Maru

Is it really possible to be unconscious?

14 posts in this topic

Iv just been wondering, Is het possible to experience not being conscious of anything?

I have fainted in the past and the the moment i was unconscious was as if it never happened. 

Sleep seems to be the same. I'm ether conscious of dreams or it is as if it never happened.

I don't even know what to think of death.

@Maru No, but you can imagine that you've been.

The truth is that awareness can never experience being unconscious, it's impossible.

How are you conscious of being unconscious?

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Consciousness is always aware, even when it seems not to be. It imagines moving between the dreaming and the waking state, but it is still aware, regardless of the apparent state. No matter where it swims, the fish never closes its eyes. ?

It is said of these states of consciousness that in the dreaming state, when one is sleeping, the shining Self, who never dreams, who is ever awake, watches by his own light the dreams woven out of past deeds and present desires…

But he is not affected by anything because he is detached and free; and after wandering here and there in the state of dreaming, enjoying pleasures and seeing good and evil, he returns to the state from which he began.

As a great fish swims between the banks of a river as it likes, so does the shining Self move between the states of dreaming and waking.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Its a nice idea. The idea I will always be conscious and the worse that can happen is that I forget.

@Maru

That's the huge insight that should be realized directly. It's impossible to be NOT aware because you are AWARENESS and not just a human being... the fear of death drops significantly after realizing this in the direct experience.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, allislove said:

@Maru

That's the huge insight that should be realized directly. It's impossible to be NOT aware because you are AWARENESS and not just a human being... the fear of death drops significantly after realizing this in the direct experience.

It is kind of silly. Why did I not think of it before....

40 minutes ago, HypnoticMagician said:

go throw yourself out of window.

No thanks. Life is amazing. 

19 hours ago, Maru said:

Iv just been wondering, Is is possible to experience not being conscious of anything?

Yes. That’s usually pointed to with the phrase, The Truth. Include experience, in anything. 

I have fainted in the past and the the moment i was unconscious was as if it never happened. 

Yes. That “I” never happened. Or, happened precisely as experienced, a thought. 

Sleep seems to be the same. I'm ether conscious of dreams or it is as if it never happened.

When you are conscious of dreams there’s no you and dreams.

I don't even know what to think of death.

Perfect. ?? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

24 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@Maru are you even conscious right now? 

I think so. What else would i be? A figment of your imagination?

@Maru aha beautiful ?.

"I think so." 

You only think you are conscious that's all. This then leaves space to create its shadow, unconsciousness.

Edited by Fearless_Bum

2 hours ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@Maru aha beautiful ?.

"I think so." 

You only think you are conscious that's all. This then leaves space to create its shadow, unconsciousness.

But can i experience unconsciousness? I mean i have been unconscious in the past, but i am only conscious of it because there is a gap in my memory. 

I am talking about direct experience now from perspective of my ego. Not about all the things in the universe outside of my ego which i am unconscious of right now.  In that sense you could say i am more unconscious now then conscious. 

25 minutes ago, Maru said:

But can i experience unconsciousness? I mean i have been unconscious in the past, but i am only conscious of it because there is a gap in my memory. 

The Self that you are is always aware. The human brain is not. Even in your deepest, dreamless sleep the Self within is still entirely aware. Pure awareness is what it actually is.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.