zzboy

Covid vaccine mandate

67 posts in this topic

@Harlen Kelly also, my main argument is not 'we should allow Covid because there's just too many people.'.. my main argument is twofold: that 1, we do not know the ultimate consequences of our actions, and 2, we are not in a position to say what 'should' happen in the world.  Who's to say Humans should survive?  You? Only because you are one.  How selfish.  Human population is growing, meanwhile 16,306 separate species of animals are considered 'endangered'. 

Grow your circle of concern. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Harlen Kelly nope, not me. Shouldn't are the exact same as shoulds. They are entirely subjective.

Shoulds and shouldn'ts are really 'should if's and 'shouldn't if's where the if condition is some subjective goal. 

There is no objective way the Universe should or shouldn't be. 

The Universe doesn't care if humans survive.

4 hours ago, Harlen Kelly said:

Who is to say humans shouldn't survive?

God.

Remember that death is a feature, not a malfunction. Without death, there couldn't be life. Without change or in-permanence, things would get very overcrowded.

Death is not to be feared, but to be respected.

1 hour ago, Mason Riggle said:

There is no objective way the Universe should or shouldn't be. 

Therefore there is no reason to say ''lets don't overpopulated the planet'' or ''it means we prioritize all sentient life, current and future'' as you stated previously since there is no particular way the Universe ought to be and we are not in a position to say what 'should' happen in the world.

1 hour ago, cookiemonster said:

Death is not to be feared, but to be respected.

That's like saying you should respect santa claus, an imaginary character. Death is to be recognized as an illusion. 

Edited by Harlen Kelly

27 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

That's like saying you should respect santa claus, an imaginary character. Death is to be recognized as an illusion. 

Death, as the opposite of life, is indeed an illusion.

Death, as the opposite of birth, is very much a feature.

2 hours ago, Harlen Kelly said:

Therefore there is no reason to say ''lets don't overpopulated the planet'' or ''it means we prioritize all sentient life, current and future'' as you stated previously since there is no particular way the Universe ought to be and we are not in a position to say what 'should' happen in the world. 

Fair enough.