Leo Gura

Mega-dose Psilocybin Mushrooms

70 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

It is a commonly repeated lie that you cannot cause brain damage with psychedelics.  There are plenty of cases where this does happen, it just isn't obvious to us with our current limited ways of looking at the human brain with instruments.  It's not as clearly apparent as, say, the damage caused by a stroke.  I assure you, this potential danger should be taken very seriously.  It's like if you were to go rock climbing and not consider what gravity can do to you.  

@Heart of Space  Could you point to some sources where this sort of thing has been documented?  I'm interested in reading about possible adverse effects.

3 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

@Heart of Space  Could you point to some sources where this sort of thing has been documented?  I'm interested in reading about possible adverse effects.

It's been documented a ton.  Google individual cases where people have ended up institutionalized because of usage.  Google countless anecdotal instances where people have clearly poorer brain function and strange new neural connections which affect their behavior negatively, PTSD, hallucinations, or deep clinical depression from a neurochemical imbalance, and more.  

Are you looking for clinical scientific studies?  As I said earlier our understanding of the human brain and our ability to study it is rudimentary.  We can't measure or directly see the negative effects of many things on the brain with our current technology.  

Typical new age psychedelic users in denial will usually counter with the "there's no studies that directly show this," or when you show that the drugs clearly sometimes worsen and bring out life ruining latent mental disorders they'll respond with "that would have happened to them anyways."  Sounds like denial to me.  It's the same people that will constantly scream in your face that weed has absolutely zero negative effects and cures cancer.  

There's very little understanding of the negative effects from a scientific stand point, in fact, there's very little understanding of the effects in general.  But, hefty personal experience and experience around people who've done a lot of these drugs shows that they very evidently do have negative effects when used too frequently, irresponsibly, or when you just happen to have particular genetics that form a brain that is not agreeable to the drugs.  It's a shame there's so much woo woo, denial, and dishonesty around this aspect of the drugs.  I think it harms many people.  Even weed causes brain damage when used too much, now that I can show you clear study where with too much use it shrinks a part of your frontal cortex and causes more impulsivity and risk taking behavior.  And that's a very new study to boot.  

Edited by Heart of Space

Damn, I am such a necromancy-troll...sorry, if this may result in having this thread locked....but I am just daring enough to write this without giving a shit...I recently realized that by suggesting caution to others (Re: 30 grams)...I am being quite the little fucking hypocrite....which is not something I wish to be....On one hand, I do have concerns about large doses and perma-high...on the other hand, it really was not my place to allow my emotional reactions dictate my response to others....fear is like a virus or poison - it can infect others with it's toxic and often unfounded notions...I can think of a multitude of instances where I have allowed fear, intentionally flung at me by others, to cloud my thoughts and choices....We have enough of our own fears, we do not need additional fears from external sources adding to the rigidity of our lives....

perhaps for some, 30 grams is the exact dose needed to transcend human ego bullshit and radiate their cosmic splendor instead....perhaps for others (maybe with pre-existing mental illness, or those that are somehow pre-disposed to perm-high) 30 grams is enough to destroy their life...I don't fucking know...I have no fucking clue...and admit that wholeheartedly, while offering forgiveness for myself....and apologies to you, if I perpetuated the fear cycle (but you have the choice not to let fear through your gates!) anyway, enough of this time-travel to a past post...heading back to the present and future again...3,2,1 -balst off!

I don't think you need to directly associate fear with caution.  Being cautious enough to not jump off a building is not the same as senseless fear-mongering.  

Caution should indeed be given with regard to any psychedelic, ESPECIALLY with mega doses.  After that, it is up to each individual to understand the rationale behind the caution, and not turn it into pointless fear. 

As a side note to anybody reading this, don't even consider doing more than 5 grams of mushrooms unless you really know what you are doing.  Meaning you have tons of experience tripping.

Edited by Real Eyes

Some people... have so much to say based on what they seen and heard on the TV and believe but lack direct experience themselves. Always being negative on the forums mainly due to lack of direct experience, please keep quiet if you don't "know" for sure what you are talking about because when do finally wake up its going to be more a curse than a blessing.

If you don't have anything positive or atleast neutral to say its best to keep quiet, you'll understand why in time.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

It seems like anything anyone has a problem with, is themselves. The thing to do, is liberate with knowledge and awareness of one's projection. No?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

A few weeks ago I read this post. At that time I had quit an amount of dried Mushroom laying around. 

So I did 25g. In fact I havent read all the replies to this post, but seemingly not many have tried it. Thats why I´m posting this.

I do not think anyone gets much insight out of my report, any other than by watching some of Leo´s videos. 
But the point I wanted to make right here is, that such a high dose really has nothing to do with what is going on in the 1-6g range, it´s profoundly different. I havn´t tried the 5MEO stuff, so I can´t draw a comparison as of yet. It´s quiet advanturous and can indeed get pretty paranormal. So be warned. 

Another thing I want to mention is that I got some memory holes thinking back to the Experience, so seemingly some things just went way over my head. 

But it was by far the most growth inducing Trip I´ve ever done. So if you decide to try something similar, I wish you great success on your jurney!

2 hours ago, Shogun said:

A few weeks ago I read this post. At that time I had quit an amount of dried Mushroom laying around. 

So I did 25g. In fact I havent read all the replies to this post, but seemingly not many have tried it. Thats why I´m posting this.

I do not think anyone gets much insight out of my report, any other than by watching some of Leo´s videos. 
But the point I wanted to make right here is, that such a high dose really has nothing to do with what is going on in the 1-6g range, it´s profoundly different. I havn´t tried the 5MEO stuff, so I can´t draw a comparison as of yet. It´s quiet advanturous and can indeed get pretty paranormal. So be warned. 

Another thing I want to mention is that I got some memory holes thinking back to the Experience, so seemingly some things just went way over my head. 

But it was by far the most growth inducing Trip I´ve ever done. So if you decide to try something similar, I wish you great success on your jurney!

Did you eat all of the mushrooms or did you brew a tea or something like that?
I get instant digestion problems and nausea eating even 2 or 3 grams. Can't imagine how bad it became on 20+.

Also can you draw a comparison to a "normal" (1-6g) shroom trip? I can imagine the point where you have to let go comes quite quickly during the come up.

4 hours ago, Shogun said:

Great first post :) 

Of course we want to hear a little bit more (maybe a report?)!

Everybody loves stories. 

Peace