PurpleTree

What's your relationship like with your mother?

9 posts in this topic

Growing up as an only child with a single mother, grandparents died when i was young, it is sometimes a weird relationship.

And she was often not very mentally stable  (Well she was more stable than some of the other single mothers in my street, but some of those "children" are dead or in jail)

I'd say our relationship is 70% good and 30% toxic. We're both sensitive which can cause a lot of fights. We fought a lot and even now in my 30s we can get into a heated non friendly argument quite easy.

But she's also trustworthy imo and has mostly a good heart.

Her birthday is one day after mine, both capricorns for what it's worth.

I'm also scared when something happens to my her or she dies because then basically my whole family is gone.

Remember as a kid i saw her have her first epileptic seizure while only the two of us were travelling in another country, think i was traumatised. :|

Anyway what's your relationship with your mother?

Didn't know where to put this

you guys don't have mothers?

You some laboratory test tube jackasses ?

Mine: was mostly unhealthy. Mother was mentally unstable, way to emotional. My Mother needed emotional support from their kids way to much, anybody who thinks about getting kids, please think about your emotional maturity before you do that. 

Most Mothers are not ready to be good mothers, they simply don't know what to do with their lives so they get kids. 

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

Good. I didn't fully appreciate her until I got older, in my 20's at some point. Becoming a mom especially changed that. I would have said there was a lot wrong before.  Probably it's still dawning on me how much I appreciate her.  

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

My Mom cared, but she was also domineering.

I'm just now changing that in our relationship, and I am in my 30s.

Takes courage.

My Mom. Well she is seeks approval a lot. Especially about her made food. But she is understanding. And I wouldn't want any other mother.

I have a really good relationship with my mother. She is amazing, very loving and understanding.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

My relationship with my mother is a very interesting one. Since I have had too many violent arguments with her. It took a few years to get to a safe place. She was very needy and I was very rebellious, disgusting, immature, naïve, and the list goes on...

After she remarried and found a stable man in her life. I believe this gave her time what she needed to be able to receive me. I had done spiritual work myself so I got better at it too. But it's mostly on her.

I am able to talk to her as an adult to an adult. Person to person conversation. And less mother and son. Sometimes though more mother and son. So it varies. But it's a healthy place where we can have conversation.

It is strange because this relationship deeply reflects back to me the state of my life and her life. So seeing my mother I also immediately see my inner state. And where I have not been straight in my life. It is the greatest treasure she gives me.

One day I hope to have a daughter.