Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RMQualtrough

Just "realized" there is neither an internal nor external

7 posts in this topic

I was thinking about real and imaginary sounds. I was thinking how bizarre it is when considered, that I can bring completely imaginary sounds into existence, in the sense that the "real" sounds from the external world occupy the exact same space as the imagined sounds.

In other words, it is only the mind which distinguishes internal sounds from external "real" sounds. Without this process, both would completely comingle to where you could not discern internal from external.

Then of course I already know that soundwaves in and of themselves don't produce sound, the mind does. The mind also produces imagined sounds. So in actuality NO external sound has ever been experienced ever, as irrespective of proposed origin, it is demonstrably true that the sound is a production of the mind in all cases. This applies to ALL things.

Then I realized something deeper. Which is that ALL distinctions between internal and external are false in that same exact manner.

And then I realized the mistake of saying external neurons cause internal experience. This is a mistake in thinking because in actuality both neurons AND experience occupy the EXACT SAME SPACE. There aren't neurons "out there" and there isn't experience "in here"! They are in the same no-place!

There is no "out" OR "in" because for either to be a concept relies upon the implied existence of its opposite!!!!!!!!

I've spent a lot of time trying to understand that the external world is "in here". Now I think I see that there is no such thing as an in here or out there, so there is nothing out there to bring in nor vice versa anything in here to put out there.

This is literally a mistake in botu Idealist and Materialist propositions isn't it? One says all things out there are really in here, the other says all things in here are really out there. But it's literally neither isn't it?

Because there's no actual distinction between internal and external from the Absolute perspective. And THAT IS THE MISTAKE. Because in here and out there are one and the same, and only distinguished by imagination taking place in mind.

Am I right? Wow. Damn. That's a major revelation... Damn...

20 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Yeah there is no inside and outside. Nice revelation.

Damn, that's major. Because I think many people with mystical views will say that all things out there are actually in here.

So I spent so long trying to understand that all external things were actually internal which is quite easy with self inquiry etc.

But the understanding that there is also no internal, is pretty shocking. The understanding that NEITHER brains nor experiences are in actuality in here is profound... NEITHER are... That's crazy. So that is why "material" correlation with "mental" experience is meaningless, because both occupy the same place which is neither in nor out.

This is big for me. I think I will have to think on this for a while.

This means the fact that messing with the brain alters experience is as "surprising" as hitting a billiard ball with another billiard ball and watching one of the balls go flying across the snooker table. The brain exists in the same exact place as experience. It is not that the brain is something in here, it is not that experience is something out there. It is critical that it is NEITHER. Just wow if that's accurate.

Edited by RMQualtrough

@RMQualtrough There’s literally no separation of any kind at all. But that can’t be known. All there is, is unknowable life appearing. No-thing.

On 10/15/2021 at 9:17 PM, RMQualtrough said:

I was thinking…

Sure seems like it though, inside / outside. I mean like, we didn’t know this until you expressed it. If there is no inside outside, we outta be able to know what you’re sharing, without you expressing / sharing it, isn’t it?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE