Raphael

How Do You Organize Your Personal Development?

8 posts in this topic

I'm currently improving my organization system. I would like to get more insights here so I have a few questions:

• How do you find time between a full-time job and personal development?
  • How do you organize your weeks between work and thinking/strategizing/doing personal development?
  • What tools do you use?
  • How do you track yourself?
  • How do you plan, strategize, and prioritize?
  • Do you have any good resources for setting up a system for personal development?

If you have more insights, I'll appreciate them.

2 hours ago, Droo_ said:

Do you use a commonplace journal?

Yes, I use Notion. I have a list of things to do, a calendar, a vision, book notes and more inside it. I'm just curious how other people are doing things.

Edited by Raphael

Thank god that I do not have to work so I could do some stuff for me
That is how it looks today

Pushups 10,10,10

Backtrain 50,50,50

Visualize:

Meditation 

1,1,3,,,1,1,3,,,1,1,3,,,1,1,3,,,1,1,3,,,1,1,3,,,  30

Dig work:

1,1,2,,,2,2,2,,,2,2,2,,,2,2,3,,,5,5,3,,,3,3        42

Work: 3,3,3,,,3,3,3,,,3,3,3,,,3

Fun: 3,1,3,,,3,3,3,,,3,3,3,,,3,3,3,,3

The numbers are minutes except for the training

Edited by Epikur

22 hours ago, Raphael said:

I'm currently improving my organization system. I would like to get more insights here so I have a few questions:

• How do you find time between a full-time job and personal development?
    • I use the time that I have for myself towards personal devlopment because that is what I enjoy doing and it's a necessity of sorts as a part of me taking care of myself. It's kind of like finding the time to shower or relax. 
  • How do you organize your weeks between work and thinking/strategizing/doing personal development?
    • I focus more on self development when I'm on break. I also try to find opportunities to grow as a person within my work as a way of integrating both what I need to do for school and what I want to be. 
  • What tools do you use?
    • I mainly journal, meditate, contemplate, and take time for myself to relax. Therapy is also something that is immensely helpful. 
  • How do you track yourself?
    • I use spiral dynamics and 9 stages of ego development maybe once every 6 months to gage where I'm at in this journey. I try not to think about these models too much so I can continue to grow in a way that is most natural to me rather than going with a rigid structure. I also keep defined goals and check in with myself once a week or so. I have my thinking process mapped out in this journal 
  • How do you plan, strategize, and prioritize?
    • I would say that the journal I linked above is a good example of how I plan, strategize, and prioritize. It's going to be different for everyone but this is how I just do things. 
  • Do you have any good resources for setting up a system for personal development?
    • Nah... I'm mainly just doing my own thing. 

Edited by soos_mite_ah

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

For me it's pretty simple, I set aside 3 basic time slots in my day:

WORK: To make money day to day, takes up 25-50% of the day

PLAY: My personal reward after work. Usually playing music, binge watching and/or hanging out with friends

PURPOSE: I spend the last 3-4 hours of my day really focusing in on personal development, mental/physical health, being spiritual, working towards my purpose, and building my dreams.

This works great for me.

Edited by EternalForest