r0ckyreed

Rocky Balboa = Spirituality?? Running = Meditation??

18 posts in this topic

Could running a marathon a day for the next 30 days be considered a running meditation? 
 

I think sitting meditation can be okay, but Jedis are trained to be active and passive with the Force. Sitting down all day long does nothing for personal growth. The point of life is to grow into the best versions of ourselves and to maximize our potential in life. 
 

On our deathbed, we will be confronted by at least two main things, which are whether (1)we lived up to our potential and used every ounce of ourselves to the Universe, and if we also (2) enjoyed life and actually had fun and were playful with life.

So could running a marathon a day be a spiritual meditation practice that could combine both potential and playfulness? I believe what Rocky Balboa was doing was a spiritual practice. He found a reason to keep going and staying in the Ring of Life even though he could have easily laid down, stayed at home watching TV.

What do you think?

Edited by r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be a form of meditation.

Each meditation technique reaps different results.

30 days of marathon seems unhealthy though tbh.

Isn't there a book on Leo's booklist about running meditation?


"When you Look in the sky, Just try looking inside, God Knows what you might find... "Here Comes The Nighttime" -Arcade Fire 

Qigong and Spirituality +Vlog - Thought Art

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

30 days of marathon seems unhealthy though tbh.

So could sitting all day as well. I heard of research that suggested that we should only be sitting for less than 3 hours per day as it is bad for joints. Sitting for long periods of time could be unhealthy. I will probably build up to 30 day marathon.

 

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Isn't there a book on Leo's booklist about running meditation?

None that stood out to me. If there was a book like that, I would be surprised that I did not see it. I will check booklist again to see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

On our deathbed, we will be confronted by at least two main things, which are whether (1)we lived up to our potential and used every ounce of ourselves to the Universe, and if we also (2) enjoyed life and actually had fun and were playful with life.

The only judge on your deathbed will be you. So there is no need to live to your full potential unless you want to, its better to not be neurotic about it. True spirituality teaches you that progress or potential is ilusion. So do whatever you want and dont seek approval from people on internet. Whatever makes sence to you, do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For sure. Literally find out what you’re made of. Realize / actualize spirit. Might realize the best version of yourself, and the actuality of potential, are really This, or, now, not in some future or after you ‘fix’ anything. 

(Running in general, not sure about 30 days of marathons in a row, but Godspeed!)


MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Could running a marathon a day for the next 30 days be considered a running meditation? 
 

I think sitting meditation can be okay, but Jedis are trained to be active and passive with the Force. Sitting down all day long does nothing for personal growth. The point of life is to grow into the best versions of ourselves and to maximize our potential in life. 
 

On our deathbed, we will be confronted by at least two main things, which are whether (1)we lived up to our potential and used every ounce of ourselves to the Universe, and if we also (2) enjoyed life and actually had fun and were playful with life.

So could running a marathon a day be a spiritual meditation practice that could combine both potential and playfulness? I believe what Rocky Balboa was doing was a spiritual practice. He found a reason to keep going and staying in the Ring of Life even though he could have easily laid down, stayed at home watching TV.

What do you think?

why not run a marathon and meditate, ying/yang. It's both at the same time.  You grow so much that one day you just collapse and disappear 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Live in the now, not in the next 30 days.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Have faith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago, I have developed a technique for running meditation, I practice it daily and it has produced great benefits for me and I've had several insights during the state of no-mind that this technique evoked. Check it out:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

So could sitting all day as well. I heard of research that suggested that we should only be sitting for less than 3 hours per day as it is bad for joints. Sitting for long periods of time could be unhealthy. I will probably build up to 30 day marathon.

This is why I do Qigong and meditationBalance your Yin and Yang. Too much running or two much sitting is probably a problem.

None that stood out to me. If there was a book like that, I would be surprised that I did not see it. I will check booklist again to see.

There is a book there, it's about a group of monks who run marathons.

 

Edited by Thought Art

"When you Look in the sky, Just try looking inside, God Knows what you might find... "Here Comes The Nighttime" -Arcade Fire 

Qigong and Spirituality +Vlog - Thought Art

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AdamR95 said:

The only judge on your deathbed will be you. So there is no need to live to your full potential unless you want to, its better to not be neurotic about it. True spirituality teaches you that progress or potential is ilusion. So do whatever you want and dont seek approval from people on internet. Whatever makes sence to you, do it.

True dat. I would also agree that progress and potential are illusions just like everything else. Life is an illusion, and I want to play this illusion to the fullest before it is over. I only get one shot at life and whether it is real, virtual, fiction or whatever does not matter to me because there is no alternative to beingness here and now that I am exposed to.

I am the only judge and the only one that matters on deathbed if I even have one. I think it is important to balance enjoyment and potential. If we are not growing and having fun, then what are we living for? 
 

9 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Live in the now, not in the next 30 days.

Right on brotha. Keep living now, and it is also important to plan and use concepts as long as we still focus on the present. Make the most of Now. There is no tomorrow.

 

10 hours ago, Globalcollective said:

why not run a marathon and meditate, ying/yang. It's both at the same time.  You grow so much that one day you just collapse and disappear 

That’s what I am saying. I realize that running and meditation and spirituality are all one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

There is a book there, it's about a group of monks who run marathons.

I will keep looking for it on booklist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tim R said:

A few years ago, I have developed a technique for running meditation, I practice it daily and it has produced great benefits for me and I've had several insights during the state of no-mind that this technique evoked. Check it out:

 

Oh wow! Wonderful post mate! I am no longer sitting on my ass. Get off the ass and hit the dirt. Real spirituality is in the discomfort. Hedonism is in the comfort. Keep going like Forrest Gump and Rocky Balboa!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Sitting down all day long does nothing for personal growth.

You’d be shocked. 
 

Running can be a form of spiritual and personal growth too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Right on brotha. Keep living now, and it is also important to plan and use concepts as long as we still focus on the present. Make the most of Now. There is no tomorrow.

I meant follow your intuition.

For example, try running today and see how it feels and maybe compare it to regular meditation. And when tomorrow comes, see if your body wants you to run or sit, and then decide. Who knows? You might get enlightened today after the running session, and then you won't need to run for the next 29 days. Or you simply might have sore muscles and sitting meditation will then be optimal.

I say it's your life. So, live it day by day, or better yet, moment by moment if it's possible.

After all, what's the point of 30 days? Why not 31 days or 29 days? If it's all made-up, then why should it have any authority over your life? Why choose a plan over intuition? Which one knows and will guide you better?


Have faith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Consilience said:

You’d be shocked. 
 

Running can be a form of spiritual and personal growth too. 

Good point. I was over-generalizing there, and I realize that now. Yeah. I see it now. Both can be powerful. My biases are that running a marathon would be more challenging, but I guess the same could be said about sitting and doing nothing! Lol! I just don’t think sitting for a long time is healthy for body and will not grow the body, but it may grow the mind. With running, I see it as growing both but I may do an update post after trying both. Many people already are sitting on their asses all day doing something, but very few can sit all day doing nothing.

The reason I choose running is because our bodies were designed to be active, and I heard that sitting down for long periods of time can lead to blood clots and other joint issues down the road. I guess the same could be said for running in a way, but at least it builds cardiovascular system and immune systems and is overall very healthy for body. But like anything, too much is too bad.

 

6 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

I meant follow your intuition.

For example, try running today and see how it feels and maybe compare it to regular meditation. And when tomorrow comes, see if your body wants you to run or sit, and then decide. Who knows? You might get enlightened today after the running session, and then you won't need to run for the next 29 days. Or you simply might have sore muscles and sitting meditation will then be optimal.

I say it's your life. So, live it day by day, or better yet, moment by moment if it's possible.

After all, what's the point of 30 days? Why not 31 days or 29 days? If it's all made-up, then why should it have any authority over your life? Why choose a plan over intuition? Which one knows and will guide you better?

That’s a good point. Trust our feelings and all. I need to work on following my intuition more. I typically just follow my highest passions and excitements and look for challenges I can do. Challenge is essence of growth. My highest excitement and goal is to be able to do a month marathon, but I realize that I need to build up to it. My heart tells me that I need to do more with my life besides sitting down all day at work helping clients and then coming home and winding down just to detox, self-care, and prepare for next day. 
 

My whole thing is “get busy living or get busy dying.” All we have to do is become an embodied of our loved potential. When I die, I want to realize that I gave it my all. Most of the gravestones I see sadden me because most have not lived their potential.

@Gesundheit2 what has helped you follow your intuition? All I do is follow that enjoyment and excitement. I want to make my grinds enjoyable and not grind through grinds.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now