Tim R

When will stage Green be solid?

26 posts in this topic

When do you predict will Western society be at solid stage green?

We're going to have to hit our head into the stage orange brick wall, as Leo said, but how much of this will still be necessary? What will the stage orange excess look like at its peak? 

Which countries will lead this development? Scandinavian and middle European countries? 

Just collecting some thoughts on this, feel free to share whatever comes to your mind. 

40 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Which countries will lead this development? Scandinavian and middle European countries? 

America will. Apart from the US, India and few small countries will give a healthy competition in certain niches. But America will lead by a healthy margin.

Edited by captainamerica

When half of the world will be flooded and we'll have constant heat waves in the summer, stage green will be taken very seriously don't worry.

We human are slow and stupid :D 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

43 minutes ago, Tim R said:

When do you predict will Western society be at solid stage green?

What does "solid green" mean to you?

Realistically that's what the 21st century will be all about. You will see Green flower over your entire lifetime. You will also see all the ways Green can go wrong.

We are living through the Orange-Green transition.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Leo are virtue signalers stage orange? For example-people who don’t really care about poverty,animal rights etc but pretend like they do to seem like “good virtuose people”.this is stage orange and not green right?

stage green genuinely cares about other people and animals and are not bothered if others think they are “good” people right?

Green is solid when teenagers look down on Richard Dawkins like they look down on creationists today.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 minutes ago, Ineedanswers said:

@Leo Gura Leo are virtue signalers stage orange? For example-people who don’t really care about poverty,animal rights etc but pretend like they do to seem like “good virtuose people”.this is stage orange and not green right?

stage green genuinely cares about other people and animals and are not bothered if others think they are “good” people right?

I think it's more complex than that.

Why are you assuming virtue signalers don't genuinely care about other people and animals?

Those you call virtue signalers are acting from good intentions and genuinely hold those values. They just may not be very effective at going about making those values functional in the world.

A stage Orange person is often not even developed enough to care to virtue signal.

@Leo Gura no Leo I wasn’t speaking about anyone else.i don’t even know if people like this exist. But IF there was a person whos main reason for caring about animal rights/ poverty was to promote themselves,paint themselves in a good light or solely because of the fear of punishment,they would be more orange than green right?(eg-the girl you like is vegan.so to get her to like you you become a vegan).i don’t think a stage green person would think they are better than others for being vegan.they would be too concerned on actually solving the issue,rather than focusing on  praising themselves

Edited by Ineedanswers

Something which i have realized these days is that whenever people criticize Green, they only talk about it's execesses. Yes, green has excesses and they are not really that good. However, what about the excesses of orange or blue?

Try to compare some annoying SJW and feminazis with genocide, racism (toxic blue) or heartless capitalism (stage orange). You cannot compare.

If you only talk about the good parts of orange and blue and the bad parts of green then of course green will seem shit.

This is not an objective analysis though.

You can talk to me 30 minutes about all the excesses and bad parts of green and i will 100 percent agree with everything you say. However, talk also about the excesses of blue and orange to make the argument fair. 

Complain as much as you want about SJW, you would pick such a society everyday over a racist society that treats you like dirt because of your ethnicity or a society where u work 14 hours a day without insurance for a minimum wage that is not enough to even get by.

People tend to be bit arrogant and think of blue/orange in such a way that they are on top of it, they are the ethnic group that is "on power" or a good social class so they do not suffer excesses of capitalism. Meanwhile when it comes to green, they see themselves as oppressed by SJW because they cannot have "true free speech".

Laughable!

Edited by Karmadhi

25 minutes ago, Ineedanswers said:

@Leo Gura no Leo I wasn’t speaking about anyone else.i don’t even know if people like this exist. But IF there was a person whos main reason for caring about animal rights/ poverty was to promote themselves,paint themselves in a good light or solely because of the fear of punishment,they would be more orange than green right?(eg-the girl you like is vegan.so to get her to like you you become a vegan).i don’t think a stage green person would think they are better than others for being vegan.they would be too concerned on actually solving the issue,rather than focusing on  praising themselves

To know where the person actually sits you must get them to talk about their core values. That tells you their stage, assuming they are honest.

Do some people and organizations put on a fake veneer of Green values while actually operating from Orange values? Sure. People love to believe they are more developed and woke than they actually are.

1 hour ago, Karmadhi said:

Try to compare some annoying SJW and feminazis with genocide, racism (toxic blue) or heartless capitalism (stage orange). You cannot compare.

That is an unfair comparison.

The damages caused by certain green ideas are much more than corresponding stage orange or blue ideas and for certain other ideas the damages caused by orange are more than the damages of green. 

@Tim R I think it depends on what dimension of reality you're speaking about. On the subtle realm (thoughts, ideas, beliefs, stories), Green will emerge pretty rapidly as it has been in the coming decades. But on the concrete material realm, society will take a lot longer to catch up to the ideas and beliefs of the culture. For example, all of Manhattan is basically a massive Stage Orange mecca. Even if over half the population of the city is Green in the 20 years from now, all those Stage Orange skyscrapers and infrastructure will still be more or less as they are today (with maybe a few more rooftop gardens and an updated energy grid). I suspect it will take many more decades for Green to saturate culture on the material level in a way that feels like "ok this is solid Green." A truly Green-centric society would look and feel vastly different than 99.9% of places in America or Europe at the moment, just like Stage Blue Amish country looks vastly different from Stage Orange Manhattan. 

18 hours ago, captainamerica said:

America will. Apart from the US, India and few small countries will give a healthy competition in certain niches. But America will lead by a healthy margin.

There are many countries that are considerably more developed than the US. 

The farce right wing circles sold you about american exceptionalism is just that, a farce. There is a very wide gap between the level of education of the average american, and the level of education of the average south korean, german, etc.. 

18 hours ago, Tim R said:

Canada, germany, sweden, norway, finland, south korea, etc...

Edited by Harlen Kelly

In the US, we're in the midst of a paradigm shift towards Green, one that will played out over Generations rather than election cycles.

One of the Truths of development is that social progress becomes possible when previous Generations finally die off and give the rest of society room to grow.

When Millennials and Gen Z are in the position that the Boomers currently occupy *maybe* we'll see something resembling a solidification of Green as the new center of gravity.

But considering that the upcoming century is going to be one filled instability and strife as the world copes with the effects of climate change this upward trend towards Green is by no means certain. Red and Blue tend to thrive in periods of chaos and uncertainty...

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

I wonder if Capitalism will be as influential as it is now, or will Art be more influential than today's faceless corporations. I hope that people will be more interest in creativity and higher forms of love, like love for the entire planet and people living on it instead of nationalistic love or religious love.

On 10/16/2021 at 7:11 PM, Ineedanswers said:

no Leo I wasn’t speaking about anyone else.i don’t even know if people like this exist. But IF there was a person whos main reason for caring about animal rights/ poverty was to promote themselves,paint themselves in a good light or solely because of the fear of punishment,they would be more orange than green right?(eg-the girl you like is vegan.so to get her to like you you become a vegan).i don’t think a stage green person would think they are better than others for being vegan.they would be too concerned on actually solving the issue,rather than focusing on  praising themselves

yes,,, those kinda ppl really exist. those in stage orange put on an fake overcoat of being good while glorifying their ego in a false light. best local example comes from most of  Rotary clubs and Lions clubs and their subsidiaries. most of they are from stage orange and their so called social work is mostly aimed at uplifting their status and glorification of wealth. 

every stage likes to think that they are better than others and praise themselves. the stage green that is currently seen in Scandinavia is legit and comes from honest intentions. just look at what the climate activists are doing  out there....

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

@happyhappy

8 hours ago, happyhappy said:

Rotary clubs and Lions clubs and their subsidiaries.

Perfect example brother.its so cool to see someone from sl here.dude but at the end of the day since we are all one ,there cannot be such a thing as an altruistic act right?selfishness goes full circle and turns into selflessness neh.

maybe , altruism doesn't even exist. cause,  many those who call altruist themselves are doing   it out of ego in the first place.

but i believe there is a vast spectrum of selfishness and selflessness which makes it impossible to come at binary conclusions...:|

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

1960's USA

Blue & Orange: *yawns* We are bored, what's next?
Green: Wussup wussup, want a hit of this J? You'll chill the heck out

Blue & Orange: FUCK NO GO TO HELL
Green: Ok, maybe next century :'(

But in all seriousness, basically what Leo said. It's not something you can put a date tag on, but rather society is going to drag itself into Green slowly over time. Orange's demise is going to be manyfold, including, just as an example, privacy problems. Isn't it interesting that under the principle of libertarian freedom, we create business systems that end up owning data on each of our subconscious consumption habits (thereby making us less free)?

I live in a relatively green city (Bernie Sanders lives here) and it's still pretty damn orange. I think that it's going to start in the cities and then spend outward (already is, of course). What's also interesting is that even Red/Blue/Orange people seem to have caught some Green aspects that 'true' Green people embody; it's fascinating how dominant psychological stages are like a collective flu if you live in a place where it's quite prevalent.

I think the countries that are already at the apex will continue to lead. Iceland is very sustainable with its geothermal energy grid. As a geologist, and this is just from the theoretical side (I don't actually know the nuances of processing geothermal energy); that nation can basically just coast off of the fact that their power needs are taken care of. They are also the healthiest nation in the world according to Bloomberg health index (U.S. is 34th). But the thing that the U.S. has is population size (which might or might not help). Who's to say? I'm just riffing out my butt...

Let's see what comes of the technology race and climate change. The world changes so non-linearly and unexpectedly that I always feel that 'anything' can happen!