Someone here

There is literally nothing behind you

46 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Godishere said:

Yeah, formless Infinite consciousness or nothingness if you like that term. So the 'you' being portrayed here as the mask or perceptions within consciousness is the 'you' which mistakes itself as human. When all along you were never the human self, you were the formless, Infinite self. Or you could say they are identical, the finite/ego self forgot it was the infinite formless self.

Interesting explanation. It's easy to get lost in the human experience. That's basicaly what you considered your true identity during most of your lifetime. Infinite formless self is doing a good job deluding itself.

@Tyler Durden yeah another interpretation is the perceptions through the lense is what you are(Self), and the separation between the form, perceptions and formless is self imposed, singular and imaginary. Of course this all mental masturbation and concepts.

Edited by Godishere

3 hours ago, OneHandClap said:

I won't go into the details, but this is a very Deepak Chopra take on quantum mechanics that isn't actually what the research is trying to convey. An "observer," in QM terms, is anything that interacts with the particle such that it collapses the wave function. Even an electron can constitute an "observer," if we're using scientific terms. 

I'm not a hardcore materialist, but let's not jumble up science terms with metaphysical woo-woo stuff. It creates an easy target for materialists.

Yeah that's the difference between spirituality and how physicists interpret QM.

For physicists everything is an observer.

In spirituality, there is only one 'observer', which is God.

Neither humans nor electrons can observe and collapse the wave function, only God can.

Whatever is existing = God collapsing the wave function. When using QM language, because actually there is no wave function. There is only what is.

3 hours ago, silene said:

So, aren't other particles and waves 'observing' (interacting with) each other behind my back, to keep them in existence? What's so special about me observing to keep them alive? And by this logic the particle doing the observing needs to be observed itself, to exist. 

@silene  What I wrote above addresses your point.

55 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

What is behind the mask? Nothingness?

@Tyler Durden Noo!

Behind the mask doesn't exist.

The grass, face, butterfly... is the Nothingness. 

1 minute ago, GreenWoods said:

@Tyler Durden Noo!

Behind the mask doesn't exist.

The grass, face, butterfly... is the Nothingness. 

So there is nothing outside nothingness?

@Tyler Durden There is only Existence, only Nothing/Something. It can take on forms or remain formless. 

Outside of it doesn't exist. The moment you think, imagine or conceptualize a outside, you create that concept/imagination which exists within existence. There can never be anything outside of Existence.

If you say the grass, butterfly and mask is Nothingness in form and behind the mask is the formless Nothingness, then you have a duality. 

NO dualities.  There is only ONE. Existence. That which IS.

If formless Nothingness or the formless Godhead exists outside of your bubble, then that isn't Oneness anymore. Oneness can't be destroyed. God is always One, God can't split Itself.

Edited by GreenWoods

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

So there is nothing outside nothingness?

As @Godishere said its Infinity.  It's Nothing.  But it's a Nothing that exists.  But also realize its all One.  Form is formlessness.  This is Nothing.  This is Infinity.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

There isn't a you and nothing isn't something real :o

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 10/17/2021 at 0:42 AM, VeganAwake said:

There isn't a you and nothing isn't something real :o

Yeah! I… err, I agree with this guy. I better let you guys know so you can reply in a time and place which is only real in my current imagination which is made by tiny sensations which never actually take place in a present moment.

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

This is biased towards vision. There are also other senses. If something has to be seen to be considered as 'existing' then why not the same with hearing etc.? One may say that then the object doesn't exist but only the very sensation of that sound that 'it produces' exists. Well what makes an object an object then? That sensation which you call sound is the same thing as that visual image of the object. They are both sensations made up of the same thing. Does anything exist behind you? Well that depends upon where 'you' begins. Well, 'You' or 'Me' isn't even real and therefore nothing is able to exist behind you, not a question of weather or not. If you are talking about 'behind' the physical head then consider this:

What if we have some sort of energetic sense undiscovered by science that let's us scan an area in all directions, even behind the body. When including that sense as well, does the whole room exist when you enter it because you can sense it all or is it just your visual field?

Edited by Swarnim

@Swarnim the point is there is nothing behind the visual field.  If you look behind you.. Only then does the objects behind you appear.. At this point they are in front of you and not behind you anymore. There is nothing behind your visual field. It's mere appearance. Just like your visual field in a dream. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

26 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Swarnim the point is there is nothing behind the visual field.  If you look behind you.. Only then does the objects behind you appear.. At this point they are in front of you and not behind you anymore. There is nothing behind your visual field. It's mere appearance. Just like your visual field in a dream. 

So to with everything. There’s nothing behind anything. Just absolute emptiness, but in emptiness there is no need for anything (emptiness can’t possibly need anything, including anything to bolster nor limit it), so the emptiness is the fullness. There’s just boundlessness without meaning or cause.

On 10/16/2021 at 2:07 PM, Someone here said:

nothing exists until it is observed or measured

Nothing exists, or nothing and also an observer or measurer? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 16.10.2021 at 8:07 PM, Someone here said:

until

Can you observe that?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

How can I use this insight to improve my life?

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

5 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Make the most out of your direct experience because there is nothing outside of it.

2 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

To not worry about things that don't exist.

I came to this conclusion a lot of times before, but I still don't know what to do about it. I don't know if realizing this improved my life, but it's definitely worth contemplating on.

@decentralized it's paradoxical because in one sense It doesn't improve your life. Why would it? In another, it somewhat frees you because you realize there is no 'you'. 

This specific insight is tied deeply with Self Realization/No self in my 'experience'.

True. You are actually experiencing nothingness right now, to a certain degree. And yes, you can perceive nothingness, as you have realized. The "nothing" behind you is actually being perceived, that is the only way you can know of it.

Try to find the edge of your visual field, you can't. There is no edge. The edge is nothingness, and that nothingness is infinite and expands forever. There is simply a lack of sensation or "nothingness" at the edge. But the fact of the matter is, you are able to perceive this nothingness, and you use it to distinguish finite items in your reality like your lamp or table.

It can be very hard to notice this nothingness in the finite domain, especially without a solid experience of pure nothingness or pure consciousness or turiya or whatever you wanna call it.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho