Godishere

A will, for your estate after "death"

18 posts in this topic

What's everyone's thoughts on a will? As in, a legal declaration for your estate after you 'die'. Yes, I know death is iMaGiNarY.

Not directed toward you, but this question feels like spiritual narcissism. Do people seriously believe that when your form dies, the entire cosmos dies along with you? I have 2 children, and yes, I have a will.

Ultimately, we are all the same Consciousness. Still, we created the cosmos, and it will continue, regardless of the end of our apparent existence. The dream goes on.

Solipsism, nihilism, and every other ism are products of the human mind failing to understand the infinite. Let go of the need to conceptualize, and lucidly enjoy the dream. Even dreams have meaning.

TLDR: Write the will. 9_9

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha interesting. I'm also not discrediting your existence or the entire cosmos. In saying that, I do have to point out that you're also conceptualizing. Obviously I have a will, it was just a question on what other expressions of the infinite 'thought' about the matter. If I state the obvious(for me), right now I am conscious. 'I'(Self) am also conscious that I am all that exists in this particular dream. Yes, the 'dream' or whatever you call consciousness continues, we can confirm that(Non-duality). However, my self/ego has no control on what 'I', consciousness decides to dream/imagine next(or however you would like to describe the passing of this particular body).

The last thing I would like to do is mislead myself/others, so feel free to critique my understanding of consciousness and awakening. I do realize that the concept of solipsism is a misunderstanding of the human mind. But if we expand our identity to God consciousness, in my 'experience' Solipsism would be considered true from that perspective. Of course these are just concepts and ideas as I'm rationalizing from a limited state of consciousness. I do know Truth is lost in language and if you think I'm narcissistic fair play to you. I'll go back to the drawing board and see what's Absolutely True for myself, which is obviously the plan anyway. 

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Do people seriously believe that when your form dies, the entire cosmos dies along with you?

Yes, that is exactly what I think. And from what Leo has said, he also believes this (not speaking for him).

1 hour ago, Sempiternity said:

Yes, that is exactly what I think. And from what Leo has said, he also believes this (not speaking for him).

That would just be a misinterpretation of what he said which is pretty easy to do considering he's sloppy with the technical details. The most absolute statement would be that there is no form, cosmos or death in the first place, these are all just masks consciousness/God wears, but that obviously isn't very useful.

But if you're convinced on a relative level that your human brain's activities are controlling the entire cosmos not only is that not enlightenment it's the highest form of spiritual egotistical narcissism one could ever possibly imagine and I wish you the best in the mental asylum LOL.

1 hour ago, Godishere said:

However, my self/ego has no control on what 'I', consciousness decides to dream/imagine next(or however you would like to describe the passing of this particular body).

God likes putting limitations on itself. Get enough seperate animals with limited consciousness to meet and you get "consensus reality" more or less. A few crazy duds in the society will have chaotic dreams, and then one or two awake animals will finally realise it's all a dream. 

As long as one knows non-duality changes absolutely nothing about the relative world than a lot of confusion can be avoided.

I’m rollin with that new Buddha Will, where first they gotta find me, and then I get all my shit back. 

You can do it guys! Don’t give it up till you’re absolutely sure it’s me!

Nonduality’s so damn funny I can’t even withstand it. 

Death & loss are obviously thoughts, and of course there is no thought or thought attachment. This is an appearance only ‘within’ the spheres. The humility of the recognition that the mind can not go where it has not been is priceless invaluable and meaningless. It’s all about being in the right state. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Etherial Cat

There could certainly be a will, but there doesn’t seem to be an I which does, has, makes, or even knows there is, or what it is. But sometimes there actually does seem to be an I which knows, that there is, this “will”. Not knowing isn’t really the important factor here though, it’s really about me getting all my stuff. :D Energy and states are so sneaky & confusing!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Godishere I don't think you're narcissistic, was just making a general observation :)

Solipsism is the belief that only your mind is sure to exist, and that other minds, as expressions of the same Consciousness, cannot be seen or confirmed.

However, most spiritual traditions hold that the same Self inhabits a multitude of beings, within the dream. Not only this, but when you awaken to your true nature within the dream, you see this same Self in others.

For example:

They live in wisdom who see themselves in all and all in them.

- Bhagavad Gita 2:55

The truth of the Self cannot come through one
Who has not realized that he is the Self.
The intellect cannot reveal the Self,
Beyond its duality of subject
And object. Those who see themselves in all
And all in them help others through spiritual
Osmosis to realize the Self themselves.

- Katha 1.2.8

Absolutely, trust your direct experience over any teaching.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 hours ago, Moksha said:

@Godishere I don't think you're narcissistic, was just making a general observation :)

Solipsism is the belief that only your mind is sure to exist, and that other minds, as expressions of the same Consciousness, cannot be seen or confirmed.

However, most spiritual traditions hold that the same Self inhabits a multitude of beings, within the dream. Not only this, but when you awaken to your true nature within the dream, you see this same Self in others.

For example:

They live in wisdom who see themselves in all and all in them.

- Bhagavad Gita 2:55

The truth of the Self cannot come through one
Who has not realized that he is the Self.
The intellect cannot reveal the Self,
Beyond its duality of subject
And object. Those who see themselves in all
And all in them help others through spiritual
Osmosis to realize the Self themselves.

- Katha 1.2.8

Absolutely, trust your direct experience over any teaching.

@Moksha after contemplating what you said, yes I do believe that the cosmos dies with 'me'. I am the entire cosmos, it exists right here, held within my consciousness including the duality and distinctions of here/there, life/death. I can become infinitely conscious and "poof" the entire cosmos disappears. Now that doesn't mean I can't imagine it again and if I was an all loving entity then it seems like a pretty good world to imagine. This doesn't conflate with the validity of your consciousness or existence and of course at some point in eternity its wise to say I would imagine your life. However we can only assume, these are all assumptions. What happens after the physical death of the body is always going to be an assumption just like what will happen tomorrow. 

Honestly, I think your missing something, because if you ask this same question in a 'state' of unity and oneness you will clearly see this is all that exists! Everything is a projection, which means as God you are alone. Now, what 'difference' is there between one state that reveals this unity and one that does not? Nothing! The difference is nothing.

Anyways, I'm not a fool (or am I?), I endeavour to treat others as if they are me in the next life and I try to live as conscious as possible in that regard. Once you discover the Truth or at least aspects of it, scriptures and teachings can become a hinderence on the path; call me arrogant but a psychedelic will teach more than any scripture. I can only validate or falsisfy what's true for myself and this is clearly the best way to progress at this level. With respect to Bhagavad Gita, one could easily argue he's pointing at Self Realization as the fabric of reality and the expansion of awareness. To conclude, I will still point to direct experience or Awareness. The thoughts are just assumptions and I'm not saying this from a solipsistic, nihilistic POV. I am Just stating what is directly True in my experience. Please, feel free to deconstruct my understanding and critique my development, I'm sure there's alot I'm still yet to become conscious of. 

Edited by Godishere

You've already got a default will before you write one, it's called the intestacy law (in the UK anyway). Your assets will be distributed to your relatives according to govt rules, and probably some lawyer you didn't choose makes a nice fee being your executor, or the heir hunters take a cut tracking down your relatives. If they can't find anyone the govt gets it. 

By the way October is free will month for us oldies (over 55s).  https://freewillsmonth.org.uk 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

I plan on making a will in the future and because I will have no successors and will be the last one alive in my family most likely I plan to have all of my assets donated to help children and animals in need.

@Godishere Maybe I'm not understanding your self-reference, so let me ask:

"yes I do believe that the cosmos dies with 'me'."

Are you referring to the "you" that is typing on this forum, and thereby excluding the "me" that is responding to you? Or are you talking about the Self, which is the essence of both "you" and "me"?

When you say, "I am the entire cosmos", it points to the latter, and if so I agree. Consciousness is all there is, including the apparent cosmos that it creates.

Ultimately, you can't become infinite Consciousness because you already are. Consciousness doesn't change, it is nondual, and it is beyond time and space. It only appears to change, and creates the appearance of separate beings, who reside in a relative cosmos of time and space. It is all an appearance, not ultimate reality.

When your apparent body is buried in the apparent ground, Consciousness still appears as other bodies not yet buried in the apparent ground.

I don't know if you have awakened, but if so, when you look into the eyes of the people around you, what do you see? Like you, I can only speak to my direct experience. I see the sameness of myself in others, and the sameness of others in me. The apparent individuality is not ultimately real, and this can be realized even within the dream.

17 hours ago, Godishere said:

What's everyone's thoughts on a will? As in, a legal declaration for your estate after you 'die'. Yes, I know death is iMaGiNarY.

This depends@Godishere . Is it a relatively nice estate? If so id be happy to accept it from you. Ya know, for... Love and metaphysics and stuff.?

7 hours ago, Moksha said:

you see this same Self in others.

a very beautiful part of awakening

On 10/21/2021 at 4:15 PM, Moksha said:

@Godishere Maybe I'm not understanding your self-reference, so let me ask:

"yes I do believe that the cosmos dies with 'me'."

Are you referring to the "you" that is typing on this forum, and thereby excluding the "me" that is responding to you? Or are you talking about the Self, which is the essence of both "you" and "me"?

When you say, "I am the entire cosmos", it points to the latter, and if so I agree. Consciousness is all there is, including the apparent cosmos that it creates.

Ultimately, you can't become infinite Consciousness because you already are. Consciousness doesn't change, it is nondual, and it is beyond time and space. It only appears to change, and creates the appearance of separate beings, who reside in a relative cosmos of time and space. It is all an appearance, not ultimate reality.

When your apparent body is buried in the apparent ground, Consciousness still appears as other bodies not yet buried in the apparent ground.

I don't know if you have awakened, but if so, when you look into the eyes of the people around you, what do you see? Like you, I can only speak to my direct experience. I see the sameness of myself in others, and the sameness of others in me. The apparent individuality is not ultimately real, and this can be realized even within the dream.

Although I am more of a Buddhist slant than Hindu/Advaita (emptiness vs fullness, you know the drill ;) Same thing anyway), I agree wholeheartedly with your stance here, and with the general push against solipsism. People are quick to take individual perception as belonging to God, who then becomes centered as themselves. Ergo, everyone is their imagination except themselves, since they are God. But God (or Self, or consciousness, or reality, or whatever term we want) is not bound by this stupid duality of One Real vs the Imagined, or One vs Many viewpoints. The Absolute transcends self and other, here and there, this or that. Neti neti. Believing that our body/perception alone is real is one step along the path for some, but definitely not the end. 

@OneHandClap I agree. The human mind loves to localize and categorize. God is me, but not you. Hinduism is true, but Christianity is not. Awakening is realizing that ultimately, God is beyond everywhere, nowhere, everything, and nothing. God is all, including the appearance of the confused human mind that cannot comprehend its creator.

Words, attempting to describe the indescribable, and meaningless until there is a direct seeing.