Truth

The Afterlife

40 posts in this topic

@JayySur  the conclusion I draw from this is that, this is just something I think about. And me realizing that is what will satisfy me cause I can't really know for sure. Just like 30 minutes from now, I don't really know what will happen but I can think about it

@Terell Kirby this tells me theres no point, its totally free and truly unknowable, but I can guess, and decide how I feel about these facts

@Kensho I feel if I knew I could be more confident throughtout the rest of my life considering I'll be living the next 30-40 years if I don't die. But if I do die soon I think i'd be very unhappy and be like what the fuck was the point of that. 

@Blackhawk So theres not much of a point to listen to other people? I just know there's gotta be something more than just this. Cause honestly, life just feels like a grind, and theres aboslutely no real reason to do anything except live it. Which I just can't seem to get motivated to do. Like i wanna be so motivated that even when I'm incredibly unmotivated I'm still incredibly ruthlessly motivated you know what I mean? 

@Loba thank you :)

@Moksha this makes me appreciate being human and alive and aware. Thank you. 

@Matthew85 thank you I'l have to check that out :)

@BipolarGrowth I love that and I think that is the goal. Thank you. 

@Kuba Powiertowski i mean it has to, we all gotta continue living right? Haha

@Gili Trawangan This is what I'm realizing. I feel I need to truly embrace this idea. 

Memento Mori

@Shin lol I love that. Although i do know the death state has to be different from this state. It has to be. Right?

@Ry4n thats crazy. I haven't been in a situation like that at all and I'm 29 haha. But I do watch a lot of murder mysteries and True crime, so I can see it happening. 

@Nahm Maybe the problem is I do want there to be more cause I feel I have less. Thank you. 

Memento Mori

54 minutes ago, Truth said:

@Shin lol I love that. Although i do know the death state has to be different from this state. It has to be. Right?

@Ry4n thats crazy. I haven't been in a situation like that at all and I'm 29 haha. But I do watch a lot of murder mysteries and True crime, so I can see it happening. 

@Nahm Maybe the problem is I do want there to be more cause I feel I have less. Thank you. 

Death state is a concept in your head just like santa claus.

I'm not saying that the "truth" character is immortal, it will die, as in not being part of God's current experience.

But you're not "truth", you're God bullshitting himself he's just "truth", fearing it can die lol

It's like having a dream, and you die in the dream, and then you continue the dream the same, just in a different body.

What is dead there ? Except an idea of what you were, nothing.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Lol, is clear noone here has a clue what happens when you die, why cant you just admit it instead of using non-dual jargon.

Except for Shin, he seems more reasonable. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Truth

Ya man, and if ya look around enough there isn’t even the problem. This just keeps on keepin on. This just keeps bein the answer so to speak. Beautiful really. Perfect. Problemnessless. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Lol, is clear noone here has a clue what happens when you die, why cant you just admit it instead of using non-dual jargon.

Except for Shin, he seems more reasonable. 

How do you know that death is real? 

@Truth

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

How do you know that death is real? 

@Truth

1.People in my society die all the time, Im a human or atleast identified as one, so I conclude that I wont be here for ever.

2.I fear dangerous things, it prevents me from harming my body, so I assume that means if my body goes I will die.

3.An intutition that I will die. 

13 minutes ago, Rilles said:

1.People in my society die all the time, Im a human or atleast identified as one, so I conclude that I wont be here for ever.

2.I fear dangerous things, it prevents me from harming my body, so I assume that means if my body goes I will die.

3.An intutition that I will die. 

1. That doesn't count.  Sure you see "others" dying. But how do you know that you are going to die? Isn't it true that you are imagining death? 

How do you know that you are human? Isn't that just a thought? 

2. Exactly. You "assume" that. It's just an assumption. 

3.  Doesn't count as evidence. 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

1. That doesn't count.  Sure you see "others" dying. But how do you know that you are going to die? Isn't it true that you are imagining death? 

How do you know that you are human? Isn't that just a thought? 

2. Exactly. You "assume" that. It's just an assumption. 

3.  Doesn't count as evidence. 

I imagine alot of things that turn out to be helpful. I can imagine myself cutting myself with a knife and thus it prevents me from harming.

Obviously death is a thought because I am not experiencing it right now. 

I dont see how realizing that death is a thought will help me though... So what, I obviously wont be Rilles forever, something will happen called "death" but I dont know what it is.

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Obviously death is a thought because I am not experiencing it right now. 

I dont see how realizing that death is a thought will help me though... So what, I obviously wont be Rilles forever, something will happen called "death" but I dont know what it is.

No. I'm talking about a radical realization. You don't actually know what is going on here. All these ideas about "something will happen called death" are pure fantasy.  But you are rather in a monkey mindish mode right now that you can't believe that. And that's OK. But just stay open to what I'm suggesting. That you actually don't and can't know if death is real. 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No. I'm talking about a radical realization. You don't actually know what is going on here. All these ideas about "something will happen called death" are pure fantasy.  But you are rather in a monkey mindish mode right now that you can't believe that. And that's OK. But just stay open to what I'm suggesting. That you actually don't and can't know if death is real. 

Got it. Im open to that. :)

16 minutes ago, Someone here said:

If anything, it's your ideas about death which are pure fantasy.

16 hours ago, Moksha said:

The afterlife is no less real than this life. Does the dream end when this form ends? I don't know. I've read some credible NDE's that suggest it may not. It's possible the dream continues, through your dream character, in another form. If you read the mystics, they believed that even within the dream, we create impressions that carry forward into another form. Eventually, when you are ready, the cycle stops and the dream ends.

I have not directly realized this, but the Upanishads suggest the possibility:

He who is dying merges in consciousness, and thus consciousness accompanies him when he departs, along with the impressions of all that he has done, experienced, and known.

As a caterpillar, having come to the end of one blade of grass, draws itself together and reaches for the next, so the Self, having come to the end of one life and dispelled all ignorance, gathers in his faculties and reaches out from the old body to a new.

When the dweller in the body breaks out
In freedom from the bonds of flesh,
What remains?...

I will tell you
Of this unseen, eternal Brahman, and
What befalls the Self after death. Of those
Unaware of the Self, some are born as
Embodied creatures while others remain
In a lower stage of evolution,
As determined by their own need for growth.

See, even the Upanishads say that our bodies will die and that something will happen.

I think reports about near death experiences are interesting.

@Blackhawk I don't care what the Upanishads say. 

Truth must be mine. Can't borrow it from somewhere else. Then it becomes a belief. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Blackhawk I don't care what the Upanishads say. 

Truth must be mine. Can't borrow it from somewhere else. Then it becomes a belief. 

Some people are so afraid of death that they even deny that the body will die. Such utter and complete nonsense is triggering, it's so insane that it's painful to read.

Edited by Blackhawk

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Some people are so afraid of death that they even deny that the body will die. Such utter and complete nonsense is triggering, it's so insane that it's painful to read.

?⏳✅

I've had a near nde (near near lol), there is an afterlife and the physical body does die, the consciousness goes on, like a bubble in soda pop, that is the soul.  Most folks here have not had a brush with real death to really make an appropriate assessment, they are youths who think they will live forever which is one of the follies of youth surprisingly enough. ?

Edited by Loba

On 10/20/2021 at 7:28 PM, Terell Kirby said:

An afterlife is pure fiction, a mind construction that has no substance to it..at all.

Afterlife is as real as your current life.

“Pure fiction, no substance to it all”.

So yes after life does exist, life after life, you reincarnate an infinite amount of times for eternity to aid in universal expansion.

Tired of all you denying physical temporal reality in favor of absolute reality, hold space for both, that’s where you find truth

You mental masturbation nerd know-it-alls.

”I don’t exist, nothing is real, me so enlightened hehe!”

This video resonated with me:

It might have a depressive tone to it but my experience of being out of my body for a short time was nothing but positive.

Clean your mind

16 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Well it's possible that you reincarnate into another plane of existence in the same body, like heaven for christian.

Doesn't change the fact that you as God is imagining that too, as so many other beliefs like reincarnation in Buddhism.

It doesn't matter what happens after death, it's still something you imagine, cause nothing else exist than imagination xD

Now I see a lot of people conflating the absolute versus the relative, it's fair to assume than when the body dies, the ego associated with it dies too, and that's a legit thing to be scared about (spiritual bypassing this by holding a non dual belief isn't helping you in any way).

What we're saying is that you can realize you're not the ego, and therefore death isn't so scary anymore, cause it's just an event inside infinity/God/You.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them