Vision

EMF Radiation - Is it something to be concerned about?

13 posts in this topic

We are surrounded by technology, everywhere. A lot more than our ancestors. I think that if it did have harmful effects, it would make sense. 

Is it something to think about? What is the research on it? How can we reduce our exposure to EMFs? 

Also, what are your thoughts on accessories that reduce EMF exposure such as DefenderShield's products? SafeSleeveCases is another one.

Edited by Vision

It is absolutely a real issue. I have studied this topic extensively given I've struggled with health issues for years. I am very sensitive to it because I have Lyme disease and I can literally feel it. You can also purchase meters where you can measure how strong the fields are. I'm having a building biologist examine my home for EMF's in a few weeks. Part of the problem with the research side of things is that these telecommunications companies don't want people knowing the dangers of it because its a muli multi-billion dollar industry so a lot of the research is greatly suppressed. If you study more holistic medicine it is very common knowledge that it is an issue. The main things a person can do is lower the levels as much as possible within their home and control that environment. So when they are recovering and sleeping their body can finally get a break from it. Some things you can do are turn off your wifi within your home and use an ethernet connection to your computer instead or at least turn it off before you go to sleep. Keep distance between you and your cell phone and keep it in airplane mode as much as possible. Sleep in a Farraday cage that surrounds your bed to block RF signals. You can get dirty electricity filters for the wall outlets. There is also a device called an EMF kill switch that turns off select parts of the electrical circuit breaker before bed. There are many different solutions. If you are serious about your health I would definitely learn more about this topic. 

A really good book that covers the topic is: EMF*D: 5G, Wi-Fi & Cell Phones: Hidden Harms and How to Protect Yourself by Dr. Josepth Mercola.

Good article: https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/lifestyle-articles/emf/

Podcast: https://www.lukestorey.com/lifestylistpodcast/emf-solutions-how-to-mitigate-cell-phone-wifi-computer-radiation-dangers-with-daniel-debaun-269

@Vision

Thanks for your response @Austin Actualizing 

6 hours ago, Austin Actualizing said:

You can also purchase meters where you can measure how strong the fields are.

Where can I find them?

I'm having a building biologist examine my home for EMF's in a few weeks.

Woah, I didn't even know they existed!

Part of the problem with the research side of things is that these telecommunications companies don't want people knowing the dangers of it because its a muli multi-billion dollar industry so a lot of the research is greatly suppressed.

I see. Is it sort of like the fast food industry? McDonald's basically feeding poison to people while still being in business? 

If you study more holistic medicine it is very common knowledge that it is an issue.

That must be why my naturopath gave me a PDF on reducing EMF exposure a few months back.

A really good book that covers the topic is: EMF*D: 5G, Wi-Fi & Cell Phones: Hidden Harms and How to Protect Yourself by Dr. Josepth Mercola.

Good article: https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/lifestyle-articles/emf/

I actually bought that book and read that article a few minutes after making this post. Scoured through the forum to see if anyone else talked about EMFs and came across @LfcCharlie4 posts, who also recommended this exact book and article haha. What a coincidence. 

Thank you! Watched his video on DefenderShield too. 

Edited by Vision

I think EMF is one of those topics that it is not as serious as it is commonly being thought but not as unharmful that it should completely be ignored. We should all take some level of precaution, be it earthing ourselves when we can, clean up our diets, exercise and swat to support detoxification, may switch of your wifi at night, don't overuse bloetooth headphones etc. 

But at the same time we should not become so keen on this that we lose sight of more important things. For example there are still people who believe bacon is healthy or that eating beef steaks every day is healthy or that eating butter is somewhat beneficial for the gut. It is these things that will harm your health hundred times more and faster than EMF for which we only have mechanistic reasoning so far (means no human studies have shown direct harm, not even observational studies).

So it is all about wider perspective. The anxiety of thinking one is being bombarded by EMF can cause more damage than the EMF itself. There is also the risk of becoming vulnerable to snake oil salesmen offering tinfoil hats and other "protective solutions" as well as supplements that are supposed to deter radiation (again based on mechanistic speculation and no human data) that serves them but not necessarily the user....just saying.

EMF is probably something to be somewhat concerned about going forward but there ar more immediate pressing things such as what we eat, the way we piss and shit on our environment and all the toxic garbage we are being exposed to discussed as premium cosmetics, sports products, dodgy protein powders and all sorts of other "goodies". 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Vision

I realized I too exaggerated how much electromagnetic radiation could harm me. It is complete 0. Yes, "zero" in black and white. It may still have some affect for beginners since you are conditioning your brain to inflammation through anxiety. I recommend fasting to reduce or completely disable inflammation as it slows down the speed of the communication between your neurons. There are researches stating that long term meditation deactivates your inflammation genes completely if done properly. I recommend doing both.

@Michael569 I agree. It's not something to completely ignore. 

I ended up getting the DefenderShield case for my phone which was 60% off on their website, my phone model was literally the only model that had that discount. $30 for something that costs $80 - the odds were in my favour :D 

I'm assuming it was a clearance sale, since companies usually discontinue making cases for older phones like mine. 

15 minutes ago, HypnoticMagician said:

I realized I too exaggerated how much electromagnetic radiation could harm me. It is complete 0. Yes, "zero" in black and white.

How do you know? 

While I don't know for sure. I wouldn't want to play Russian Roulette with my health. 

17 minutes ago, HypnoticMagician said:

It may still have some affect for beginners since you are conditioning your brain to inflammation through anxiety.

I don't think I'm anxious about this. It's more being cautious. 

19 minutes ago, HypnoticMagician said:

I recommend fasting to reduce or completely disable inflammation as it slows down the speed of the communication between your neurons. There are researches stating that long term meditation deactivates your inflammation genes completely if done properly. I recommend doing both.

As in fasting from food? I'm interested in learning more about this. Any resources? 

@Vision

"As in fasting from food? I'm interested in learning more about this. Any resources?"

I mean intermittent fasting and dry fasting by fasting. I recommend doing both interchangeably on alternate days.

EMF Radiation is a difficult topic.
There are those who say that they are sensible to the negative impact of such technologies, but then, if you go and test their claims in a double-blind setting, the effect suddenly disappears. That said, there is a huge amount of known and also unknown unknowns in this area. So anything that goes beyond a healthy agnosticism is in my opinion to be taken with a grain of salt. I disagree with the notion that big players in the telecommunication industry delibrately hold back studies and datasets to keep the masses uninformed. There is plenty of independent reserach is this field and nobody stops you from analyzing that data. Also. thats not how things work. You cant put a information-lid on something so wide spread like EMF-rad. You could literally perform experiments in your own basement. 

Its also really, really difficult to objectively look at those "subjective" outcomes. Placebo will almost inevitabely upset your plans if not carefully being taken care of. You just cant trust yourself in that case. 

As Michael already mentioned, there are far more obvious things we should keep in my mind before getting crazy about 5G and your living room's router. Adding to his examples, the one that baffles me the most are endocrine disruptors/volatile organic compounds and other enviromental toxins that you can find EVERYWHERE. The science is so clear and health effects propably even worse than we thought. 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

14 hours ago, undeather said:

I disagree with the notion that big players in the telecommunication industry delibrately hold back studies and datasets to keep the masses uninformed.

@undeather Yeah. I don't know whether they are or aren't, but I don't see how knowing whether they are or aren't would be particularly helpful.

As Michael already mentioned, there are far more obvious things we should keep in my mind before getting crazy about 5G and your living room's router.

I agree. I wouldn't want to completely disregard it though. I'm giving attention where it's due. 

the one that baffles me the most are endocrine disruptors/volatile organic compounds and other enviromental toxins that you can find EVERYWHERE. The science is so clear and health effects propably even worse than we thought. 

What are those?

7 hours ago, Vision said:

@undeather Yeah. I don't know whether they are or aren't, but I don't see how knowing whether they are or aren't would be particularly helpful.

I agree. I wouldn't want to completely disregard it though. I'm giving attention where it's due. 

What are those?

Here is a good starting point for this rabbit hole

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

22 hours ago, undeather said:

Adding to his examples, the one that baffles me the most are endocrine disruptors/volatile organic compounds and other enviromental toxins that you can find EVERYWHERE. The science is so clear and health effects propably even worse than we thought. 

Man, when I brought this topic to a medical doctor student in my country I was laughed at. Glad to see that at least in some countries medical experts are taking this topic seriously ^_^

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Man, when I brought this topic to a medical doctor student in my country I was laughed at. Glad to see that at least in some countries medical experts are taking this topic seriously ^_^

Ahh, the inflated ego of the medical student - classic one. 

- Rainer Maria Rilke

13 hours ago, undeather said:

Here is a good starting point for this rabbit hole

@undeather Just watched the video, thank you. 

So how do we reduce our exposure to things like phthalates/endocrine disruptors/volatile organic compounds?