RedLine

fear to full time job

32 posts in this topic

I have been unemployed for 2 years since I finished my studies, living in my mother´s basement, but even when I am suffering because of this situation, the idea of getting a job make me sad too. Why? Because most of the jobs I have been applying in my country have a 9-6:30 schedule (since they give you 1.5 hours to lunch in the middle of the journey, which are not included in the 8 hours of work), then I would go to the gym from 7-8:30, get home at 9, dinner bed and start again. So basically my life would be all about work -which by the way I am not interested in, it is ony for the money-. So literally 0 time to meditation, LP and building alternative business during week.

If I continue being unemployment living with my mom (28 years old) - sadness and dression

If I am finally able to get a job in my field - slavery

I don´t see hope in my life. Any advice?

Edited by RedLine

Sounds like you have an hour during that break in the middle of the day to use wisely, and a morning routine to master. 

You also have weekends. You can may surprise yourself as to how much you can enjoy your job. Then, on weekends you work on a passion project until that becomes your main thing. You are young and have time.

This is my plan. I happen to have a plan etc... I've done this grindy grind before. About to re-enter the work force as a payroll clerk or accountant, and launching my Qigong + business after work and on weekends. 

Why not Meditate/Gym/ Qigong/ Yoga/ Journal in the morning and use the lunch break to work on your project, and then rest and relax, read at night? 

Sounds like you have a good situation and ideas to play with.

You Got this.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

Sounds like you have an hour during that break in the middle of the day to use wisely, and a morning routine to master. 

that hour in the middle of the day is to lunch with the collegues or go to your apartment and lunch and come back

and in the morning I would go straight to job. 

The oly free time I would have would be 22:00-24:00, where I am exausted from the activies of the day. Maybe I could practice do-nothing meditation there, but not intellectual stuff. 

4 minutes ago, RedLine said:

that hour in the middle of the day is to lunch with the collegues or go to your apartment and lunch and come back

and in the morning I would go straight to job. 

The oly free time I would have would be 22:00-24:00, where I am exausted from the activies of the day. Maybe I could practice do-nothing meditation there, but not intellectual stuff. 

Do your you stuff first thing in the morning before work, and rest after work. Rise earlier, sleep earlier

This way also you start each day with something you love, and go to sleep knowing. you will do it first thing in the morning. Also it lets you just rest after it all when you get home.

Hmm, You could lunch with them for like 20 minutes, and then go do your own thing. It's what I normally do. 

I read or journal on my breaks and lunch. 

Just, actually do it and then see how it goes. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

25 minutes ago, RedLine said:

a 9-6:30 schedule (since they give you 1.5 hours to lunch in the middle of the journey, which are not included in the 8 hours of work), then I would go to the gym from 7-8:30, get home at 9, dinner bed and start again. So basically my life would be all about work

Bro, that's how life is for most people on the planet.

Not only that but by the end of the week you'll be so exhausted you'll just want to spend the weekend crashing on the couch and watching some TV, not doing any kind of personal dev work.

The solution is to build a career with a job that you're really passionate about, so that those 8 hours working each day are actually something you want to be doing.

The hope lies in building a career aligned with your life purpose.

Or starting a business and earning so much money that you can afford to take a lot of time off to work on your own side projects. This is what I did. Today I could not work for 10 years and just travel the world or do side projects. But still I choose to work because I mostly love my work. But I had to work real hard and real smart to reach this point. This is not any easy point to reach. You'll have to be super committed to reach it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Bro, that's how life is for most people on the planet.

Not only that but by the end of the week you'll be so exhausted you'll just want to spend the weekend crashing on the couch and watching some TV, not doing any kind of personal dev work.

The solution is to build a career with a job that you're really passionate about, so that those 8 hours working each day are actually something you want to be doing.

The hope lies in building a career aligned with your life purpose.

Or starting a business and earning so much money that you can afford to take a lot of time off to work on your own side projects. This is what I did. Today I could not work for 10 years and just travel the world or do side projects.

I know that. But, If am not even able to get a regular job (in a specific are which I build my career because I thought there were most market demand) (finance and accounting), how the hell am I gonna build a income source from my interest (spirituallity, postmodern philosophy, metaphysics, aesthetics, theology) if only 4 freaks like me are interested.

I thought deeply about this 10 years ago before entering uni and I got to the conclusion that it is not possible to get money from my talents and I have build a career in some practical stuff and let my passions to the free time so I can´t do it even when it does not product money. What I miscalculated is that work was going to rob me all day.

Edited by RedLine

1 hour ago, RedLine said:

Why?

Because the suffering isn’t because of the situation. Slavery in this case is conjecture. The suffering is only of the lens, the outlook, or perspective. It’s discordant, and felt as such. What you want is called residual income. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@RedLine And the best place to promote your business is on Tiktok, because the organic outreach on there is insane! More outreach than on any platform we have seen. LinkedIn, Youtube, Facebook, can't compete. That's where I make my money, You just have to build a following, and really all I did was have fun, now they reward me for holding people's attention, I call it hypnosis. They call it entertainment and marketing, I call it love and hypnosis. I was like Fuck a job, Imma connect with people on Tiktok. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

Well it's the exact same timings for me too. 

8.30-6 Pm and sometimes it can go further. 

The best option is for you to be strategic as fuck.

Play the corporate game. You are in it anyway. Plan 10 years ahead. 

Use the little time you have in between work to prepare for exams or coding or whatever that can get you a good job. You can utilise your weekends well. 

Right now your priority isn't enlightenment or spirituality, but to have a solid foundation for life.

I know exactly the kind of thing you are going through, because I have the exact same timings. 

But it won't be like this 10 years down the road.

@RedLine Like, don't worry about it dude, it's gonna be ok, like its gonna be ok. People literally watch videos of people doing jobs for entertainment. Sometimes its fun to watch people work, cause what else is there to do, sit on the bench at home?  So just get in the "BUSINESS GAME" so to speak. 

12 minutes ago, diamondpenguin said:

@RedLine Like, don't worry about it dude, it's gonna be ok, like its gonna be ok. People literally watch videos of people doing jobs for entertainment. Sometimes its fun to watch people work, cause what else is there to do, sit on the bench at home?  So just get in the "BUSINESS GAME" so to speak. 

Most people like to spend their time doing stupid stuff like that you mention. It is not my case. I want to contemplate to understand the Truth, I want to change myself troguth self-development to know how it feels like and I want to express my creativity. I am not interested in entering data into accounting software, watching tv or dumb stuff on youtube, it hurst to me since I feel I am wasting life doing that insubstantial tasks, but on the other hand I feel like a failure, unemployed and living with my mom. Last 2 years my self esteem went to the shit because I live like a teenager when I am 28.

Edited by RedLine

@RedLine That's why you struggle financially honey. You just have to put your ego to the side, and give the people what they want. They will reward you for it, you will be set for life. ;):x

I'm constantly thinking about this, but instead of being unemployed, I'm slaving my time in a shitty mind-numbing, dead-end job that physically and mentally pains me.

But I really don't see any alternative, you either leverage your current skills to get a better job than your current one or get the skillset your dream job requires.

On the other hand, I've realized how passive a low-end job can make you, just follow the instructions, don't take any initiative and you will be fine (meaning they probably won't fire you, if that is even a win).

But the irony is that you need to be the exact opposite (take initiative, be creative, not being too agreeable) to succeed in life in general so idk how this works.

Despite all that, you need to get your first job to get your feet wet, staying in Mom's basement won't create the necessary leverage to make you appreciate how important financial literacy and autonomy are.

I suggest you get a job so you can see yourself in a work environment and clarify what you like and don't like and also get your hands dirty, no better fuel than 12 months on a shitty job, you see there is one thing to think of the alternative and living it.

4 hours ago, RedLine said:

I have been unemployed for 2 years since I finished my studies, living in my mother´s basement, but even when I am suffering because of this situation, the idea of getting a job make me sad too. Why? Because most of the jobs I have been applying in my country have a 9-6:30 schedule (since they give you 1.5 hours to lunch in the middle of the journey, which are not included in the 8 hours of work), then I would go to the gym from 7-8:30, get home at 9, dinner bed and start again. So basically my life would be all about work -which by the way I am not interested in, it is ony for the money-. So literally 0 time to meditation, LP and building alternative business during week.

If I continue being unemployment living with my mom (28 years old) - sadness and dression

If I am finally able to get a job in my field - slavery

I don´t see hope in my life. Any advice?

I would suggest coaching by healthy gamers. It would help you a lot and is fairly priced. 

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Try to implement the pomodoro technique for Study, you need to do 3x25min pomodoro in the morning before work and 3x25 at launch, this will be enough for you to get a high income skill and land a white collar/ low stress job and then keep moving forward on your LP

7 hours ago, RedLine said:

I know that. But, If am not even able to get a regular job (in a specific are which I build my career because I thought there were most market demand) (finance and accounting), how the hell am I gonna build a income source from my interest (spirituallity, postmodern philosophy, metaphysics, aesthetics, theology) if only 4 freaks like me are interested.

A) You are able to get a regular job. You are even able to find cool jobs and high paying jobs.

B) Billions of people are interested in spirituality. Millions of dollars could be made, but not with your resigned attitude.

C) There are many cool and interesting businesses you could start that can generate a good income for you.

All these things are possible but you would have to get very serious and passionate to create it. If you want something like financial freedom or a passionate career, you have to devote your life to building it. It won't come to you by default. The default is wage slavery.

You have to be willing to work hard and smart for the things you value most. Nothing worthwhile comes easy or cheap.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

is there a possibility to get a 60% job?

if you could still get by with that, maybe with roommates etc. and then you'd still have enough time to do and learn other ish

4 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Kick some ass with modafinil and microdosing.

I do NOT recommend microdosing for productivity. 

◭"89"