Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ivankiss

All There Is : SPT

22 posts in this topic

Sensation, perception, thought.

That's it.

That's all there is.

How can something this simple be so tricky and so complicated? Because thinking makes it seem so.

Only in thought can you try to outsmart yourself. Only in thought can you seek something other than what's already the case. Only in thought can you conclude there is something more to this.

Thought is of Truth, but not the entire Truth.

There are no 5 senses. There is one. There are no billions of perspectives. There is one. And the thought of many.

Look at your hand.

There is no hand.

There is nothing. And the thought of a hand.

Touch the wall. 

There is no wall.

There is only sensation. And the thought of you touching the wall.

Don't try to stop thinking. Just shift your focus on feeling. Whenever you find yourself lost or stuck, just breathe. Breathe until nothing but The Breath remains.

Ground yourself in feeling. Find that one thing you absolutely love and enjoy, and get lost in it. And if you're going to think, think creatively, with passion burning in your heart.

You are not bigger than Truth.

Truth is not bigger than You.

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

Don't try to stop thinking. Just shift your focus on feeling. Whenever you find yourself lost or stuck, just breathe. Breathe until nothing but The Breath remains.

This right here, this might be the best advice I've ever seen on this forum :x 

It's an unfortunate thing about a lot of people on the so-called spiritual path (and I very much include myself in this) that we think we'll manage to somehow arrive at the truth by thinking about stuff. But I know that for me personally, at any rate, the bulk of the inner work I've had to do has been on the level of feeling.

The mental realm feels safe in comparison to the realm of feeling and sensation, but more often than not people simply end up going up dead ends, and they stagnate.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

1 minute ago, RickyFitts said:

It's an unfortunate thing about a lot of people on the so-called spiritual path (and I very much include myself in this) that we think we'll manage to somehow arrive at the truth by thinking about stuff. But I know that for me personally, at any rate, the bulk of the inner work I've had to do has been on the level of feeling.

It's a paradox. If you never had the urge to think yourself to the "Truth" you would have never felt the deception that is thought itself. In order to be, we must unbecome. In under to unbecome, we must be.

25 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

It's a paradox. If you never had the urge to think yourself to the "Truth" you would have never felt the deception that is thought itself. In order to be, we must unbecome. In under to unbecome, we must be.

Very true - I think Adyashanti said it best: 'An intelligent mind realises its own limitations, and it's a beautiful thing when it does'. It's an unfortunate thing about us humans that we've evolved to constantly try to make mental sense of everything, when self-realisation and the true nature of reality is simply beyond the mind. The mind ends up forming a sort of safety net that gives us a false sense of security, but we have to be willing to feel the insecurity of not knowing in order to find true understanding.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

8 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Sensation, perception, thought.

That's it.

Yes. But let's really contemplate the amazing powers we have to sense, perceive and think ? 

One of the biggest traps is during the process we can throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

To feel deep Love for another and to receive it back is better than any drug in the world. 

To sense the enormity of one of the Worlds Seven Wonders can be mind blowing and life altering. 

To think about a piece of music, an amazing book or poem you have read, what a gift. 

But yes, thinking creatively with passion is no doubt the greatest gift. 

7 hours ago, Nos7algiK said:

@RickyFitts Well said. :)

Thanks! :) 

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

What is kundalini, chakras, etc.?

Feelings man. 

There is only One Awareness. 

Everything you ever experienced. 

You are imagining this. Nobody else was ever there. 

Wake up. 

You are Infinite Love. ?

Edited by Zeroguy

wonderful @ivankiss

sensation perception thinking is to demonstrate the false

now drop the false and all is good

@Nahm I know it all. 

Hardworking,responsible,honest, willpower. 

I will check everything out. Like all of it. 

Thyroid gland. 

Skip me guys. Ain't no your friend. 

Edited by Zeroguy

Just now, Nahm said:

No my man. 

Bit joking and over reacting. Judgemental mofo that loves actual Truth. Don't BS me please. 

Tried tested everything, also learned everything. 

Have my conclusion.

What you are going to do with your own life, your right. 

I have my rights to be mad + I am Extroverted thinker which has tribe as 1st priority not self. self is also part of the tribe. 

Skip this guy and take your own s with yourself. 

11 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

What makes something a sensation instead of a perception? To me it seems like both occur together and cannot be separated. 

Good point. And how about thoughts too, perhaps they are also a type of feeling within the mind, to which are associated meanings, like a connection between the thought-feeling "tree" and the visual-perception-feeling "tree". 

It's all feelings. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

It is possible dissolve perception completely. Then, there is no difference between thought, sensation, or anything else for that matter.

It's all just different facets of Light. Consciousness.

12 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

What makes something a sensation instead of a perception? To me it seems like both occur together and cannot be separated. 

Sensation refers to feeling. Perception refers to seeing, hearing, etc.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Sensation refers to feeling. Perception refers to seeing, hearing, etc.

just different areas of the brain being stimulated? All feeling, but in different sub-minds, so the quality of feeling varies. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :)