Thetruthseeker

I’m scared of death

12 posts in this topic

So let me start by saying that at 27 I had a life saving operation and a near death experience. 
Ever since I’ve followed Leo and had such a profound notion of just how precious life is. It becomes so precious that sometimes I get down and depressed of how precious it is and that it will all end 

sometimes I appreciate life so much that I end up working so hard, knowing this is my one chance to fulfil my potential. And if I don’t, I become really hard on myself 

I guess my question is, how do I stop being so afraid about life ending as I realise how precious and beautiful this life is. I don’t want it to one day end. It’s like the dark cloud of reminder that everything will pass and end. 
It’s from a place of appreciating the beauty of living that always makes me push myself sometimes too hard to live my best life. The scarcity in the beauty of this one life is something that is beautiful but also scary at the same time 

Have you watched Leos videos un how fear works & understanding neurosis?
Those should open you up.

Also

how precious and beautiful this life is. I don’t want it to one day end

Notice how you're assigning meaning to life as "precious and beutifull" which it is, but you'll have to learn how to accept that life will end no matter how bad/good/beutifull/ugly etc it was. Accepting everyithing as it is and letting go of attachment (as much as you can) is IMO key here, this is where meditation gets in the picture.

Do you meditate?

At least you are aware that humans don't live forever in the form they are - a lot of people walk around thinking that they will live forever and are oblivious that they will turn old and "die".  It does create a sense of appreciation of beauty for what is here now.  (My bf's words)

On the other hand, in the perspective of imagining, we are imagining that we were born and imagining that we will die; or if there is infinity, we are imagining that and imagining forever and no death/birth but rather transformations of the universal self.

In a way, we don't ask to be born and we don't ask to die (some do).. but also we may ask to have a child and then it is born (but that child is us if we imagine as a universal one self).

I guess just appreciate every moment and live every day like it is the last and find the beauty and joy out of every situation.

Fear of death is not going to make death go away.  Can try to live as healthy as possible to prolong life and make life better.  Can try to understand death some more so that it is not a fear.... but yet at the same time, we may never fully understand death.

Death seems scary and painful - - but once we are dead, we may not remember the death part and the "we" may be different.  Who knows!?

It is weird to have to "forget" that death is coming in order to enjoy life - - I totally am struggling with that as well - - also in terms of work and how the work will get destroyed eventually as well so why do it other than just for fun and to create harmony/joy.

Psychedelics taken in the proper way are known to stop this fear. They’ve done studies with magic mushrooms which were really positive. They cured this fear for myself. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

The most practical way I'd say to get rid of this fear is to take psychedelics. Psychedelics can show you what death is, or at least something potentially similar to it.
This should remove your fears about death partially or even completely.

LSD showed me the absence of the ego (self). It was the most profound experience I've ever had so far in my life.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

10 hours ago, Thetruthseeker said:

@BipolarGrowth did you do these on a specific planned retreat or on your own? 

It was at my house with my girlfriend in another room. She knew that I didn’t want to be interrupted at all. I did 5g in darkness with no music. I set serious intentions, and it was otherworldly. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Remember that the unknown is the infinite intelligence running the show effortlessly.

It is GOD.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius