omar30

what is the single most important habit to build ?

21 posts in this topic

For who? For what aim? By being so ambiguous you're also asking how to orient your entire life. Different habits create different results in life.

Perhaps this question suggests habits are the main determining factor in life, but your worldview and epistemology are more important. I would say using awareness is the most important habit you can build. 

Working out is the single most important habit of all. This proved itself in my life multiple times. If you are not working out then doing so will upgrade your life the most. 

Presence.

It is less a habit, than the decluttering of the dysfunctional habits you have developed over the course of your life.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Obviously it's relative. 

But for shits and giggles, I'm gunna say...

The habit of bringing awareness to what is happening right now; externally and internally.  Just being able to go through life, getting knocked around, losing consciousness of what you're doing and what's happening and just going on auto, and then being able to reset and get back on track with awareness and slowing doing and being more aware of what you're doing so you can catch yourself if you're doing something out of alignment and then adjusting and realigning from there.  

But it starts with knowing you're out of alignment.

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

i would also say mindfulness as the #1 habit

but also - the best habit is really relative to the individual as each person and situation is different 

I want to say daily meditation because it acts as a reset. Awarness alone is curative.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

everyone is saying meditation is a good habit to have BUT  from my own experience Strictly following meditation every day has its downfalls, part of creating habits is to eventually make that action habitual or mechanical / a subconscious automation... the more automated the less conscious it becomes, eventually you just sit there with you eyes closed to "clock in" for your meditator identity. After more than a year of mediating every day I found it was getting less useful, so I stopped for a few days. However, when i decided to sit back down again and meditate that brief break i had allowed be to take a meta-position and really review what it means to meditate properly, the first meditation back was profoundly deep and allowed me to consciously engage and be more Fully present then the 365th day of meditation... i guess the key here is that Meta Meditation is the way lol  

Hmmmmmmmm...toss-up between respiration and nutrient intake. Both very necessary habits for living. Most important is relative.

Self-Reflection so that someone's is aware what is going on and develop the wisdom to make appropriate decisions.