Sunmaster14

Is it "easier' to reach non-dual states as a male?

64 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm pretty new to Leo's YT channel and forum, but not new to spirituality and psychedelics. While watching the Spiral Dynamic - Turquoise video, I was reading some of the comments. One in particular made me think. It was by a woman complaining about the lack of females at the higher levels. It was quite obvious that she was coming from a green perspective, citing some kind of improbable male conspiracy as a reason for this inequality. 

Still, it seems to be true that of all the turquoise leaders/gurus/teachers, perhaps 90% are male.

My personal explanation is that maybe a male incarnation is more conducive to reach higher states of consciousness. Or maybe being male drives one to actively seeking these higher states more than being female. That, paired with the male tendency to "stand out" and be a leader (as opposed of the more female trait of working behind the scenes in a community), could be the underlying reason for it.

Just an idea....a work in progress.

Curious to see what others think.

From the biological perspective, it's probably due to different IQ distribution between the sexes. More women tend to have average IQ compared to men while more men tend to have lower and higher than average IQ compared to women. 

20211014_175033.jpg

IQ has literally nothing to do with awakening. There may be cultural factors at play, but IQ? Nah. 

Women have Different Brain chemistry. 

They are solipsistic by Natur. Their ego is stronger. 

Maybe all these existential crisis which happens to men are not a Problem for them. 

9 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

IQ has literally nothing to do with awakening. There may be cultural factors at play, but IQ? Nah. 

I've noticed that people with higher IQ in my surrounding are more interested in spiritual and metaphysical stuff.

9 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

@Tyler Durden lol. What

That is just a possible explanation. I'm not saying it's true, I could be completely wrong.

Correlation isn't causation. You can also find tons of "smart" dudes who are extremely materialist and shun any ideas of spiritual work. 

@OBEler There is zerooooo proof that women are more "solipsistic" by nature. If you think men don't struggle with egos and aggressive displays of self-cherishing, you're putting on blinders. This sounds like your bias more than any actual reality. 

@Sunmaster14 I think women walk the path but it is less obvious. Some of the most enlightened beings I know are feminine but they aren't obviously interested in truth and understanding.  They have less of the 'intellect' trait in the big 5. But they embody the traits of selflessness,  devotion,  love, gentleness and compassion effortlessly. 

???????

6 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

Correlation isn't causation. You can also find tons of "smart" dudes who are extremely materialist and shun any ideas of spiritual work. 

Of course, I agree with that. Not all high IQ people are into spiritual work but people who are into spiritual work usually have a high IQ.

Edited by Tyler Durden

@Proserpina yes, I believe this reasoning goes in the right direction.

I think it's interesting though...of all the teachers and masters I've studied, only a handful were women. 

1 minute ago, Jakuchu said:

This can go in a very wrong direction

It certainly can. This kind of male vs female logic is, historically, part of the justification used by many different religions and sects to keep women out of monasteries and temples. Then there's the whole temptation angle, the uncleanliness one, etc...

We really don't need more reasons for humans to divide themselves along ideological lines. Awakening belongs to every being equally. 

3 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

It certainly can. This kind of male vs female logic is, historically, part of the justification used by many different religions and sects to keep women out of monasteries and temples. Then there's the whole temptation angle, the uncleanliness one, etc...

We really don't need more reasons for humans to divide themselves along ideological lines. Awakening belongs to every being equally. 

If there is one place where we can have a rational, civilised conversation about controversial topics, I sure hope it's here!

I agree that awakening belongs to everyone, but fact is that today's spiritual leaders and masters are predominantly male, and I'm curious to know why that is so. 

I need no woke gender drama and feminist conspiracy theories. I'm looking for the highest possible perspective.

1 hour ago, OneHandClap said:

Yes

In most parts of the world women are still quite suppressed. They are busy fighting for basic women rights, like not getting raped

And there is definitely more social pressure on women to be a certain way than there is on men

Generally I would say most women tend to be a people pleaser type which makes one dependent on other people. But spirituality at times requires you to be bold and not give a fuck about other people. They lack that freed up attitude 

Edited by Jakuchu

10 minutes ago, Sunmaster14 said:

If there is one place where we can have a rational, civilised conversation about controversial topics, I sure hope it's here!

I agree that awakening belongs to everyone, but fact is that today's spiritual leaders and masters are predominantly male, and I'm curious to know why that is so. 

I need no woke gender drama and feminist conspiracy theories. I'm looking for the highest possible perspective.

There's no conspiracy here; I'm merely pointing out that there's a whole cultural history you need to examine before asking a question like this. It's a bit like asking why there aren't as many female scientists. When you have entire institutions that have been built for hundreds/thousands of years to exclude an entire gender/sex, it makes sense that the leading experts in that field would be the gender/sex that hasn't been barred from participation. 

RE; Is it "easier' to reach non-dual states as a male?

I think not.

@OneHandClap @Jakuchu I agree.

Rhetorical question,,, Who are those that are more able to become passive towards themselves or their personality? Specifically their thoughts and opinions, beliefs, etc.,,

Maybe nondual capacity in contemporary women is overlooked because of the blindspots and prejudices inherent in our dying patriarchical paradigm,,, 

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

everyone is 50% male 50% female

difference is interesting but superflous and transcend-able 

god is gender neutral

@OneHandClap ah really no proof? 

Then why always men give their life up for saving someone elses life? 

In a life threatening Situation a woman always think about herself and her children(which She See as a Part of herself).not ONE thought of any men. Well studied. But no one wants to hear this truth

3 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@OneHandClap ah really no proof? 

Then why always men give their life up for saving someone elses life? 

In a life threatening Situation a woman always think about herself and her children(which She See as a Part of herself).not ONE thought of any men. Well studied. But no one wants to hear this truth

Sounds like incel logic to me. You are just baselessly declaring women as inherently selfish and then providing no proof of your own claim. If it is so "well studied," you should be able to link some sources here instead of just constantly bashing women as having larger egos than men.