Someone here

Breaking free from the ego

43 posts in this topic

Yep the body can seem to have attachments and preferences...there is nothing right or wrong with that. There's nothing right or wrong with anything. 

Yes just habitual patterns of energy assumed as the 'ME'.

Nobody awakens; Nobody arrives at enlightenment; Nobody comes out pure and free of attachments and desires.

It's recognized the very one on this so-called spiritual path to freedom simply never existed.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

10 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

It's recognized the very one on this so-called spiritual path to freedom simply never existed.

It's recognized by who? 

Perhaps it's more like, the imaginary separation between that which is self, and that which isn't self disappears, or ceases to be.  Maybe 'Enlightenment' occurs when the Universe remembers what it is (experiences non-duality), and stops pretending it's separate from itself (duality).  

You, the one on this so-called spiritual path to freedom, are the whole spiritual path.. not something separate from the path which is 'on the path'. 

Your existence.. your 'sense of self' is 'self evident'.. you exist, haven't you noticed?.  You're just confused about what you are. That's not a bad thing.  It's just how it is, because that's the only way for 'being' to 'be'.   Everything/Nothing seeming like Something by pretending it's not what it is. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

2 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

It's recognized by who? 

So the assumption is there has to be a witness?

It's unknowable!

Perhaps it's more like, the imaginary separation between that which is self, and that which isn't self disappears, or ceases to be. 

It's the revelation that there just never was a separate self within the body/mind. No real individuals = No real separation.

Maybe 'Enlightenment' occurs when the Universe remembers what it is (experiences non-duality), and stops pretending it's separate from itself (duality).  

There can be endless concepts about THIS. The concepts are not separate from THIS. 

It's unknowable in the sense that the knower (aka you) is recognized to be unreal (illusion).

You, the one on this so-called spiritual path to freedom, are the whole spiritual path.. not something separate from the path which is 'on the path'. 

The sense of self/ego is identification so of course it would rather identify as everything so it can continue it's seemingly real existence.

But it's an illusion.... as in completely unreal or not there.

Your existence.. your 'sense of self' is 'self evident'.. you exist, haven't you noticed?. 

There is a body but it's empty. The separate sense of self within the body is the illusion piece.

You're just confused about what you are.

There isn't a You or a ME. Confusion only occurs within the dream story of being a separate individual in the first place.

That's not a bad thing.

Exactly because good and bad are socially conditioned concepts within the dream story of being a separate individual where meaning purpose and value are inherent.

It's just how it is, because that's the only way for 'being' to 'be'.   Everything/Nothing seeming like Something by pretending it's not what it is. 

Then that's what's being experienced there. There's nothing right or wrong with it.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi