PepperBlossoms

Ego in Spiral Dynamics

9 posts in this topic

Red - I want this, this, this.  Look how great I am with all I have.  - - Sees that it looks bad because it hurts others by not caring about them. 

Blue - Looks to the rules for playing fair and starts to follow them.  Look how great I am, I am following the rules. - - Misses the red of gaining stuff so integrates red and blue to become orange.

Orange - Look at me I am playing by the rules and getting all this stuff. - - Sees again that it looks bad because it is hurting the environment, social groups, etc.

Green - Looks to social justice and environment, etc. and starts to follow it.  Look at how great I am . I am promoting world peace. - - Misses the intricacies of the world and sees flaws in its arguments.

Yellow - Look at me I am getting all this information.  Look at how smart I am. - - Sees even more flaws and gaps and paradox in its thinking as well as looks at broader picture of self/more imaginative/whack/creative.

Turquoise - Look at me I am looking at reality in all these twisted ways.  Look at how conscious I am and what all I am aware of.

The ego wants to show off how great and worthy it is and as it becomes aware of more things, it uses that new awareness to again show off how great it is because it wants to be like - look at me, look at what I am aware of and look at what I am getting.

It goes from caring about material items to accumulate, to material items to fight for, to material items to contemplate.

People see then that the show off of stage orange capitalism/materialism is no longer attractive and go towards the show off of one's awareness of green/yellow/turquoise.

Red - look at all the land, women, sex, money, power, fame, slaves I have, look at my dedication to domination

Blue - look at all the rules I am following, look at my family I have made, look at ability to follow religion and get my work done, look at how clean my yard/house/record is, look at my dedication to the community/family

Orange - look at all the cars, homes, women, money, success, degrees, friends, muscles I have, look at my dedication to winning

Green - look at how much I am caring for animals, plants, bugs, poor, anti-war, sustainability, LGBTQ, healthy food/body, look at my dedication to nurturing love/peace

Yellow - look at all the models of understanding I have created and thought about, look at all the perspectives I am considering, look at my dedication to learning

Turquoise - look at how much I am laughing at all the models and games, look at how enlightened/non-dual I am, look at all my crazy psychedelic trips I have had, look at how aware I am, look at how I can see past the imaginations/norms/delusions of everything, look at my dedication to exploring reality

Edited by PepperBlossoms

1 hour ago, PepperBlossoms said:

Turquoise -  look at how I can see past the imaginations/norms/delusions of everything

Ahah, the best delusion is thinking you have no delusions even at this stage :D 

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

This is really good

You certainly can turn everthing into a status. I thought about this topic aswell

I see this with many green-type people. They act in a anti-materialist, anti-consumerist, anti-status way but that itself becomes the status. Now the status is not about how much you own, it's about how little you own. I am guilty of this too 

But, I would say not everything is about showing off. Intention is important. You can be genuine at all these stages 

Also, this attitude of going "meta" on the ego itself could be seen as a meta-ego. You could be showing off by acting as if you see through all of the egos games. Are you showing off with this thread? And could I be showing off with my response here? Am I now showing off with me being aware over the fact that I could be showing off? ... endlessly it goes. You see, it's twisted :)

Edited by Jakuchu

9 hours ago, Shin said:

Ahah, the best delusion is thinking you have no delusions even at this stage :D 

Yeah hehehe

9 hours ago, Nahm said:

Awesome. Now do it with facets. That’d be sweet.

Many different ways to approach something via facets.  Here is one - again the ego is trying to show off.. (also could look at it in terms of ego in terms of emotions, careers, etc.)

Stage red filter for red: Everyone is my competition. I must win. For blue: I don't want to get caught and I don't want to play by the rules - the rules are in the way of what I want and we need to get rid of them. For orange: I have no idea how others are doing what they are doing but they are dominating quite well. We are justified in making money by selling/making guns, war, jails, surveillance, drones, oil/gas, fast food, meat/cattle, slaves, pesticides, prostitutes, etc. as that gets us money and gives us a power advantage over other people/animals/bugs, etc.  I will put my people in government to get the laws how I want them to serve me. I admire those who drive the fastest.  For green: Poor people just want handouts. Animals are to be eaten by humans. Women are to have sex when men want it.  Taxes are a threat to my wallet.  For yellow: That information goes in one ear and out the other. For turquoise: This is a waste of my time as I need to dominate now.

Stage blue filter for red: Those criminals are threatening. Lock them up.  Lets ban drugs.  For blue: I appreciate all the rules and harmony we have and those who follow it. We need the police, law, and military for protection and more family for stability.  For orange: Those money thirsty people are cocky and selfish. For green: Protestors/democrats are making too much noise and disrupting harmony of the current system.  We need the police to stop the protests.  For yellow: I admire all the knowledge they have. For turquoise: You are overthinking and looking at it wrong.  You need to look at it like xyz.  Those are crazy idiots on drugs.  Lets drug test everyone.

Stage orange filter for red: I will have guns, laws, and police to keep those red from messing with my business and keep them off the street. I don't associate with criminals.  For blue: I go by the law when it is to my benefit.  Sometimes the rules get in the way of what I am trying to accomplish and make lots of hoops for me to jump through.  I see religion as a way that I could make lots of money selling bibles, leading a church, getting people to follow law/order.  For orange: Other people in orange are my competition/threat and I need to be the best orange I can be. I will do whatever as long as it makes me money/fame/status/sex.  For green: I only claim to care about animals/the environment for social status gain or the possibility of making money off of it. For yellow: I only study science to the extent that it makes me money. For turquoise: I don't have time, I am addicted to money,

Stage green filter for red/blue/orange: These people are ridiculous and are not caring about the environment/animals/etc.  They are greedy and selfish.  They aren't thinking!!  For green: We need more people like us.  For yellow/turquoise: Art/science are a waste of time when we have a planet to save.

Stage yellow perspective for red/blue/orange/green: It acts that way because of its developmental level, what it has been exposed to, its values, its biology, etc.  For yellow: It feels lucky to be in yellow and all the knowledge that it has and wants to study and make more models.  For turquoise: It finds turquoise mysterious and wants to study it some more.

Stage turquoise filter for red/blue/orange/green/yellow: The levels are taking life very seriously and playing their own games based on the contexts they have imagined.  They have no idea that stage turquoise thinking exists. For turquoise: It feels lucky to be in turquoise and fascinates with exploring more.

8 hours ago, Jakuchu said:

But, I would say not everything is about showing off. Intention is important. You can be genuine at all these stages 

Also, this attitude about going "meta" on the ego, itself could be seen as a meta-ego. You could be showing off, by acting as if you are seeing through all of the egos games. Are you showing off with this thread? And could I be showing off with my response here? And am I now showing off with me being aware over the fact that I could be showing off... endlessly it goes? You see, it's twisted :)

Yeah it isn't always about showing off but the ego sure loves to show off anyways based on what the ego's rules are that it has created and wants to show off how well it is aware of the rules and how well it follows them.

9 hours ago, blackchair said:

noice.....

thanks!

9 hours ago, The0Self said:

Yep.

thanks!

8 hours ago, Jakuchu said:

This is really good

thanks!

Edited by PepperBlossoms