Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fleetinglife

Are social media platforms good for your mental health in the guise of providing info

1 post in this topic

I've been on Twitter recently to check out the World News and News here where I live and the anti-China obsession and hysteria from almost every Western media news outlet and people regarding the possible fearmongering over the war in Taiwan there is amazing. It seems to me like mass psychosis from this perspective of a manufactured international crisis everyone should mentally and ideologically prepping for when it comes to fruition to cast either their condemnation and/or praise or to be in angsty preparation for a serious international crisis or conflict breaking out between two major world forces. I see it as sick overfetishization of possible incoming moves and stages leading to a major international crisis or conflict and very not good for the mental health of individuals following the news - I basically see them performing what former US secretary of state under the Eisenhower Administration John Foster Dulles called war-time inducing mass psychology injection among the general populace following the news. Anyways my question is what to do when you want to follow the news and not to get dragged in this mass hysteria and obsession over two countries most of them haven't ever stepped foot on and are mostly clueless and don't know anything about?

I am sorry in advance to the mods if this should be moved to the society, environment, and government forum section, I have only posted it here because this hysteria is when I want to read the news seriously affecting me in causing and reinforcing my instances of depression and over darkening the world, its direction and its affairs.

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'