Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PepperBlossoms

Thinking and Acting in terms of infinity

3 posts in this topic

Does it make it harder/easier for you to think in terms of infinity?

Conservatives and liberals of today will change over and over again to where they will look nothing like how they look now in terms of infinity.  So will humans, the universe, all life, ideas, planets, whatever.

Does that make it harder to have a purpose or how do you relate to that?  Using the perspective of: I have been here forever and will always be and I as infinity keep on shapeshifting and the stuff I create with my human body will probably get destroyed regardless but then - do you still make stuff anyway?

The elaborate worlds we create could get smushed as we are an atom-sized universe compared to another entity that ate a chip for lunch and swallowed our universe or stepped on it or sneezed on it.

But yet we keep on creating and imagining anyway knowing it will get destroyed because it is forever and we enjoy playing around in forever........?

It might help (for practical survival sanity reasons) to separate Absolute vs relative (even though they collapse into One at the end of the day). Yes, the Absolute is infinite and will always be Here, so to speak. But the relative will not and can not by its very nature. Impermanence is beautiful because there's nothing to take too seriously - it's all just creation for the sake of creation. And yet it's also the only thing that's happening, so it's literally a Miracle. 

Reminds me of this Jeff Foster quote I read today:

"Right now, we stand on sacred and holy ground, for that which will be lost has not yet been lost, and realizing this is the key to unspeakable joy.

Whoever or whatever is in your life right now has not yet been taken away from you. This may sound trivial, obvious, like nothing, but really it is the key to everything, the why and how and wherefore of existence.

Impermanence has already rendered everything and everyone around you so deeply holy and significant and worthy of your heartbreaking gratitude.

Loss has already transfigured your life into an altar.” Jeff Foster