Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UNZARI

Need help becoming a graphic designer!

7 posts in this topic

I’ve been doing graphic design for 4 years now (since I was 16, 20 now). I am tired of these dead end jobs and being broke. I have ADHD and am still in the process of getting help for it, I’ve been in a rough spot stuck trying to find jobs at the same time.

I’m living off of my savings right now and doordash so I’m okay, but I want to take my graphic design to a new level. I’ve had several people (strangers) tell me I’m their favorite artist. I know I can really fucking do this. 

I can do commercial or personal designs. I’ve had this skill for so long I somehow didn’t consider it was profitable.

If you guys can help with any advice, gameplans, links, or anything like that it would be greatly appreciated! I’m tired of being a nobody

Edited by UNZARI

I'm also trying to be a graphic designer/artist. Currently studying for my associate's degree.

It sometimes gets frustrating because the skills I need to learn seems endless.

@Sahil Pandit thats the thing.. I have a decent portfolio full of work but most of it is pretty strange (lots of people like it) but I doubt it would appeal to any companies. 

What I lack I think is just doing jobs for many different people. But to be honest, ideally I want to make stuff for bands/musicians in some way. I’m even making music myself just to bridge the gap so I can make sick album covers and merch for myself lol.

Perhaps I can find a place that focuses on art for musicians, or make one. I would hate to work for some boring corporate place 

@UNZARI  do you mind telling us what yowhre really good at drawing? Also what companies do you want to work in ideally?