Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlie cho

A big IF for those who say science has no practical use for spiritual development

14 posts in this topic

I'm not accusing anyone here. I'm mostly talking about myself. I used to feel that the studying the "scientific method" won't bring any practical usefulness in ones personal or spiritual development. Maybe, it will bring one success, material wealth, or a good analytical mind, but I was so sure that "Science" had nothing to do with spirituality. 

Recently, I've come to a realization that it is the scientific method that borne out DNA finger print testing. Blood type tests. Texture analysis. Color tests. For us to assess which type of chemicals were inside something or somebody. Using UV light, we are able to see chemicals that we weren't able to see with our bare eyes. This "Scientific method" of analyzing and sensing our world had brought out a normal person, who simply understood this logic, to find a criminal, save a victim from immense psychological and physical harm, even save a criminal from hurting others, thus saving him from hurting himself. These scientific analysis and tools had helped us navigate through manipulation and the deceit those vile people had created for us. It's the weaker evil that is brutal, honest, boasts, and is like a lion when causing harm. The greatest evils are quiet, kind, dishonest, secretive, and highly skilled in hiding. Science excels in exposing the greater evils. 

I can't imagine or fully take in the emotions of how much this "scientific method" had benefited a person's spiritual development, saved a person from suffering (often horrible and unspeakable ones), and even healed a person's physical body (by medical science). 

Science did not benefit only physical comfort, the economy, leisure, or the intelligence of the common people. 

It helped us become more healthy, and it is a irrefutable fact that it contributed much to justice. And these values of health and justice is high consciousness, no?

Edited by charlie cho

There is no such a thing as science being a sign of  low consciousness. You are creating that inside your mind. Of course, most scientists are unfortunately stuck on materialistic paradigm. But that doesn't make science valueless since materialistic world is part of the spirituality. There are multiple ways to reach same result. But materialism is more limited. We need both science and spirituality to maximize the output we get. Yes, there are scientists of lower consciousness. But there are also a lot of  scientist who accumulate many positive karma without knowing. You can't exclude scientists from the spiritual world. Of course, if that scientist in question were more spiritual, he or she would be far above you. You are giving lots of examples that scientists solve world problems,  catch the criminals, cure illnesses and calling those guys "of low consciousness" ? Sorry, I am not buying into it.

@HypnoticMagician hey, read carefully and see whether i specifically said scientists are low consciousness or high consciousness, you uninquisitive mind. 

Read the last paragraph before you accuse me of your own projection of idiocy

Edited by charlie cho

@BenG yes. I was caught in that trap in the past. Studying the scientific method a little more deeply by myself, i changed my mind about that

@charlie cho

"And these values of health and justice is high consciousness, no?"

Don't exaggerate. I too make mistakes but you are wrong here. And are you aware how it sounds ridiculous that you have just edited the last paragraph of your post thinking it is impossible for other members to notice you have changed it supposing they have as weak memory as yours. You just identified your ego with your twisted logic of attaching low consciousness to science. I recommend that moderators give you, at least, warning since you have attempted to deliberately mislead people just to get out of the situation.

1 hour ago, HypnoticMagician said:

@charlie cho

"And these values of health and justice is high consciousness, no?"

Don't exaggerate. I too make mistakes but you are wrong here. And are you aware how it sounds ridiculous that you have just edited the last paragraph of your post thinking it is impossible for other members to notice you have changed it supposing they have as weak memory as yours. You just identified your ego with your twisted logic of attaching low consciousness to science. I recommend that moderators give you, at least, warning since you have attempted to deliberately mislead people just to get out of the situation.

Ive edited it before you answered. Again you assume things without looking at the reality of it. Dude, youre a funny guy

Screenshot_20211015-192805_Chrome.jpg

Edited by charlie cho

3 hours ago, HypnoticMagician said:

There is no such a thing as science being a sign of  low consciousness. You are creating that inside your mind. Of course, most scientists are unfortunately stuck on materialistic paradigm. But that doesn't make science valueless since materialistic world is part of the spirituality. There are multiple ways to reach same result. But materialism is more limited. We need both science and spirituality to maximize the output we get. Yes, there are scientists of lower consciousness. But there are also a lot of  scientist who accumulate many positive karma without knowing. You can't exclude scientists from the spiritual world. Of course, if that scientist in question were more spiritual, he or she would be far above you. You are giving lots of examples that scientists solve world problems,  catch the criminals, cure illnesses and calling those guys "of low consciousness" ? Sorry, I am not buying into it.

Youre a funny guy. Tell me youre kidding

Edited by charlie cho

@charlie cho

"Youre a funny guy. Tell me youre kidding"

I don't know. Maybe, you have such a high consciousness that you are talking in a way I can't understand completely. Either your reasoning is fallacious or you have a far more advanced level of perception I am not ready to dechiper. I have no idea about what to say after this point.

Science is probably our best shot at helping to create a world we would like to live in. It allows us to study and address huge issues that we face in the relative world. If, right now, we were asked whether we'd like to return to a state prior to dental care and the engineering knowledge needed to build working bridges, I think most of us would say "no." Progress and the evolution of ideas are not something that can be put back in the toothpaste tube. So as long as sentient creatures exist, technology and science will march along. They are absolutely wonderful tools for building a world with minimal unnecessary pain. And furthermore, without science, we would be unable to record and pass down knowledge related to things such as awakening. Forums like this one are expediting the process of mental development for the species. 

That being said, the key word is "tools." As another poster said, science cannot (and should not be asked to) grasp the Absolute. This is a personal matter, not a collective one. 

Transcend and include.

That's what you must do with science.

You don't abandon it.

Of course material developments help with spiritual development. If done properly.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Without science we wouldn't have computers and internet so this forum wouldn't be possible. But we can also say it's all God's imagination/dream so it's not really important at all.

Without God you wouldn't have computers or internet ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Without God you wouldn't have computers or internet ;)

He is God silly! :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.