EugeneTheSage

Fast [healthy] food

10 posts in this topic

I'm full of **** (work).  I glad I finally became eating healthy. Most of my food is raw greens.

But...

I feel guilt when I spend 2hrs a day cutting the ingredients and washing the dishes - I eat 2 times a day. I work 6-7 hrs a day while should work 10. Big responsibility lays on my shoulders.

Here are my ideas for a quick meal:

• Huel shake powder (europeans may know). Plant based powder from fruits and veggies. Just dillute with water and drink. However I don't sure it is nutritionally complete meal. Even they tell it is rather complementary snack. But the whole process takes less than 10 mins (including washing the shaker)
  •  Seaweed. I've ordered few killograms of dried seaweed and I will be soaking and eating it. However soaking still takes time so I'll need to swing between kitchen and office which is not perfect

Now is your turn: how would you solve this problem?

I would make a big soup that lasts an entire week. It consists of 3 major ingredients: vegetables (ones preference), a whole grain (like whole rice) and a legume (eg lentil). It takes you one and a half hour but is just one day. Mine usually lasts 5 days before is gone.

This is an example of a soup that looks delicious.

If you spend so much time on washing food buy prewashed. Value your time.

In Tate we trust

Get a pressure cooker and cook in bulk. One cooking = 6 meals ahead. The best time saving method I've found so far. And saves on washing dishes a bit as well. 

All you need then is bunch of glass containers to carry the batch to work and a place to heat it. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 What about frozen vegetables (or even vegetables + legumes, frozen) packages that you cook on the spot?

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

1 hour ago, Superfluo said:

What about frozen vegetables (or even vegetables + legumes, frozen) packages that you cook on the spot?

That's certainly an option as well. Dump them all in a pot with some spices, salt and oil and after some additional cooking you've got an easy soup going on. With the pressure cooker you can get there in 25 minutes. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I work about 8 hours a day. I cook for myself and my family. And do house hold cleaning chores. I also exercise, read, write everyday. I don't watch television or socialize much as there's very little time left. 

I eat one cooked meal a day. Haven't eaten cooked meal recently due to hot weather. But here is something that is quick and easy. 

Breakfast: Fruits, dry fruits or smoothies. No need to cook.

Lunch: Khichdi, rice & dal, pasta, rava upma, rava uttappam, etc. (these are Indian dishes, I'm in India) Khichdi is the most efficient dish I could cook. whenever I'm short on time, which is like 3-4 days a week, I make khichdi. Add vegetables to it. It is filling and extremely healthy. 

I don't have anything post lunch. If I'm hungry, I have fruits again. 

Also, consider cooking and cleaning as an investment to your life and health instead of a chore. Try paying extreme attention while you do and it may become a meditative experience. 

Smoothie is not an option. Because I need to wash blender immediately, because It is common kitchen. Cooking soup is also not an option because my fridge is to small for a pot. Besides I try to eat as much raw as I can.

I think I'll stick with soaking seaweed - it takes 10 mins beforu you can consume. And I love it. Soak it with himalayan salt and add some olive oil, spices, and you are ready to go.

I also think to replace fruit smoothinv in the morning with fruits.

17 hours ago, rNOW said: