Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Mystic diary part 2

20 posts in this topic

Add notes later. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Terry and Gwen Sherman from the skinwalker ranch 1994.

I gotta tell you this story that was told to me by a friend who was an LDS missionary on an indian reservation. When he was telling me this, I could tell by his tone, expression and body language that his perception of what he saw was exactly as he described, and I believe him. He and his mission companion had been proselyting on the reservation in Arizona. The area they were assigned to was rather large, but they knew a lot of the citizens there, and they were very friendly and kind to the missionaries. They had of course, told the missionaries about the skin walkers, and warned them about the skin walkers. They were teaching a particular man about the LDS faith, and he was always kind and polite to them. One evening, they went to visit with him, and he seemed agitated, and told them they needed to leave, without giving a particular cause, but, they left as requested. It was getting to be about dusk, and they started to head back to their trailer for the night. As they were driving at about 60 mph, they looked over and saw what he described to me as a cryptid. He said that if they had just driven past it, they wouldn't have believed their eyes, but this thing, which he described as deer like, but with human features, (nose and mouth specifically) was keeping up with the car. He said it was less than a foot next to the drivers side. They sped up, and it kept up with them. I asked him if he had mistaken it for an antelope, but he swore it was no antelope, he knew what they look like as he had hunted them before. Also, antelope can run up to 55 mph. He again, reiterated that this was no antelope. He said they didn't see antelope in that area, and they were going well over 70 trying to get away from it, but it kept up. He said that it was looking at them through the window the entire time, with a sort of bizarre smile. He was in the passenger's seat, and began to pray because he was so scared, and it was a prayer that he was saying out loud. The "skinwalker" as he called it, started to lose power, and disappeared as quickly as it showed up.

I really like this series. I’ve been interested in skinwalkers since I first heard of them and even more so since I got my dog. He sometimes makes me think he might be a skinwalker. He’s pretty small and not deformed in any way so he doesn’t really match your description of them but he doesn’t act like any other dog I’ve met. Sometimes he chases after toys and runs around like any normal dog but sometimes he seems more human. There are times when I’d swear he understands English. And once, I looked over at him and his eyes looked like human eyes. When he noticed me looking at him, he blinked and they went back to being normal dog eyes but for a second it looked like he was lost in thought and his eyes were definitely human. I also sometimes hear human footsteps upstairs when I’m the only one in the house. Although for a long time I was just attributing that to the ghosts. There’s one ghost that really likes to mess with me and it’d be exactly the kind of thing he’d do.

So someone may have mentioned this already, and I'm sure someone did, but the parallels between mothman and the Cornish owlman are worth noting.

The Mothman is similar to a Legend in Britain known as the "Skree of Culloden"in which a creature with 'leathery bat like wings, burning red eyes and the head of man" appeared before The Scottish Jacobite army encampment on the evening of the 15th April, 1748. The Beast shrieked and screamed at the Scots until they began to shoot at it, in which it vanished and was never seen again. One man who confirmed the sighting was Lord George Murray, who was known by many to be a rational and level headed individual. The next day, the Scottish rebels were crushed by the English army, suffering huge casualties, leading many of the surviving scots the believe the creature was a ill omen and harbinger of failure and death.

Edited by Preety_India

Lately I have been fascinated by the Amityville horror story and I'm diving deeper into it to know more about the paranormal. 

Some people say it's all fake but I don't wish to discredit it without doing a bit of research. 

I'm collecting bits and pieces of information on this mystery. 

And it's fascinating so far. 

The defeo incident occurred on November 13. 

13 number has always been a significant element in the world of the paranormal. 

I really don't believe much about what Ed and Lorraine Warren talk about this incident. I just never felt that they were very honest about all the details. 

I don't know what to make of the Lutz version though 

My thoughts on this mystery are kinda scattered. 

I can't process it just yet. 

I am still trying to gather and reorganize my thoughts on this incident and trying to make sense of the paranormal nature of incident. 

This situation is not easy. 

On one hand when I watched the documentary on this incident, the Amityville documentary part 2,3 etc it made me rethink about this whole incident and It felt for a while as though everything about it was fake from the get go except the Defeo incident. 

Yet there are still pieces of the puzzle that don't make a lot of sense to me. 

At the surface it looks like a regular incident. 

Yet when I scratch the surface I see different elements that are very mysterious to me

In order to study this whole incident I'll need to start from the very beginning of everything.

Like at the start of the Timeline as to where it began, how it evolved over time, the general observations and the "before" and "aftermath" of the whole incident as well as tracking the paranormal activity in the place. 

This will involve a whole lot of research from the ground up. 

This won't be easy. 

I also plan to contact people who are associated with this incident as I plan to write more about it in the future. 

In order to study this whole incident I'll need to start from the very beginning of everything.

Like at the start of the Timeline as to where it began, how it evolved over time, the general observations and the "before" and "aftermath" of the whole incident as well as tracking the paranormal activity in the place. 

This will involve a whole lot of research from the ground up. 

This won't be easy. 

I also plan to contact people who are associated with this incident as I plan to write more about it in the future. 

Ronald  DeFeo Jr. (September 26, 1951 – March 12, 2021) was an American mass murderer who was tried and convicted for the 1974 killings of his father, mother, two brothers, and two sisters in Amityville, Long Island, New York. Condemned to six sentences of 25 years to life, DeFeo died in custody in 2021. The case inspired the book and film versions of The Amityville Horror.

Around 6:30 p.m. on November 13, 1974, 23-year-old DeFeo entered Henry's Bar in Amityville, Long Island, New York, and declared: "You got to help me! I think my mother and father are shot!" DeFeo and a small group of people went to 112 Ocean Avenue, which was located near the bar, and found that DeFeo's parents were dead inside the house. One of the group, DeFeo's friend Joe Yeswit, made an emergency call to the Suffolk County Police Department, who searched the house and found that six members of the family were dead in their beds.

The victims were Ronald Jr.'s parents: Ronald DeFeo Sr. (43) and Louise DeFeo (née Brigante, 43); and his four siblings: Dawn (18), Allison (13), Marc (12), and John Matthew (9). All of the victims had been shot with  lever action Marlin rifle around three o'clock in the morning of that day. The DeFeo parents had both been shot twice, while the children had all been killed with single shots. Physical evidence suggests that Louise DeFeo and her daughter Allison were both awake at the time of their deaths. According to Suffolk County Police, the victims were all found lying face down in bed.The DeFeo family had occupied 112 Ocean Avenue since purchasing it in 1965. The six victims were later buried in nearby Saint Charles Cemetery in Farmingdale.

Ronald DeFeo Jr., also known as "Butch", was the eldest son of the family and its lone surviving member. He was taken to the local police station for his own protection after suggesting to police officers at the scene of the crime that the killings had been carried out by a mob hit man, Louis Falini. However, an interview at the station soon exposed serious inconsistencies in his version of events. The following day, he confessed to carrying out the killings himself; and Falini, the alleged hitman, had an alibi proving he was out of state at the time of the killings. DeFeo told detectives: "Once I started, I just couldn't stop. It went so fast". He admitted that he had taken a bath and redressed, and detailed where he had discarded crucial evidence such as blood־stained clothes, the Marlin rifle and cartridges before going to work as usual. 

All six of the victims were found face down in their beds with no signs of a struggle. The police investigation concluded that the rifle had not been fitted with a sound suppressor and found evidence of sedatives having been administered. DeFeo admitted during his interrogation that he had drugged his family. However, the autopsy report indicated otherwise, per the doctor, "We did extensive toxicology not only on the blood and urine but on all of the organs that we removed and it turned up zero that there wasn’t anything in their body," Dr. Adelman explained. Neighbors did not report hearing any gunshots being fired, and those who were awake at the time of the murders simply heard the family's sheep dog, Shaggy, barking.

DeFeo had a volatile relationship with his father, but the motive for the killings remains unclear. He asked police what he had to do in order to collect on his father's life insurance, which prompted the prosecution to suggest at trial that his motive was to collect on the life insurance policies of his parents.

After his conviction, DeFeo gave several varying accounts of how the killings were carried out. In a 1986 interview for Newsday, DeFeo claimed his sister Dawn killed their father and then their distraught mother killed all of his siblings, apparently with a Smith & Wesson revolver, before he killed his mother. He stated that he took the blame because he was afraid to say anything negative about his mother to her father, Michael Brigante Sr., and his father's uncle, out of fear that they would kill him. His father's uncle was Peter DeFeo, a caporegime in the Genovese crime family. In this interview, DeFeo also asserted he was married at the time of the murders to a woman named Geraldine Gates, with whom he was living in New Jersey, and that his mother phoned to ask him to return to Amityville to break up a fight between Dawn and their father. Subsequently, he drove to Amityville with Geraldine's brother, Richard Romondoe, who was with him at the time of the murders and could verify his story completely.

In 1990, DeFeo filed a 440 motion, a proceeding to have his conviction vacated. In support of his motion, DeFeo asserted that Dawn and an unknown assailant, who fled the house before he could get a good look at him, killed their parents and Dawn subsequently killed their siblings. He said the only person he killed was Dawn and that it was by accident as they struggled over the rifle. Again, he asserted he was married to Geraldine and that her brother was with him at the time of the murders. An affidavit from Richard Romondoe was submitted to the court and it was asserted he could not be located to testify in person. Evidence was submitted to the court by the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office suggesting that Richard Romondoe did not exist and that Geraldine Gates was living in upstate New York married to someone else at the time of the murders. Geraldine Gates did not testify at this hearing because the authorities had already confronted her about the false claims and in 1992 secured a statement under oath where she admitted Romondoe was fictitious and that she did not actually marry DeFeo until 1989 in anticipation of the filing of the 440 motion.

Judge Stark denied the motion, writing, "I find the testimony of the defendant overall to be false and fabricated. His testimony that during the fall of 1974 he was married and lived with his wife and child at Long Branch, New Jersey is incredible and not worthy of belief. He produced no corroborating evidence in this regard... another reason for my disbelief of defendant's testimony is demonstrated by consideration of several portions of the trial testimony... he signed a lengthy written statement describing in detail his activities... in this statement he said that he lived with his family at 112 Ocean Avenue in Amityville and that he worked for his father... that he usually went to and from work with his father; that he was ill and stayed home from work on November 12, 1974; that he was on probation for having stolen an outboard engine and had an appointment to see his probation officer in Amityville on that very afternoon... defendant's girlfriend, Mindy Weiss, testified that she began dating the defendant in June 1974, and was with him frequently that summer and fall". Stark further declared, "Defendant's testimony that he did not shoot and kill the members of his family is likewise incredible and not worthy of belief".

On November 30, 2000, DeFeo met with Ric Osuna, the author of The Night the DeFeos Died, which was published in 2002. According to Osuna they spoke for about six hours. However, in a letter to the radio show host Lou Gentile, DeFeo denied giving Ric Osuna information that could be used in his book, claiming that he immediately left the interview and did not speak to Osuna about anything substantive.

According to Osuna, DeFeo claimed that he had committed the murders with his sister Dawn and two friends, Augie Degenero and Bobby Kelske, "out of desperation" because his parents had plotted to kill him. Allegedly, DeFeo claimed that, after a furious row with his father, he and his sister planned to kill their parents and that Dawn murdered the children in order to eliminate them as witnesses. He said that he was enraged on discovering his sister's actions, knocked her unconscious on to her bed and shot her in the head. Police found traces of unburned gunpowder on Dawn's nightgown, which DeFeo proponents allege proves she discharged a firearm. However, at trial, the ballistics expert, Alfred Della Penna, testified that unburned gunpowder is discharged through the muzzle of a weapon, indicating that she was in proximity to the muzzle of the weapon when it was discharged and not that she fired the weapon. He reiterated this on an A&E Amityville documentary that is extensively discussed in Will Savive's Mentally Ill In Amityville. Savive had an expert evaluate Della Penna's assessment and the expert confirmed that he was correct. Moreover, the medical examiner found nothing to indicate that Dawn had been in a struggle; the bullet wound was the only fresh mark on her body.

Joe Nickell notes that given the frequency with which DeFeo has changed his story over the years, any new claims from him regarding the events that took place on the night of the murders should be approached with caution.

Most of the claims made in Ric Osuna's book are sourced to DeFeo's ex-wife, Geraldine Gates. While in the 1986 interview with Newsday, she asserted she married DeFeo in 1974, in Osuna's book, she alleges they married in 1970. Their 1993 divorce case says that they met in 1985, married in 1989, and divorced in 1993.

Ric Osuna's book was adapted into a docudrama titled Shattered Hopes: The True Story of the Amityville Murders. The film, released on December 16, 2011, was written, directed and produced by Ryan Katzenbach and featuring narration by veteran actor Ed Asner, examines all aspects of the Amityville case, with a strong focus on the DeFeo family and the events surrounding their murders.

Edited by Preety_India

Just a general look at the house. I would have loved to watch an actual inside tour room by room. 

In order to understand this better I'll need to study the entire Timeline of the events to get a better picture. 

John and Catherine Moynahan started building their dream home here in 1924, and they lived in the house happily for many years. Then, in 1965, their descendants sold the home to the DeFeos, a seemingly happy and well-off family with Italian roots, who left Brooklyn for Long Island. This is when things started to fall apart for the Amityville house. 

The DeFeo family had 7 members: Ronald DeFeo Sr., his wife Louise, and their children, 23-year-old Ronald “Butch” DeFeo Jr., 18-year-old Dawn, 13-year-old Allison, 12-year-old Marc, and 9-year-old John Matthew.

The eldest son, Ronald, or Ronnie, as friends called him, was a troubled young man who wasn’t able to find his place in the world, who couldn’t hold down a job, and who was in constant fights with his father. 

Edited by Preety_India