zzboy

Covid vaccine mandate

67 posts in this topic

Does any body have thoughts about covid vaccine mandate?

The more time passes the more I am for it. 

And depends on what mandate are we talking about. 

It’s kinda funny how back when we made vaccines for things like tetanus, small pox and polio, no one had to be forced or convinced to get the vaccines. Basically everyone just did it totally willingly, cause they were like “Bruh, I don’t wanna get diseases, gimme them vaccines! Thank God they made these vaccines! It’s a miracle!”  

But now… this. 

Humans will never cease to amaze me.  

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

On 10/13/2021 at 6:04 PM, The Lucid Dreamer said:

It’s kinda funny how back when we made vaccines for things like tetanus, small pox and polio, no one had to be forced or convinced to get the vaccines. Basically everyone just did it totally willingly, cause they were like “Bruh, I don’t wanna get diseases, gimme them vaccines! Thank God they made these vaccines! It’s a miracle!”  

But now… this. 

A lot of the people who refuse the vaccine are not anti-vax.

They simply don't want to take a vaccine that has been rushed, unlike all the other vaccines that you listed.

Normal reaction, nothing to be amazed by.

On 10/14/2021 at 9:04 AM, The Lucid Dreamer said:

But now… this. 

Yep, that is exactly what happened in Melbourne. Now we are living in hell. The statement "get vaccinated without mandates" is simply too nuanced.

On 10/14/2021 at 0:34 AM, zzboy said:

Does any body have thoughts about covid vaccine mandate?

@vladorionof course it has been rushed. 

it is yet the only option we got.. calling  for a mandate will be against democracy...we got the right to take or reject it and accept the consequences of doing so.

@zzboy  I would genuinely recommend taking the vaccine ... the vaccines have been in circulation for almost a year now and a good percentage has been vaccinated. although not strongly studied for years, it is still worth it if you don't wanna get wiped out by natural selection.:D

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

Its important to limit government power and control.  Their intentions should always be audited based on their history.  

Many people in Europe have been protesting against it, vaccinated or not they are skeptical with forced mandates.  When it comes to progressive ideas, European countries like Sweden, Switzerland, Finland are for advanced with their politics and how the government should be involved in peoples lives.  

Portugal eradicated its drug problem have having centers where people can get drugs for free and have a choice to receive therapy.  

Glenn Greenwald goes into it, he's one of the most if not the most trusted and respected journalist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5GiuWJqYJg&t=357s

Edited by Tanz

People are mostly selfish morons, even in this forum.

Without vaccines, we are doomed to economic collapse, lockdowns and deaths.

The "individual freedom" is never above collective survival.

People love to scream their rights but no one likes to have collective duties, this indicates a lack of ego development. 

We need daddy government to make tough decisions.

1 hour ago, Recursoinominado said:

People are mostly selfish morons, even in this forum.

Without vaccines, we are doomed to economic collapse, lockdowns and deaths.

People love to scream their rights but no one likes to have collective duties, this indicates a lack of ego development. 

We need daddy government to make tough decisions.

This.  I couldn't have said it any better myself.

2 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

That's what he said

(Adolf, Joseph and Mao etc.)

14 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

"The overall death rate from covid-19 has been estimated at 0.66%, rising sharply to 7.8% in people aged over 80 and declining to 0.0016% in children aged 9 and under.1" https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1327

Idk man...sounds a bit extreme. 

20 minutes ago, Ry4n said:

"The overall death rate from covid-19 has been estimated at 0.66%, rising sharply to 7.8% in people aged over 80 and declining to 0.0016% in children aged 9 and under.1" https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m1327

That study is from April 2020 and not at all accurate anymore. 

Don't let this thread derail. 

Many people on the left support mandates because the narrative has been appealing to people's hearts and liberal people tend to be guided by the best aspects of human nature.  
The right tends to be more intellectual, individualistic and is more doubtful of human nature.  

I believe if there weren't so many companies and individuals profiting so much during these mandates the perception of them would not be so negative.  
Instead of printing money to give it to the rich that money could have been spent for infrastructure to support the sick.  The pharma companies should release that patent on the vax and just break even without hurting their wallets. The government could have offered them tax rebates or tax credit for the future.  Big tech profited the most during this time and they have little to do with this pandemic as far as the contribution to alleviating covid.  
Trust needs to be earned and they have done little to do that.  

Edited by Tanz

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

That study is from April 2020 and not at all accurate anymore. 

Don't let this thread derail. 

My bad, do you have a better one? It's still related to the thread.

Edited by Ry4n

@Ry4n

1 hour ago, Ry4n said:

This isn't including all the non-COVID deaths that occured from not receiving care when emergency services and hospitals are at max capacity with COVID patients. We know just how much worse it would have been without lockdowns and vaccines.

The US justified a 20 year war over 9/11 where we lost the same amount of lives that we lose to COVID on a daily basis the past year and a half. You could call that the extreme end of things. 

99% of deaths are among the unvaccinated. Avoidable deaths. 

13 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

That's what he said

(Adolf, Joseph and Mao etc.)

Sorry you need to be forced not to kill people I hope you understand. There's no freedom without law. Basically all law puts the collective over the individual. But seething and fomenting fascist comparisons is always an option too. The collective is always prior to the individual. You're on the shoulders of giants. :)

Edited by fortifyacacia3