the times, unless it's extremely severe.

Maybe I love the feeling of emptiness. Or maybe I do need to contemplate this question further. Though, I haven't tried psychedelics or cocaine or meth, so maybe I'll love one of them if I ever do try them. I don't know.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Existence, Being.

Yeah, just being here, consciously. With or without thought, with or without activity, love it.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

i love inspiring people through my actions or the potential of that. i love fighting god damn i love fighting it brings me to tears.... MMA makes me cry seeing top level guys fight thier hearts out./.. leaves me speechless. if i can accomplish my dreams... which one day i have a sense it will happen. anybody can do what they want

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Death.

(Death is a part of life. The moment you have life then you also have a death-guarantee. They go together.  It wouldn't be nice to live forever.)

Or in other words: the best thing with life is that it wont last forever.

Those peak experiences and watershed moments where you truly glimpse and are touched by the absolute beauty, goodness and Love of God and almost in an instant everything in your human life just washes away as you become so deeply and divinely touched by this Love and are elevated to a higher plane, POV, state of being, truth and contextualisation about the true purpose and meaning of life (including your own). Nothing beats that moment in which the majesty, totality, purity, and goodness of God's Love just washes into your being and completely blows your mind away by the profundity of that presence, dissolving away all things but LOVE.

Close second best part of life :P : the come down and afterglow phase from these divine moments when you're almost still floating through life and coursing with a residues of this Divine Love and energy in your being and you begin integrating, contemplating and visioneering the ways in which you can dedicate your life over the months, years & decades ahead to somehow be an inspirational vehicle and beacon of this Love for all fellow beings - with the hope that at some point in the future, others too will reach such an experience themselves and finally realize who you really were and what you were talking about and living for all along. Nothing inspires me more than tapping into the that sense that my life will one day evoke that absolute to-the-core heart touching gratitude, inspiration and love from that other souls as they finally become touched by God's Love and realise how instrumental your existence was in this priceless gift they have now experienced.

p.s. leo, you have been exactly that kind of instrumental influence on my life (:

the best thing about life is that you get to choose who you want to be, to make it meaningful as how each individual define life meaningful to them. and there will be no wrong answer to this question.