EntheogenTruthSeeker

Help! Serious Back Pain/Needles/Agitation on Raw Vegan

8 posts in this topic

Please if anyone could shed some light on this. I’m really suffering. 

So, went from standard American diet, gradually to Raw Vegan and was feeling good with balance of vegetables/fruit/legumes/healthy fat. However, as time has gone on consistently raw, I’m getting so angry, agitated, ungrounded, irritable, etc. I understand detox can be some of this, but this is too uncomfortable to even function. It feels like there are thousands of needles all over my back. Adrenals are going crazy. Wtf!!

I ate some meat/healthy standard meal and feel better. But still intense! I feel like edibles are only thing to calm me down right now. 

Any clues?:) 

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

I would question the ideas that raw vegan is the ideal diet. It is workable but most tend to thrive with meat. 

"You Create Magic" 

@Flowerfaeiry thank you, I’ve decided to stop right now. Felt a lot better at first, but I always end up manic and ungrounded eventually. 

It’s frustrating when all these health gurus claim hope for mental issues, physical healing, etc. and it always just ends up backfiring for me. Life is so fucking hard. 

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

@EntheogenTruthSeeker same thing happened to me. I would feel really good on raw for a few days and then would start to lose my shit. IMO we all have to find the diet that works best for us AND focus on fresh, whole foods. 

"You Create Magic" 

@EntheogenTruthSeeker maybe you are going into this too quickly. Raw food diet has its time and place. It is definitely not winter and it is definitely not straight away. You gotta ease into it. First of all, you gotta gradually learn to be ok with mostly plant-based diets, learn to wean off stimulants, processed foods etc before you should even consider something like a raw detox. 

A vegan detox as a starting point would be much easier. Keep the cooked foods in, keep the whole grains and legumes and just start by eliminating dairy and factory meat. Those in themselves may already bring some benefits. 

I know people like Robert Morse and John Rose bang on about raw food diet being the one and only but for the majority of people they are neither doable nor exceptionally healthy.

Raw food diets can be cleansing but the bets time to do those is summer or late spring, definitely not winter. Winter is the time of hot stews, aromatic dishes, soups, porridge and not juices and fruit cleanses. Even those can be incredibly detoxifying if planned and structure properly 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

what you are likely experiencing is malnutrition. And if you are going to continue the vegan diet (which I don't recommend), you need to check if you are getting all your necessary nutrients. You would probably survive much better just eating a non-raw vegan diet. Eat some legumes at the very least.

Edited by SgtPepper

Diet doesn’t cause emotion. Anger & irritability are emotions, and are is not food related. Clarity and lethargy to an extent are food related, at least initially. When one cleans the diet, one experiences more clarity, one experiences more sensitivity to the already, already existing, thoughts & beliefs. When one cleans the diet one is choosing alignment with well being. When one clean the diet, the body responds in kind and cleans itself so to speak, cleans itself out of the discord as well. To hold food as the catalyst of anger is to ‘buy’ or believe the arising thought story. To think and choose in accordance with the thought story is to resist the body’s natural clearing of itself so to speak, out. It is to perpetuate the suppression of emotion. 

Those kids look neither angry nor irritable to me. I once cut the heart out of a bear and ate it, and a tsunami couldn’t have wiped the smile off my face. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE