Focus Shift

Are We The Worst Generation Ever?

27 posts in this topic

Gen Z and Millennials have both been referred to as the worst generation ever. They are referred to as snowflakes because they are viewed as more sensitive, and less prepared than young people in previous generations. Younger people today are viewed as struggling with adulthood. Younger people blame the older generations for not preparing them for life. What are some of the reasons the youth of today struggle with "growing up", and what can be done moving forward?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggS_uMh7sjY&t=25s

Edited by Focus Shift

Connect with us here:

https://linktr.ee/focusshiftmedia

This silly to consider when you think about all the horrors of generations before.

Slavery, pillaging, genocide, holocaust, oppression of women/minorities are just to name a couple.

Older generations will often have a negative take on younger generations, simply because they don't understand how the evolution of culture and consciousness works.

Edited by Terell Kirby

The world which young people are growing up into these days is more like peak stage orange with less of the safety nets and community support which stage blue provided. I'm a UK baby boomer, when I was growing up we had a welfare state, strong unions, jobs for life, pension schemes, community spirit, nationalisation, student grants etc. The economy wobbled in the late 70s, then along came the 80s, Thatcherism, monetarism, privatisation, individualism run riot over the old order and today there's more a sense of having to make your own way. But there's more freedom too, more entrepreneurship, it's better for small businesses. This is what people have voted for over the years, it's tough for young people, I don't blame them at all and I wouldn't call anyone a snowflake. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

I remember when I was in school, the teacher would shout at us and tell us that we were the worst generation that she saw.

My father has the same memory.

So, it's either that every generation is worse than before, or that reincarnation is real :)

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

They've had the most communist propaganda throw at them with attacks on the nuclear family.

Throw in the highest % of fatherless households. 

God is neutral and loves all, he gives us the choice. We are here for the contrast. My choice is that communists are NOT people. 

The worst generation was ironically The Greatest Generation born from 1901-1927, the literally almost ended the world with their bullshit wars. Millennials are saints compared to them. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 hours ago, GoobyBooby said:

God is neutral and loves all, he gives us the choice. We are here for the contrast. My choice is that communists are NOT people. 

If there is hope for you, it's because you found a forum where many of the members see a statement like this and just smile with compassion. 

@GoobyBooby

On 19/10/2021 at 8:50 AM, GoobyBooby said:

They've had the most communist propaganda throw at them with attacks on the nuclear family.

Throw in the highest % of fatherless households. 

Yes, God is impartial and loves all.

That's how you know if someone has no brain power whatsoever if they judge you based on your generation.xDxDxD:P

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

No way

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 10/18/2021 at 3:30 PM, Focus Shift said:

What are some of the reasons the youth of today struggle with "growing up", and what can be done moving forward?

There is a pandemic happening, there was a recession, and we are in late stage capitalism where we have little to no safety nets. Wages have been stagnating and we have issues with medical and student debt. As a result, people under 40 are taking longer to attain traditional signifiers of adulthood like kids, houses, retirement funds, and jobs with decent benefits. Just because those signifiers are missing doesn't mean that we are any less of an adult. 

On top of that, it's not like the boomer didn't struggle when they were young. They were probably just as confused, scared, and done with life as we are now. The difference is that a lot of that could be covered up and they would look like they have their shit together because of the traditional signifiers of adulthood since they had the financial means to do so. Additionally, conversations around mental health were pretty much nonexistant back then so if you were in you mid 20s and you were having issues, you'd probably take it out on your spouse or kids instead of working through it alone or in a healthy way since things like therapy or talking about how you are struggling were stigmatized.  

I watch a video a while back on how just because you grow up fast doesn't mean you grow up right. Granted I wasn't alive back then but imo rushing into a marriage, kids, and a house in your mid 20s just because you can and you're expected to doesn't seem like a good idea. And I think the silver lining of people under 40 nowadays taking longer to reach certain adult milestones is that we are thinking through things more, not necessarily because we want to but because we have to due to our circumstances. 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=adult+it+slow 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

On 10/18/2021 at 4:30 PM, Focus Shift said:

Gen Z and Millennials have both been referred to as the worst generation ever. They are referred to as snowflakes because they are viewed as more sensitive, and less prepared than young people in previous generations. Younger people today are viewed as struggling with adulthood. Younger people blame the older generations for not preparing them for life. What are some of the reasons the youth of today struggle with "growing up", and what can be done moving forward?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggS_uMh7sjY&t=25s

lol the irony of that statement

the present is not perfect, but before ... uniformity, fear of being different, hatred of the different, repression, castrated and cowardly people who just wanted to fit in. hell. what happens is that the very idiots were delighted to fit into their hell

zoomers can be snowflakes and weak, but the devastated future that the boomers gave them is not inspiring or hopeful.

Maybe Hollywood (cinema/TV) "science" is destroying minds, so the more you live the more you get brain-washed...

Lots of good things are coming from Gen Z recently.

They are challenging a lot of ways even Millennials have been doing things.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. It's boomers that are actually the worst generation ever, and the ones perpetuating so much of the awful things going on in the world.

They were born in what is (so far by the looks of the future) the absolutely peak golden time to have been alive, post WW2 - Where nearly 75 million people died. Their parents had to completely abandon their lives to go fight and put an end to a pointless nationalist dick measuring contest (thank the superiority-complex German collective psyche for that btw, they shouldn't even be permitted to have an armed forces imho). 

While they were lucky enough to be raised in post war in the greatest economic explosion in human history, with mass industrialization for the first time being primarily geared towards propping up the living conditions of the middle class and individuals in general, instead of that wealth being siphoned for empires and imperial/colonial ambitions, where most people served the effort of their lives going towards that, in some form or another.

They could raise entire families, own a home, have money for travel, and fund hobbies/passions off of middle and borderline lower-class tier jobs that took little or no education. While that is heavily narrowing impossibility for younger generations, unless you are incredibly lucky enough to inherit wealth or have a 1 in 1000 business work out. Otherwise good fucking luck.

They had the chance and didn't think twice to rape the planet and exploit it causing irreversible damage, just for the sake of making their own lives increasingly more convenient and comfortable. They pissed it away to guarantee their pensions and temporary material security, not even for some sort of grand human project like planetary space travel, end world homelessness/hunger, or something similarly profound like we probably could have accomplished with all those resources the past 75 years. They won't be even around to pay the bill or experience the inevitable suffering that's coming either. They will get to ride out their twilight years drawing the last pensions that will ever exist, while having taxpayers and younger people slaving to keep their self inflicted diabetic and fat plaqued coronary arteries pumping their selfish hearts until they squeeze out the last beat.

They never had to do anything hard. Everything was handed to them on a silver platter. The cold war wasn't their struggle, and it wasn't any different to what's happening now with China. The threat of nuclear war has been present for everyone all the time. Every major power has been pointing nukes at each other since the 1950's when they were made. So it's absolutely not a unique anxiety for just them.

They have voted, lobbied, constructed, and perpetuated an economic and political capitalist system that is fundamentally corrupt at it's core, causing absurd amounts of inequality and injustices. A pyramid scheme that keeps those at the bottom in a black hole of misery, and those at the top get pulled up by a magical circle jerking magnet that is rigged to reward those who already have enough, to have even more. All while the only thing "trickling down" is the piss into the boot-licking mouths of people in the middle dumb enough to believe the fantasy that the system has their best interests at mind.

ALL this and they have the fucking audacity to call US entitled, and lazy, and to "pull up our bootstraps". It's the definition of pure projection, and a gap where their self-awareness should be that's more void than the emptiness of space itself. I don't know if you've noticed for you guys, but for me personally the most AWFUL, entitled, whiny, selfish, annoying, and unethical people I've ever met in my life have all coincidently been boomers;

- They created a toxic paranoid culture, where everyone fears each other and assumes the worst. They will sue you to ruin your life at any inconvenience or aggression towards them, accidental or not.

- They will resist and use their positions to vote down or conspire against any sort of meaningful political progress, or fairness in our economic systems.

- Their parents fought a war against evil and hatred of the other. Yet somehow the lesson wasn't passed on and they are close minded of, fearful of, and arrogant toward any minorities or marginalized groups or their movements. (Think ALL LIVES MATTER).

- They eat up and feed the conspiracy theories and ignorance that serves as fuel for the fire that keeps shit like this pandemic going on much longer than it has to. (If you are anti-vax btw please let me know so I can ban you.)

- They bitch and moan endlessly that things are falling apart when they have to wait just 2 minutes longer for a fucking cheeseburger at the drive thru, because believe it or not nobody wants to work in a garbage dystopian factory where you are expected to grind away for minimal pay while being treated as less than human.

Why is it no surprise that every Karen or mouth breathing muppet you see is a boomer? Exactly...

I could go on, but yeah. They are encompassingly deluded and actually have the negative credit to make accusations towards any other generation about anything. They have zero idea of their place in history and that no generation before or after them will have had access to the same era of potential and resources. The world will finally be able to grow up and move forward in a good way when they are all 6 feet under, worm meal, fertilizer.

Us, and future generations are going to inherit this world, and be left to clean up their sin and squander. They will rightly be looked back on in shame, and will deserve to have their graves pissed on. That's the only thing we're actually entitled to.

I know this post is full of shit, I know it's full of hate and envy, I know I am being incredibly harsh here, and I shouldn't generalize. Of course it's not all their fault and they are just ignorant like every human is to some degree (forgive them father, for they know what not they do.) I'm sure 100 years from now the same thing will be said about us. But I can't help to hold my tongue when something really needs be said.

If any ignorant boomer like what I've described here tries to argue with you, says you don't know anything because you're young, or does their usual spiel - Please give them the middle finger and tell them to go royally fuck themselves and jump on a spike.

hrhrhtewgfegege

No but I find people my age (Gen Z) insufferable much of the time. I blame it on social media. 

But then again, boomers are worse. 

Edited by Dryas