Thought Art

Psychedelics Don't Deserve The Attention

53 posts in this topic

I think psychedelics can heal you, show you beauty, maybe something you can call God.

But, in the end they should only be less than 1% of your psychological and spiritual work.

I think Leo giving them so much attention is important in some way to teach people about them.

But, I think because I personally saw the channel as a school for self actualizing... It perhaps side tracked my focus as I came to think they were more powerful, or important than they are.

Don't get me wrong. Take it easy, but take it. They are powerful tools.

But, they don't change reality that much. They are maybe 1% of your actually spiritual and personal development work. 

The insights are not actually True. I've had many insights that were accurate, but just as many they were not.

And, I still don't consider a 5meodmt trip God. It's really just an experience. I still don't really understand reality, or that I am constructing it, or what God is. 5meodmt is great for love, forgiveness, some sort of infinity like experience, ego death, presence, etc. But God? I mean it's God already. I've known I was God since like grade 4 but no one around me confirmed this... So I was confused.

Also, be-careful taking psychedelics and while watching to much Leo. When he says things like others don't exist, he doesn't have his own consciousness, you are God constructing all of reality, etc. I've tried 5meo-MALT... There was no grand God realization as of yet. 

None of that changes anything even if it is true. You are having a limited, human experience. You may be God, but you are God being a limited finite human. So, in some ways it's really just mental masterbation and drug taking.  The drug will show you amazing things! It made me realize the importance of Qigong. But, I don't think it's worth the hype or focus. I am not sold on the metaphysical claims of psychedelics not being an experience in the brain. Even if the brain is imagined by Mind, what makes taking one substance over another making it special? It's not. 5meo-dmt, or 5meo-malt are just the same Cosmic Mind as weed or coffee. 

They may change your life forever.... But, realize it's not gonna take you far if you want to go really far in life. It may even be a distraction.

Take it easy, but take it.

By all means, explore psyches, get the benefits, the healing, the love, the insights, the recontextualization. But realize its dead end after awhile.

It's not more important than yoga

It's not more important than meditation, breathwork, journaling, reading self help, Qigong etc

Leo saying somehow that taking a drug is more important than these things, and that God realization is more powerful than these habits I just don't buy.

I still don't really grok God. None of the insights I had while tripping I take back into regular life and trust that they were 'absolute Truth'. Which, i understand conceptually. 

Anyway. Do you, this is just my thoughts today.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Be careful confusing your conditioned experience with truth. For each time that you “don’t buy it”, it has been bought, consumed, and directly realized in another part of You.

Opinions will not often help you. Totally arbitrary belief systems such as these can only seemingly separate one from Truth.

Look at what has ACTUALLY happened. See the bias in all the beliefs involved. If what is believed to have happened has happened behind the eyes and is not confirmable directly, this is what you should not buy.

Psychedelics can activate many of the other methods you mentioned so that they actually work for people. If you want to make it 1%, that’s fine. That would have been a stupid choice for my life just speaking for myself. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

They are powerful, but they will not take you to the highest levels of life mastery and experience alone.

They are a tool

YOU are the other 99% and how you show up everyday. Don't depend on a substance to do the work for you.

The state of a 5meodmt trip is a Total Infinite Victory. Perfection.

But, then the other 99% of your life you can use that insight. Even if you trip once a week. What are you planning on getting out of it? I mean, these substance have moved mountains within me. Don't get me wrong I am no poopooing here. I am just saying you may like to be mature and realistic about these substances.

You still need to train your mind, balance and open up you Qi, kundalini, self inquiry, personal finance, skill development survival, life purpose if you want to etc. I mean, you don't need to do anything in life. I am just speaking by personal experience.

How can you have the audacity to claim you know Truth through psychedelic use if you are broke, depressed, addicted, confused, experience mental health delusions and confusions, bi-polar disorder, demonizing others etc. Your just a devil in that case.

To me, to be a person a truth is to actually master life totally. Because, then you are just playing with toys in that case. To know Truth, is one thing. But to embody is totally is another. Truth is Love. Truth is in all things. But, a life well lived is the only goal that makes sense. Whatever that means for you.

Whats the point of tripping if you are stuck in wage slavery, or are neurotic, deluded, have no skillset, smoke weed all day etc.

They are not a big slice of the pie. They can be massive powerful tools for inner alchemy. But, they don't do the job all the way. 

I don't feel like I experienced 'God' or 'Truth'. It seemed Absolute. But, its also relative. It was very interesting. It was perfection, total lack of bias, Love for everyone, everything forever. So, maybe that is God. 

But so is all the suffering and fake friends lol

If anything, 5meodmt or other psychedelics reveals to you the possibilities of life, the importance of spiritual practice, compassion, self forgiveness etc. But, it does not sustain itself or make those realizations permanent.

I am discovering new energy and baseline states through Qigong each day that are really blowing me away.

I still have years of inner mastery work, self compassion, and psychedelic use ahead of me.

I am just saying, be honest and realistic about where you are in life and if the tools and approaches you are using are adequate and appropriate for the results you want.

Psychedelics are powerful spiritual tools. But, what do you want out of them? 

I will use them again in the future, maybe even next week. But, they are no longer this special thing I thought they were. It's very amazing to experience perfection. But I want Perfection.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

2 hours ago, Jakuchu said:

Where y'all at? This guy needs a beating 

Also this, Drop the dogma, drop the idealogy of someone not agreeing with you being against you or needing a beating.

I am not against psychedelics. But, tripping alone wont improve your life or the world.

There is work to be done.

Don't get me wrong, tripping is work. But, its only one facet of a massive puzzle.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I don’t think anyone here is confused that they are just a tool. We know that people who do psychedelics recreationally get nowhere with this stuff normally. You have valid points. I just hope no one serious enough to get on the forum needs them. Stop with the 1% stuff though. How much a certain tool or practice makes up someone’s spiritual path in the best way is not something you can put numerical limits on and expect success. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Thought Art I agree. To be fair, if you read Leo's teachings in context, he has always recognized the importance of integrating spiritual work with any insights gained through psychedelics. Others that I have read, like Ram Dass and Aldous Huxley, make the same observations.

Awakening, whether through psychedelics or through meditation, is only the first step on the spiritual journey. Enlightenment, or being filled with light, is the purifying process of deconditioning the mind. It is developing clarity and commitment, so that rather than being distracted by desires, the mind remains a still and present flame. ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

22 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I don’t think anyone here is confused that they are just a tool. We know that people who do psychedelics recreationally get nowhere with this stuff normally. You have valid points. I just hope no one serious enough to get on the forum needs them. Stop with the 1% stuff though. How much a certain tool or practice makes up someone’s spiritual path in the best way is not something you can put numerical limits on and expect success. 

Okay, so you see my point.

Also, life is more for my personally than just a spiritual path. Psychedelics make up only at least 10% of my spiritual practice (journaling, reading, Qigong, meditation, yoga, breathwork, deep relaxation make up the majority), and 1 percent or less of my entire life practice. Psychedelics aren't going to train your mind, improve your Qi, teach you intimacy, do all your shadow work, your delusional grandiose fantasies etc... Imo they can help. But so does being sober, in solitude and working on yourself. Or going out and getting life experience, taking courses etc. . If you think they are more than 1%, maybe right now for you. But, I bet things will change if you are seriously not using them recreationally. 

I personally don't think things like skills, finance, work life, your own business etc are separate from spirituality. Being a mature, clear minded person who is adept to life, who is sane, balanced, strong minded. This is all part of spirituality to me personally. 

I know we all have our own maps, and not one is better than another.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Moksha Exactly, I think they are important but they seem to take up a lot of peoples headspace. I am just saying, to expand and integrate.  Psychedelics are great. 

But I also don't think people are honest with themselves about their own stability and maturity. Especially on the forum. Even I struggle with that because self knowledge takes time.

◭"89"

@Thought Art It's human nature to look for a shortcut out of suffering. We want to believe that awakening will instantly solve all of our problems. Unfortunately, merely seeing won't do that for you. We still have decades of conditioning to deal with. Spiritual integration of insights requires sincere dedication and effort, in the context of patience and kindness toward oneself.

Spiritual teachers do people a disservice when they make snake oil claims to free people from suffering, if they just sign up for this particular program, available today at 50% off. 9_9 There is no easy path to enlightenment, but it is well worth taking the journey.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

3 minutes ago, Moksha said:

@Thought Art It's human nature to look for a shortcut out of suffering. We want to believe that awakening will instantly solve all of our problems. Unfortunately, merely seeing won't do that for you. We still have decades of conditioning to deal with. Spiritual integration of insights requires sincere dedication and effort, in the context of patience and kindness toward oneself.

Spiritual teachers do people a disservice when they make snake oil claims to free people from suffering, if they just sign up for this particular program, available today at 50% off. 9_9 There is no easy path to enlightenment, but it is well worth taking the journey.

Fell for this. Now, these tools do help and the science even shows it.

But, they are also dangerous, and require a level of maturity. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art solid post.  Tbey are a tool.  If it was a magic pill everyone on this forum would be enlightened by now.  There are no magic pills in this work.  When God is ready to awaken, God awakens.  And it is as simple as that.   Ive always said why not leverage all the tools in the toolshed but also do not turn awakening into an egoic goal.  Selfishness does not awaken..  Pursue Truth for Truth itself.  And be curious.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Also this, Drop the dogma, drop the idealogy of someone not agreeing with you being against you or needing a beating.

I am not against psychedelics. But, tripping alone wont improve your life or the world. 

You still haven't gotten my sense of humor

Agreed. Very open to all techniques 

What do you exactly mean when you say an insight was not true? If it was untrue, how did you realise that it was untrue afterwards? You are more conscious during the trip, so how did you verify it as being someting untrue in your sober, less conscious state? 

Edited by Jakuchu

Obviously psychedelics are just a tool. They aren't the "end all, be all" method.

There is no one method. 

However I can say from personal experience that psychedelics have been BY FAR the single greatest catalyst in my life to spiritual growth.

It sounds like that's not the case for you and I empathize. We're all unique and must use whatever tools work best for us.... so who are you to tell me what tools I "should" be using of my path ;) 

Best regards. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

How can you have the audacity to claim you know Truth through psychedelic use if you are broke, depressed, addicted, confused, experience mental health delusions and confusions, bi-polar disorder, demonizing others etc. Your just a devil in that case.

Ok, now you are just mean for no reason

I don’t know about y’all but if I was about forget the awesomeness, I’d have the foresight to have something growin right out of the ground at the ready. Something that basically grows on shit, so for as long as there’s folks eatin, there’s folks rememberin. I mean, attention would be for the place, the life, but they’d be there. Can’t be too careful traveling these days. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

Ok, now you are just mean for no reason

No, serisouly if are unwell you don't know the truth.

But, psyches can help you out.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"